Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnum on steroids!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wiltran
    replied
    Thanks Timekiller! yes that has to be right because I looked up the schematic for Gold mask 5 and it shows that it connects to the frequency switch center connector. I am going to try that today because the way I have now it seems like a dead short... no reading on the frequency counter.

    Leave a comment:


  • timekiller
    replied
    On collector Q7 .

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    GM4 coil

    Originally posted by perkun View Post
    My Magnum also works great.
    The THT board is checked and working properly.However, the author of the topic made a mistake with connecting the coil.
    When I started the detector according to recommendations from the forum the detector worked very bad.
    The third coil that is responsible for BG and DISC should be a separate winding not continuing TX!
    Correct coil connections are shown in diagram GM5



    [ATTACH]39849[/ATTACH]
    Can anyone tell me what pin 5 on the coil connects to? I am building a GM4 coil with the extra TX winding.

    Leave a comment:


  • timekiller
    replied
    No, this diode SS14 has a protective function . Should be at the beginning of the 12 volt line , at the top left corner is not diode . 100 mkh inductance or 10R resistor .

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    Timekiller, thanks for your help. One more question, is the SS14 diode the unmarked diode at the top left corner of the through hole board design?

    Leave a comment:


  • timekiller
    replied
    No . highly recommended for stable operation 12v .

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    Originally posted by timekiller View Post
    this is the PCB last revision I can find

    Does this circuit have a voltage doubler that allows it to run on a 5V battery?

    Leave a comment:


  • timekiller
    replied
    this is the PCB last revision I can find
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    Originally posted by timekiller View Post
    OK , I marked some things. D11 SS14 and R101 2.7k missing , R101 think it's necessary
    Yes thats the version I built, missing 2.7k from pin 5 of 1458, C48 and C49- are they necessary? What is the applied voltage at + and -
    12V?

    Leave a comment:


  • timekiller
    replied
    OK , I marked some things. D11 SS14 and R101 2.7k missing , R101 think it's necessary
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    What are the power requirements and battery hookup connections. I built Ivconics through hole design. It seems to be missing connections.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    Hi

    It is the capacitive effect of your hands! Make a proper electrical shielding or grounding connection for cable and for the pcb plastic housing, search forum for detailes!

    good luck

    Leave a comment:


  • timekiller
    replied
    Greetings to all . I made this detector, but I have a small question .The board is SMD, not redu - full variant 2 4053 . Discrimination is normal, distance is about 30-32 cm 1 euro coin .The coill is 26 cm with suitable inductance.

    But there is something like a skin effect , when touches the cable or housing MD this gives false signals . Not yet tested in the field.

    Is this normal in the building ?

    Leave a comment:


  • getsa
    replied
    Hi all,
    Such a problem arose - the comparator threshold does not change when the R35 trimmer is rotated along its entire end-to-end range.
    All voltages are normal, all parts are brand new (nevertheless they are re-measured before installation).
    In general detector works but not so deeply (10-15 centimeterс fор medium size coin). For non-ferrous discrimination works ok, but but the iron
    is discriminated across the entire adjustment range of the potentiometer "DISK". It seems that both problems are interrelated?
    Thank`s in advance for any ideas анд tips for dealing with the problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • vlambers
    replied
    I will not argue, just lay out for those who wish - the board is fully working, collected by all and all ....
    link to google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lNsa3dMVU9BLU0
    and link to psbway https://www.pcbway.com/project/share..._Detector.html


    Please who should take it)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X