Edgetech 4125 side scan image of a plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgetech 4125 side scan image of a plane

The best image of a downed aircraft I have ever seen.Click image for larger version

Name:	Edgetech 4125 SB2C 1600khz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	368161
    Attached Files

Sweet image-nice work.

As I am now buying an Edgetech 4125 (400/900) tell me what the frequency was and distance was to the plan.

Post more if you have them.

Comment

Hi,

That image was taken with the 600/1600 kHz Edgetech 4125 system. It is by far the best scan I have ever seen! I also had a 400/900 4125 out that day and collected images in all frequency sets of the 4125. All of the images were collected within 30 meters range per side. Your 400/900 will get ranges to 150 and 75 meters per side respectively. As I was really more interested with making the highest resolution images I could, I didn't tray scanning at longer ranges. I might go out again for some long range scans when I have time.

I'll upload the 400 and 900 kHz images so you can know what to expect from your system.

Comment

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but as I looked at the scale in the image and the quality I sort of figured 1600khz. Very impressive. I' like to see anything you have produced with either 4125. Can't wait to fly mine in the spring. I'm in New Hampshire on the seacoast (Exeter) and dive Lake Winnipesaukee (great stuff there but it's not the Great Lakes), the Connecticut River at the NH/VT border, the ocean off Boston to points north. Dive for all sorts of things.

Where are you?
        HH

Comment

Hans,

Rob works with me at EdgeTech and he made the images. sweet huh. But your new 400/900 will do just about as good on the same range scale.

Garry

Garry

Comment

Thanks Garry I had no idea it was him. I look forward to meeting him.

Comment

This picture or scan looks like it was taken looking vertically down
              but why is there a shadow to the right of most objects ?
              damn fine picture though.

Comment

The tow fish was about 2.5 meters off the bottom slant range from 7 to 15 meters off to one side.

Comment

Originally posted by geosonar View Post
                  The tow fish was about 2.5 meters off the bottom slant range from 7 to 15 meters off to one side.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by geosonar View Post

It is sure a nice scan ! but the fish was only 2.5 meter above the bottem ???

Best regards.

Ap

Comment

Yes,

As a general rule the tow fish height off the bottom should be 10% of the range setting to get the best backscatter energy and the best image. Range setting for this scan was 25 meters per side. That is one of the reasons hull mounted sonars don't perform as well in deeper water.

Comment

Hi

I saw a video that somebody try to detect treasure with sonar in it... I am confused, does sonar is useful for treasure hunting?

Regards

Comment

Hi,

Sonar can be used to locate ship wrecks that may contain treasure. Many treasure hunters use side scan and magnetometers together.

Comment

Was this the same system that they used to map the Titanic debris field ?

Comment

The SS system used in the latest Titanic debris survey was an Edgetech system and is very similar technology but it wasn't exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X