hummingbird 987C ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humminbird 987c

that sounds about right I did some number crunching and with the range set at 72 feet a one foot object would cover 1/8 of an inch so at 144 near the best performance a foot would be about 1/16 of an inch so my 2003 dodge dakota is 18ft tip to tip would be 1 1/8 inches long and just under 1/2 inches wide with a setting of 144 ft.
    I also own the interphase forward scanning sonar and if your looking for suspended fish and want to know there direction and depth the twin scope or similar product is the ticket.
    it will scan 45deg to each side of the bow out to a range of 1000 feet the down side it you crank the resolution and the range to max it takes a while to complete a scan. I have a 16 foot zodak and I set the range at 240 feet and the detail low this allows me to see any object above 90 feet 240 feet in front of me while up on plane in time to avoid it. I was on guam for 5.5 years and navigated the reefs quite often where the water would go from 60+ to like 2ft like a wall.
    if you hold a stedy heading long enough for a complete scan you can see the entire profile.
    I have both eht interphase twinscope and the hummingbird 987c, the interphase uses 200Khz so on the 987c i turn off the 200Khz part of the 50/200Khz bottom sounder and use only the 50Khz also the sidescan uses 455Khz or 262Khz I am still looking to see how much interfearance i get.
    I hope this helps brad

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm the unreg guy that asked about fishing. You guys saved me some time and money. In regards to Interphase, how long have you owned it and how is it holding up quality wise? Any problems with the software interface or instalation? How their customer service? They seem like a small company and I don't want to buy it and have the company goes under in a couple of years...

Comment

humminingbird 987c

on the interphase forward scanning sonar I have had mine for years
        and it has worked well as for customer service I have had not problems
        with my unit so i have not had to use it.
        there newer units have better signal processing and the color ones
        give you more ability to determin target composition.
        brad

Comment

side scan sonar humminbird 987 sc

Hi,

I've seen your message on a forum about the humminbird 987 sc. What do you think about this sonar?
          Can it work in waters as deep as 45 ms?

Where do you think I could find one, with a normal price?

Yours friendly,
          G.CORLAY
          Originally posted by gonyo
          Hi there,

I got one - European Version. They say that the sidescanfunction is limited to 30m or 100feet depth - you can see further but the black stripe in the middle becomes bigger and bigger - in 70m water depth your scan area is only about 30m on each side and the blind area is 200m.
          My unit crashed twice in about half an hour - both times while using the GPS-Waypoint-System.
          There isn´t a PC software yet!

Cheers from Germany

Gonyo

Comment

Again, as the water gets deeper, the blank area in the center of the screen gets wider. At 45 M, you are on the edge of the units practical range. I'd consider 40 M to be the limit for use. I am still happy with mine, but I use it only for sidescan. I do not use it as a plotter because the Navionics maps for it are useless. I have a Garmin 2010 which is a much better plotter and I can navigate without interrupting the side scan image.

Comment

hummimbird 987 SC

Originally posted by gonyo
              Hi there,

I got one - European Version. They say that the sidescanfunction is limited to 30m or 100feet depth - you can see further but the black stripe in the middle becomes bigger and bigger - in 70m water depth your scan area is only about 30m on each side and the blind area is 200m.
              My unit crashed twice in about half an hour - both times while using the GPS-Waypoint-System.
              There isn´t a PC software yet!

Cheers from Germany

Gonyo
              Hi,
              I've just seen your message on the forum and I'm impressed by the hummimbird! What do you think of it, Do you think I can use it in waters 45 meters deep? Where do you think I could get the best prices?
              Thanks for your reply
              Gérard

Comment

Working...
              X