No announcement yet.

sidescan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have some data that I could send you.
    I will upload the data and some images to a web page, so that you and other can download it.
    I'll post the link here when I have uploaded the data.

And I would go for the dual freq system if I was to buy a Sportscan in the future. Or maybe the YellowFin if I was in need of the option to go deeper than 30m with the fish.
    But as I see it, I have no need for this at this point, and NOT at that price that they ask for the YellowFin.
    But the 330/800kHz unit is a nice piece of equipment! And well worth its money. I beleive that this is the unit giving the most walue for money at this point.
    If you upgrade the unit with a more sophisticated software, as Triyton or SonarWiz its fully comparable to the "pro" sidescan units (if you don't need the option of going deep with the towfish).

Glenn

Comment

from Finland

Hi!
      here is the information in English:
      http://www.ramers.fi/esitteet/PINGFIN_brochure-eng.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by henkka View Post
        Hi!
        here is the information in English:
        http://www.ramers.fi/esitteet/PINGFIN_brochure-eng.pdf
        Henrik?

The document have already a link earlier in the thread.
        Or is this link for a newer version of the Pingfin information?

Glenn

Comment

Another update.
          Have just received the lowrance lms 480mds unit. Looking to fit her in the next few weeks when the weather gets a bit better, ice most days at moment. Have booked in for a radio/DMS course on 10 Feb so looking forward to that than we are booked to do a rya boat handling course soon after. we then hope to get as much practice in as possible before the weather really starts to get nice so we can get out scanning. seems strange as i have spent the last 20 years on the ocean but always as the diver and not the driver. Had a few goes on ribs in the past but this is somthing else, and if I have learned one thing in that time is "don,t mess with the ocean" or it can bite back so taking lots of safety precautions and lots of training to make sure we and the boat are up to the job come summer. Just busy replacing all the cooling hoses on the boat as a few have small cracks in them and fitting a twin battery system instead of the single in place at the moment and the appropriate charging diodes and switchs etc. Loving every minute apart from paying for all this stuff,

What is the best way to commence search patterns and is there any software available to help in this task for either the lowrance 480 or any other machine?
          Also can you use the mapping facility available with the lowrance 480, at the same time as using the side scan, or is this not a good idea??
          More qustions to follow I am sure
          Cheers guys
          jeff

Comment

update

Another update.
            Have just received the lowrance lms 480mds unit. Looking to fit her in the next few weeks when the weather gets a bit better, ice most days at moment. Have booked in for a radio/DMS course on 10 Feb so looking forward to that than we are booked to do a rya boat handling course soon after. we then hope to get as much practice in as possible before the weather really starts to get nice so we can get out scanning. seems strange as i have spent the last 20 years on the ocean but always as the diver and not the driver. Had a few goes on ribs in the past but this is somthing else, and if I have learned one thing in that time is "don,t mess with the ocean" or it can bite back so taking lots of safety precautions and lots of training to make sure we and the boat are up to the job come summer. Just busy replacing all the cooling hoses on the boat as a few have small cracks in them and fitting a twin battery system instead of the single in place at the moment and the appropriate charging diodes and switchs etc. Loving every minute apart from paying for all this stuff,

What is the best way to commence search patterns and is there any software available to help in this task for either the lowrance 480 or any other machine?
            Also can you use the mapping facility available with the lowrance 480, at the same time as using the side scan, or is this not a good idea??
            More qustions to follow I am sure
            Cheers guys
            jeff

Comment

You could easily run tha map function on your Lowrance, as the display won't give you any good pictures of the scanning.
              You will have good images when you post-process the files on you computer, but not while scanning.

Glenn

Comment

Working...
              X