Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Magnum on steroids!
Collapse
X
-
Thanks Timekiller! yes that has to be right because I looked up the schematic for Gold mask 5 and it shows that it connects to the frequency switch center connector. I am going to try that today because the way I have now it seems like a dead short... no reading on the frequency counter.
-
GM4 coil
Can anyone tell me what pin 5 on the coil connects to? I am building a GM4 coil with the extra TX winding.Originally posted by perkun View PostMy Magnum also works great.
The THT board is checked and working properly.However, the author of the topic made a mistake with connecting the coil.
When I started the detector according to recommendations from the forum the detector worked very bad.
The third coil that is responsible for BG and DISC should be a separate winding not continuing TX!
Correct coil connections are shown in diagram GM5
[ATTACH]39849[/ATTACH]
Leave a comment:
-
No, this diode SS14 has a protective function . Should be at the beginning of the 12 volt line , at the top left corner is not diode . 100 mkh inductance or 10R resistor .
Leave a comment:
-
Timekiller, thanks for your help. One more question, is the SS14 diode the unmarked diode at the top left corner of the through hole board design?
Leave a comment:
-
this is the PCB last revision I can findAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Yes thats the version I built, missing 2.7k from pin 5 of 1458, C48 and C49- are they necessary? What is the applied voltage at + and -Originally posted by timekiller View PostOK , I marked some things. D11 SS14 and R101 2.7k missing , R101 think it's necessary
12V?
Leave a comment:
-
OK , I marked some things. D11 SS14 and R101 2.7k missing , R101 think it's necessaryAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
What are the power requirements and battery hookup connections. I built Ivconics through hole design. It seems to be missing connections.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
It is the capacitive effect of your hands! Make a proper electrical shielding or grounding connection for cable and for the pcb plastic housing, search forum for detailes!
good luck
Leave a comment:
-
Greetings to all . I made this detector, but I have a small question .The board is SMD, not redu - full variant 2 4053 . Discrimination is normal, distance is about 30-32 cm 1 euro coin .The coill is 26 cm with suitable inductance.
But there is something like a skin effect , when touches the cable or housing MD this gives false signals . Not yet tested in the field.
Is this normal in the building ?
Leave a comment:
-
Hi all,
Such a problem arose - the comparator threshold does not change when the R35 trimmer is rotated along its entire end-to-end range.
All voltages are normal, all parts are brand new (nevertheless they are re-measured before installation).
In general detector works but not so deeply (10-15 centimeterс fор medium size coin). For non-ferrous discrimination works ok, but but the iron
is discriminated across the entire adjustment range of the potentiometer "DISK". It seems that both problems are interrelated?
Thank`s in advance for any ideas анд tips for dealing with the problem.
Leave a comment:
-
I will not argue, just lay out for those who wish - the board is fully working, collected by all and all ....
link to google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lNsa3dMVU9BLU0
and link to psbway https://www.pcbway.com/project/share..._Detector.html
Please who should take it)
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: