Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnum on steroids!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SVEN1
    replied
    Will sell my PCB's in lots of 2 for $10.00 plus shipping

    Leave a comment:


  • reiv
    replied
    What is proper voltage range of Rx offset at input of 4053, about 500mV at 18kHz is it acceptable?

    Leave a comment:


  • ozzy_sv
    replied
    about gm5
    some oscillograms


    Click image for larger version

Name:	gm5.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	348167

    Leave a comment:


  • reiv
    replied
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    50k

    Leave a comment:


  • reiv
    replied
    Hello, what value has discr. potentiometer?

    Leave a comment:


  • Artyom
    replied
    perkun Note that on the printed circuit board, the mag redu has an incorrect layer arrangement (mirror image).

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Toros View Post
    Yes that's the article. I referred it on first page in first post of this topic.
    It is there for years, Carl provided it long time ago.
    Original Flind's Magnum is working on 15kHz.
    Andy Flind explained coil balancing and also provided simple circuitry which helps a lot for that task.
    I simply followed his article and everything came on the place easily.
    But than again; i mentioned this in my first posts here. No need to repeat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    In English language here - http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...gnum/index.dat

    Leave a comment:


  • N@SKO
    replied
    Originally posted by perkun View Post
    Say something about balancing the coil.
    I did DD27 balanced to 100mV.
    When switch to 18khz jumps to 900mV.
    In original GM4 U1 is a TL074?
    Balance of the coil must be done at 18 khz.When switch to 8 khz will keep balance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzy_sv View Post
    I'm sorry, you can give a link to what exactly you mean in view of ?
    Perhaps given Andy Flind's article in the Electronics Magazine of 1981. I think you'll find it in Russian language in md4u.ru

    Leave a comment:


  • ozzy_sv
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    About balancing the coil; read Andy Flind's article.
    I'm sorry, you can give a link to what exactly you mean in view of ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nexus
    replied
    Originally posted by perkun View Post
    Say something about balancing the coil.
    I did DD27 balanced to 100mV.
    When switch to 18khz jumps to 900mV.
    In original GM4 U1 is a TL074?
    I forgot to mention. You can not use the same windings for both low and high frequencies without expecting some shift in offset voltage. First of all the inductance that is sufficient for high frequencies may be insufficient for low frequencies, which means an inductance calculated for low frequencies can be far too great for high frequencies resulting in extreme quality factor values.
    Also it is important to know that any set of windings that are balanced first at low frequencies depending on particular design may require a new balance to work properly at high frequencies.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nexus
    replied
    Originally posted by perkun View Post
    Say something about balancing the coil.
    I did DD27 balanced to 100mV.
    When switch to 18khz jumps to 900mV.
    In original GM4 U1 is a TL074?
    If the RX offset sf over the coil ends 900 mV is a serious problem, but if the offset is on the input of the 4053 (or what ever else is in use) phase demodulator then it is not the end of the world.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by perkun View Post
    Say something about balancing the coil.
    I did DD27 balanced to 100mV.
    When switch to 18khz jumps to 900mV.
    In original GM4 U1 is a TL074?

    On some models there is TL074 and on some models there is LM324.
    About balancing the coil; read Andy Flind's article.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X