Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED: VIKING 5D

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wam
    replied
    I see that on schematics all resistors 270 R are wrong , I have check its value with ohm meter as well and it shows 27 R. the bar code on resistor are 27R Red Violet Black . Regards. Is any modification for performance improvement available ? Click image for larger version

Name:	M3120007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	518.7 KB
ID:	363440

    Leave a comment:


  • kostas87
    replied
    More information from the coil please.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    can somebody give my the datas from the viking 5d coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    yes axactly the same

    Originally posted by metaldetector107 View Post
    the transmitter is from Micronta 3001,


    kind regrads
    i took mine apart had a look same company built them.

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    discrete ca3094 anyone ?

    not a large parts count
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • pelanj
    replied
    Well, back to the topic The Viking needs some kind of ground balance. I was looking at a Whites Beachcomber 6.0, which has some possibility to either GB or discriminate. It has also a retune button. Anyone ever used one? Whites 3900 might be a similar circuit but with added sensitivity control.

    I just wonder if a detector like that has some advantages to offer - for tiny gold jewellry hunting on a salt water beach. Not that one might get rich of it, but it is a kind of challenge for any detector as I understand it.

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    that's correct

    it's a TR called alert

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by taliesin View Post
    i didn't explain myself correctly.i meant to say it is a TR type .it's got "ALERT" and "made in china".
    So your photo was not from a Viking 5D?

    Leave a comment:


  • metaldetector107
    replied
    its Micronta 3001

    the transmitter is from Micronta 3001,


    kind regrads

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    sorry it's not a viking

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Can you post a photo of the whole detector?
    I suspect this is a different (maybe newer) version of the Viking 5D.

    In an earlier post I said there may be some tuning caps in the search head, which caused problems with the inductance measurement, but I am confident that the TX oscillator was on the PCB. You can easily see that from the schematic.
    i didn't explain myself correctly.i meant to say it is a TR type .it's got "ALERT" and "made in china".

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by taliesin View Post
    dd yes but the one i have has a mini circuit in the head.
    Can you post a photo of the whole detector?
    I suspect this is a different (maybe newer) version of the Viking 5D.

    In an earlier post I said there may be some tuning caps in the search head, which caused problems with the inductance measurement, but I am confident that the TX oscillator was on the PCB. You can easily see that from the schematic.

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    i thought that with a TR type i have

    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I do not have a photo of the insides of the Viking 5 search head, but it is relatively simple to deduce what the internal coil windings look like from the wiring to the PCB, and by examining the schematic.
    In my tests (when I still owned this detector) I decided that it was a DD coil arrangement.
    dd yes but the one i have has a mini circuit in the head.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by taliesin View Post
    has anyone got a photo of inside the search head of any of the viking detectors ?
    thanks in advance
    I do not have a photo of the insides of the Viking 5 search head, but it is relatively simple to deduce what the internal coil windings look like from the wiring to the PCB, and by examining the schematic.
    In my tests (when I still owned this detector) I decided that it was a DD coil arrangement.

    Leave a comment:


  • taliesin
    replied
    anyone got photo of viking ?

    has anyone got a photo of inside the search head of any of the viking detectors ?
    thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • pelanj
    replied
    The rain forced me out of the beach quite early, but my first signal was a 10 DKK coin some 2"-3" deep. I got another two smaller coins, a key and a fishing bait. I got caught by beachcombing so I did not do the depth tests. All in all, I think this one beats the Velleman CS120, which is a rebranded GC1013 by 1 or 2 inches.

    Could I squeeze more out of it by retuning the cap trimmer to less iron rejection? On the beach I do not need too much and might go lower. Is there also any other way or it is just plain useless? Up in this thread there are some quite positive statements about the detector.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X