Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulse 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • qute1
    replied
    hmm i was wondering what the magic fingers were for on the left...........thinks.....where did i leave that eprom jimper........

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Not long and our Chinese friends will have a chip decoder on Ebay, if they haven't already......

    Leave a comment:


  • Melbeta
    replied
    Well, I can say when hacking a chip, one can send a variety of voltage amounts, which we called JIGGLE back then, and eventually the secured chip, and suddenly there was the code on my computer screen. I admit to nothing, I know nothing. Well I do know one thing. I meta a Russian guy some years ago who was entering secured Microcontroller chips, for his doctors, and replacing the burned fuses, and reading the sram chips contents inside the microcontrollers. Again, I admit to nothing, i know nothing.

    Oh I know another something. I met Microchip engineers, who opened up to me regarding reverse engineering, and they were doing that as well. Again, I admit to nothing, I know nothing.

    Oh I know another thing. Some guys were building data stream capture devices, and then placing the captured data stream into a hex file, arranged by virtue of the lines of the commans, showing the first byte as the first byte, the last byte as the line checksum number. Each line of command had a line checksum number thus one could separate the lines of command. That is until they began to scramble each line of command.

    I am not going to go any further right now...
    Melbeta

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    That would be very nice, then I could write the code. If only I knew how, but I don't have a clue. Maybe author will be generous and provide the code. I'm sure someone here on forum can do software. Maybe hack the micro? What the hell do I know
    On the left-hand side of the PCB there's a 5-pin ICSP connector consisting of a some pads on the top layer. I've soldered a standard 5-pin SIL connector onto the pads so that I can connect a PICkit2 programmer and attempt to grab the hex file. Unfortunately the PICkit2 does not recognise the 16F1825 processor. I'm just trying to figure out how to add a configuration for this PIC to the pk2DeviceFile.dat file. I expect the hex will be code protected, but I've got to try.

    Leave a comment:


  • qute1
    replied
    error on previous post thats 379uh coil sos got excited but careful tweaking of settings today and it does seem to be getting good depth, width at 12, time at 62 ! sensitivity full on.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    i asked him to share a schematic, in feepay pm. anybody has his email address?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I plan to back-engineer the hardware, so we'll have a schematic later.
    The software will be another issue.
    That would be very nice, then I could write the code. If only I knew how, but I don't have a clue. Maybe author will be generous and provide the code. I'm sure someone here on forum can do software. Maybe hack the micro? What the hell do I know

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I plan to back-engineer the hardware, so we'll have a schematic later.
    The software will be another issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Did it come with a schematic ?
    I plan to back-engineer the hardware, so we'll have a schematic later.
    The software will be another issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • qute1
    replied
    No , no schematic its programmed pic chip type thingy like arduino, Click image for larger version

Name:	impulse board.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	351205 here is the manual board picture, its fairly basic to figure though.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Did it come with a schematic ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Good work it will be interesting to hear more about it.
    Yes. Delay and width are adjustable, and a fast coil may improve this result.
    I am also interested to see the filter tested. 1-low 2-med 3-dynamic/reset.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Good work it will be interesting to hear more about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • qute1
    replied
    Fixed it the lcd connector block is not the best so after two hours checking dries and wiggling "its alive" not too bad still needs tweaking to the coil but gets thin mans gold wedding band at 5" and heavy silver (two rings 1.8 troy ounces .......999) at about 8" which is not bad and the standard for most good pulsies in air(mine anyhow) so with a 124uh 1.3ohm 9.8" coil i say "its a goodun" !

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Very good KT. I have Pickit2 for Pickini project but Magpi also looks worthwhile.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X