Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    ApBerg,Geo...it is strange? I replaced LF353 with; TL082,TL072,TL062,TLC272.....Every one gave me same oscigramm at pin 1. Same as i posted above??? It is not about LF353.
    Come to suspect either to osciloscope either to method i am scoping pin 1.
    Read this: gnd probe i do connect on gnd or -pole of accu, signal probe i put on pin 1. ...isnt that right?
    So aleays i gain same oscigramm....and TGSL is working rally PERFECT. No difference between LF353 and TL082...2cm coin detect at 36cm in the air. No false signals,beeps, chatters - nothing. Stabile as stone. Same in All Metal mode, very stabile! I dont use 1M any more. Yes sound is weak, but as TikTak stated; you can always use headphones...until we make some audio mod...
    And one more thing: i am usin 8 ohms speaker WITHOUT extra resistance any more! Now i have more elegant solution which affects overall performances in positive way; instead that 2K2 at last LM358 (on some schematics noted as 33K) i put 10K. Why? Simplyi founded it by experiment. Actually 8K2 is suited more but i took 10k...to have some reserve in audio on more mineralized terrains...If you interested play with it. You will see yourself.

    One more thing; i think my oscilogramm (i posted here) is most accurate and that is the way it should be. To understand this you have to scope pin 2. of LM393 - input from Disc stage. You have to see and follow signal behavior from point where Disc is lowest to point where Disc is highest - adjusting Disc pot from minimum to maximum while scoping pin 2.
    If you want to see my results, take a look at this video:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Confucious say:
    You can lead a horse to water, BUT, you can't make him drink.
    i give up.
    Eeeeeahh heeeeaaaah pffffffff!

    Hah,hah,hah...! Porkluvr i liked your post!!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Hi,
    Originally posted by tiktak View Post
    Ivconic I can't understand how you digg 254 coins when this detector can't recognize half of rusty horse shoe?
    Unles my pcb have this behaviour!!
    Some large Irons are discriminated,but this half of rusty horseshoe is making my TGS singing like on coin!

    Did you wind TX and RX in same direction or in oposite?
    Thanks



    Hah,hah,hah!!!
    What kind of question is that? How i dug those coins..!?!?!? Simply, i detected those and dug them, one by one...Simply as that.
    TikTak you are, almost always, asking me simillar questions..? Why?
    Like you "investigating something in my posts"? Are you Serbian? Bet you are!
    Are you, by some strange coincidence Darko? Bet you are! Or one of his friends!? If you want something to say here, dont hesitate...c'mon spell it!
    But please do not ask me questions like that anymore....
    "Half of rusty horse shoe..."!? Is it possible that there are some terrains without horse shoes "installed" in??
    How i couldnt detect horse shoe? Simply, there wasnt anyone there, where i went to propsect... Even if were, my Dscrimination circuitry works very well, also my coils are nulled perfectly, so there is NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN sound produced by horse shoe and coin!

    Anyway, i am glad to see that you finally made coil with detection over 30cm...Bravo! Good job!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    I found the cable


    Yes i found the cable so i attach here the "signal at pin1 of LF353 " at my scope.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "...I think that you probably have some other and bigger problem that mask the positive effects of having it.

    That's why you cannot see advantages... or maybe is just simulator that make us crazy now..."

    Most likely i do!

    But also possible other??? I never liked simulators...many times results from them do not correlate with reality!!! Plain truth!
    Confucious say:
    You can lead a horse to water, BUT, you can't make him drink.
    i give up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    I can't find where it is the cable to connect the mobile phone to pc so to upload the photos from oscilloscope. If i will find it i will uload the photos

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi. I traced the signal at pin1 of LF353 and it is a perfect sinus signal. No square and without any anomalies. But when i put the sens at max (>7) "at manual mode" i have a lot of erratic signals ( i connected the 1M resistor). At disc mode that i disconnect the resistor i can work with full?? sens(9...9.5/10).
    Generally at disc mode it is more stable but i think that it dont work good. So when i put the pot right then don't detect any coin but the same for the soldering cream can that it is from iron. I will try it more.....
    About Notch........ I can't understand if it works and what it do.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    LF353-1

    Hello Ivica.

    Made a testboard, giving me also some problems. If I pas my hand over the print it wil give an echo..... can be becorse of the long connections.?!
    Can also be a problem in the desing from the print.......?!
    If I pul out the zener 4v3 I got the same signal at 353-1 that you have, look at the screenshot.The transmitsignal has so also some effect.

    The first board is working fine, it is the test board that gives problems, wel wil check and test tings, if answers are there I let you know.

    Ap
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Ivconic I can't understand how you digg 254 coins when this detector can't recognize half of rusty horse shoe?
    Unles my pcb have this behaviour!!
    Some large Irons are discriminated,but this half of rusty horseshoe is making my TGS singing like on coin!

    Did you wind TX and RX in same direction or in oposite?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    You can null using multimeter (I can too, I've tested and works cool) but be sure you gain exactly 0.0 mV not 0.1mV or something more or e.g. -0.1 ...cause otherwise you have maybe 20mVpp or more on coil and that's not so good.

    1. without 1M mod for audio I get signal too but sound is weaker than with it... so I get e.g. 1eur coin at 34cm about loud without 1M resistor, with it I get with loud sound from 35-36cm too, that's about top of the range for it. That's more important with smaller stuff like small 1eur-cent coins , with 1M I get loud sound where I just cannot hear sound on speaker without cause is very weak. VERY WEAK BUT THERE IS ALWAYS... I mean if I use headphones I hear easy all small sounds I have without the 1M resistor.

    2. I wound totally coil from start to finish from bottom (wood plane), and don't use separate layers... if you watch at my posted picture you will see that thing




    Hi Max,
    I think that you dont understand me for winding.I looked your pictures many times.I meen that if you make 100 windings on one layer you will recive much more diferent shape when winding is ready!Also did you wind TX and RX in same direction?
    I have made stupid mistake again!! Yes 1K.Will try!
    But have noticed that no mether what I try I hardly go above 24-25 cm on coin.
    I will try null again with 1K and will tell you..
    ABOUT TLC2262 I cant find this!
    If I get you right this afect the behaviour of device iven if NOTCH is off right?
    What is the distance that you reach for 10 euro cent coin?
    I also noticed that my device is working sometime very good and other time its so noisy!
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Bye!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    That's an idea... maybe it works... at least could reduce some problems.

    But I think we have to understand LF353 behaviour too.

    I cannot do scope traces this evening (cause I'll be not at home) maybe tomorrow... I need some time to trace and post all them.

    huh ! I must go now !

    Bye

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...I think that you probably have some other and bigger problem that mask the positive effects of having it.

    That's why you cannot see advantages... or maybe is just simulator that make us crazy now..."

    Most likely i do!

    But also possible other??? I never liked simulators...many times results from them do not correlate with reality!!! Plain truth!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Sorry, it's late... I've to go away now... let me know what do you think of points.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    - collector of transistor at osc.....THIS ONE IS O.K.
    - output of preamp (pin 7 353).....THIS ONE IS O.K.
    - output of "disc" amplifier (pin 1 353)...STRANGE-SQUARE
    - geb syncro signal (pin 7 of 393)....TO BE SCOPED
    - signal after 20K resistors (drain -or source- of that fets)....SEEMS O.K.
    - output of first 2 integrators....TO BE SCOPED
    - output of 308s.....TO BE SCOPED
    - output of comparators....TO BE SCOPED

    So later i will scope all of those - sure no problem. I'll take shots.
    You also take shots. We'll meet again here in few hours and compare...ok?
    I'll be absent for 2 hours...be back than.
    One more thing...yes i have same feeling that MPSA14 is draining to much power when "opened"...so i was thinking, only for experiment, to supply it through extra 7809 or simillar, incuding few filter capacitors...and than see what will happen? Of course in that case to strictly use 8 ohm spkr...
    What do you think?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X