Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulse 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    By the way, I have no intention of hacking the PIC to get at the hex code. I only hoped to be able to download the hex file in order to save it, since trying to re-program the PIC would result in the loss of the original program. However, I would have been surprised if the code was not protected (which it is). At least I can now flash the 16LF1825 using the PICkit2 programmer if I so desire.
    Yes, you are spot on. It was only so you could restore the original hex to the chip if you needed to. Nothing unethical about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    We appreciate you here KT. Alexeys Impulse2 is very good price, so not much for people to complain about not having hex-just buy it and experiment what you can get out of it...Like you I enjoy nutting out and simplifying designs. I just can't seem to get to all my aspirations. Seems to be plenty of other micros here these days for experimenting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    By the way, I have no intention of hacking the PIC to get at the hex code. I only hoped to be able to download the hex file in order to save it, since trying to re-program the PIC would result in the loss of the original program. However, I would have been surprised if the code was not protected (which it is). At least I can now flash the 16LF1825 using the PICkit2 programmer if I so desire.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    Only take and never give

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    not mine boards. not my selling. i only shared gerber files to one. thats good example what will be if you give
    the data to somebody. people do not want to grasp how much time i wasted on the layout.
    they do not want to appreciate the hard job of other man. only 'here and now'.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    KT, we see your point. With firmware and hardware( schematic). Next thing you know is that someone is selling them on eBay.
    I hope those were your boards,right?

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    no demo Version please, i hope author can send a open Firmware to Play for all
    ahaha! ))) and then ebay?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    no demo Version please, i hope author can send a open Firmware to Play for all

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Well that's no surprise. Just schematic alone is useless. Unless someone is able to make software. Maybe author would consider demo version of hex file with a counter that expires after limited number of uses. That way he may benefit from other people trying to improve the circuit for better performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    replied me will share the schematic later but does not share the hex.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I already had version 2.61 for the PICkit2. It was the latest PK2DeviceFile.dat configuration file I was having trouble finding. Well done on finding that!
    Now that the programmer is able to detect the PIC16LF1825 device, my plan was to read and save the original hex code. Then I could play around with programming the detector without losing the original software. Unfortunately (as I expected) both the code and EEPROM have code protect turned on, so that will not be possible.

    I've managed to trace out the circuit of the Impulse2. Once I get the chance to create the schematic I'll post it here.
    Well that's too bad, but not unexpected. At least you have the schematic traced out. That would be great to see.
    But then what would be the use without the software? The graphical lcd display interface is one good thing about this detector, also its small size may be good for underwater detector. The circuit itself might be improved a bit for optimum performance. Don't know anything about writing code, maybe I should learn how.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    This version 2.61 pickit2 supports 16f1825, you can find it here
    https://www.doityourselfchristmas.co...gramming_A_PIC
    I already had version 2.61 for the PICkit2. It was the latest PK2DeviceFile.dat configuration file I was having trouble finding. Well done on finding that!
    Now that the programmer is able to detect the PIC16LF1825 device, my plan was to read and save the original hex code. Then I could play around with programming the detector without losing the original software. Unfortunately (as I expected) both the code and EEPROM have code protect turned on, so that will not be possible.

    I've managed to trace out the circuit of the Impulse2. Once I get the chance to create the schematic I'll post it here.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    This version 2.61 pickit2 supports 16f1825, you can find it here

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    On the left-hand side of the PCB there's a 5-pin ICSP connector consisting of a some pads on the top layer. I've soldered a standard 5-pin SIL connector onto the pads so that I can connect a PICkit2 programmer and attempt to grab the hex file. Unfortunately the PICkit2 does not recognise the 16F1825 processor. I'm just trying to figure out how to add a configuration for this PIC to the pk2DeviceFile.dat file. I expect the hex will be code protected, but I've got to try.
    The pickit 3 software should have the appropriate file, maybe it can just be placed in the appropriate folder for pickit 2, not sure. Or maybe just use another micro.

    Leave a comment:


  • qute1
    replied
    oh and just bought another four of these to play with soooo "its tweaking time" bd bd bd bd

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X