Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnum on steroids!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Artyom View Post
    Hello ivconic Explain the purpose of variable regulators R35, R42, R59, R60, R90. Thank you.
    R35= Basic treshold
    R42= additional Treshold for 2-tone option, important at switching/biasing the optocoupler
    R59= can be omitted (shorted) or fixed value = additional precise adjustment for "audio pitch", affects frequency and duty cycle at audio generator.
    R90= Audio pitch, audio frequency, also can be fixed value, according to your own preference
    After playing a bit with R59 and R60 i got the impression that those two values can be completely omitted or put as fixed values, not important benefit from having those as variable adjustments.
    R35 and R42 are somewhat tricky to adjust for nice working 2-tone option. Otpocoupler choice can play significant role here.
    I think multiturn trimmer potentiometer is mandatory choice here, just as it is case at original Golden Mask detectors.
    I used ordinary trimmers and i faced somewhat difficulties to adjust them properly. My mistake...

    Leave a comment:


  • Artyom
    replied
    Hello ivconic Explain the purpose of variable regulators R35, R42, R59, R60, R90. Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "A" and "B" are for switch, 1 or 2-tones audio.
    "C" is optocoupler.
    "E" is inductor.
    For "E" you can put simple wire junction.

    Many, many, many thank's Ivica. Nothing without you.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by CDI View Post
    Can somebody plz tell me what are those marked points? I tried to find on schematic, but no luck. Thank's.
    [ATTACH]37722[/ATTACH]
    "A" and "B" are for switch, 1 or 2-tones audio.
    "C" is optocoupler.
    "E" is inductor.
    For "E" you can put simple wire junction.

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    Can somebody plz tell me what are those marked points? I tried to find on schematic, but no luck. Thank's.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnum redu.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	712.0 KB
ID:	347006

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I tried with PC817 and PC123, both working similar.
    You can find those in any switching supply.
    Maybe?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiltran View Post
    Thanks I'll check it out.. by the way what two transistors did you use for the transmit coil in your through hole version?
    BC327/40 and BC337/40 although any similar will do.
    Not critical.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    Thanks I'll check it out.. by the way what two transistors did you use for the transmit coil in your through hole version?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiltran View Post
    I am working on the through hole version and cant seem to find the 4 pin opto coupler 1522. anyone know of any cross references?
    I tried with PC817 and PC123, both working similar.
    You can find those in any switching supply.

    Leave a comment:


  • chevesne
    replied
    4 pins currents opto couplers are all equivalent ....

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    I am working on the through hole version and cant seem to find the 4 pin opto coupler 1522. anyone know of any cross references?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
    Takes time to acquire all the parts then to build. If your in such a hurry to see one being built, no reason you can't get a move on building one yourself....
    Mine is a winter project, so far have 75% of the parts, ordered a search coil. I probably won't see the balance of what I need for a good 3 weeks. This is my first time building a SMT project, not in any hurry to muck things up. Not sure if anyone else has started one of the three builds.....................

    Good thinking!
    I was literally scared from SMT, once i got those boards on the bench in front of me. How can i manipulate with those small parts? How to solder them properly?
    I don't have quite proper working conditions here, everything is so improvised.
    And than i took a time, went slow. In just half an hour i founded my own method (actually pretty common method) how to handle those small parts.
    After dozen soldered components it starts to go easier and easier. After two hours i became skilled enough to make such works very good. It is practice and patience.
    And everything is in the head, not in tools, not in material ... just in head.

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    I'm waiting for pcb, about part's, they are easy to get them all. Also, very cheap component's...
    About coil, i'm pretty sure Tesoro 4 pin coil's can work.

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by bandito View Post
    Very quickly complete the project,no development

    Takes time to acquire all the parts then to build. If your in such a hurry to see one being built, no reason you can't get a move on building one yourself....
    Mine is a winter project, so far have 75% of the parts, ordered a search coil. I probably won't see the balance of what I need for a good 3 weeks. This is my first time building a SMT project, not in any hurry to muck things up. Not sure if anyone else has started one of the three builds.....................

    Leave a comment:


  • bandito
    replied
    Very quickly complete the project,no development

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X