Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nelson
    replied
    Ok Ivconic, yes resistance is 12.3 ohms and i don´t know how to raice it. Should i use a resistor in series?
    The low resistance, may be is for the wire diameter (to high).
    I agree with you, experimenting is the clue.
    Today i did`t have time to work on Golden Sabre. To much ofice work and i don`t know if tomorrow i ll have the time to do so. I m just wating next weekend to finish this MD and of course post results and expirencies with it.
    Will keep on touch.
    Best regards.
    Nelson



    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Nelson, it is normal,inductance to raise a bit, when coil is "constrained" and
    windings have less space between them. I also noticed that. Tape has nothing to
    do with inductance changes...at least noticeable one.
    6.85mH will work fine on G.Sabre. But i am concerned about resistivity...to low.
    "...have to compensate the difference in mH...." No, no need for that.
    "wire is 0.42 mm in diamater.." I think this is way to large. Better use 0.25mm.
    or if cant find, than 0.3mm.
    But since you already made it...it will be interested to test it, anyway.
    Use that for TX and make another one with 0.3mm for RX...Try to keep resistance
    over 18ohms....
    I might be wrong on this, but my coils works vry good and resistances are over 18ohms,
    also i used 0.25mm wire (0.28mm with varnish)...
    Inductances are arround 6mH...more-less..
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    GS


    Nelson, it is normal,inductance to raise a bit, when coil is "constrained" and
    windings have less space between them. I also noticed that. Tape has nothing to
    do with inductance changes...at least noticeable one.
    6.85mH will work fine on G.Sabre. But i am concerned about resistivity...to low.
    "...have to compensate the difference in mH...." No, no need for that.
    "wire is 0.42 mm in diamater.." I think this is way to large. Better use 0.25mm.
    or if cant find, than 0.3mm.
    But since you already made it...it will be interested to test it, anyway.
    Use that for TX and make another one with 0.3mm for RX...Try to keep resistance
    over 18ohms....
    I might be wrong on this, but my coils works vry good and resistances are over 18ohms,
    also i used 0.25mm wire (0.28mm with varnish)...
    Inductances are arround 6mH...more-less..
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    MAX!
    isn't
    LM308 single amplifer?It should be replaced whith TL081!!?!??!?
    And for LF353-TL082-dual amplifer??!!?!?!?!?
    Thanks

    p.s NE5534 insted of LM308?




    Hi,
    1. NO, LM398 is another thing (sample and hold IC) and you can't use there.
    2. NO, they are different parts : ka2262 if FM demodulator pll; tea2262 is SWITCH MODE POWER SUPPLY CONTROLLER for TV/VCR sets.

    Sorry, you can't. But you can try lm358/tl082 instead of 2262 and lf356/lf357 instead of lm308: they are very easy to find in europe and many other countries all around the world (are also obsolete parts but nevermind).

    Best regards,
    Max

    Hi,
    yes 308 is single, could use tl081 and ne5534 would be even better (much less noise). They are both really easy to find.

    LF353, TL082 are dual, you could think also at NE5532 (much less noise, dual version of 5534) but look at consumption ; 1 ne5532 needs about 6mA !
    I've tested on bandido and WOW I need another power supply circuit to drive that stuff there (-V rail ran out of steam with these philips pearls)...so I've putted tlc2262 from TI that required much less current though mantaining about same noise level.
    But for all the rest they are wonderful devices, I use a lot of them in audio stuff and other things and they rocks.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Ivconic.
    Yesterday i made the first coil. Before i place the electric tape it measured 6.5 mH and after a put the tape measured 6.85 mH and 12.3 ohms. Coil diameter is 19 cms and wire is 0.42 mm in diamater. My questión is if these values are accepted, because for the other coil i ll have to compensate the difference in mH. This means to made the coil for a value of 6 mH and after i place the electric tape should meassure 6.35 mH.
    Or should i have to take of the electric tape to get the correct values of 6 and 6.5 mH?
    REgards and thanks for your unconditional support.

    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I'll try to prepare for tomorrow, if you are not in hurry...Dont have it prepared....I dont understand? It is so easy and clear..? Just obey schematic and trace pcb....For testing purposes you may omit "notch" and all arround it...Only disc./all metal switch is needed....Sens.pot and ON/Off switch...for disc and gnd may use trimmers while testing...
    OK anyway i'll draw pic tomorrow...
    Here is more details about coil...
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    ?

    Hi,
    MAX!
    isn't
    LM308 single amplifer?It should be replaced whith TL081!!?!??!?
    And for LF353-TL082-dual amplifer??!!?!?!?!?
    Thanks

    p.s NE5534 insted of LM308?




    Hi,
    1. NO, LM398 is another thing (sample and hold IC) and you can't use there.
    2. NO, they are different parts : ka2262 if FM demodulator pll; tea2262 is SWITCH MODE POWER SUPPLY CONTROLLER for TV/VCR sets.

    Sorry, you can't. But you can try lm358/tl082 instead of 2262 and lf356/lf357 instead of lm308: they are very easy to find in europe and many other countries all around the world (are also obsolete parts but nevermind).

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,
    MAX

    For LM308 I suggest (but hard to find):
    NTE398

    Can I use LF398????
    Will this be better than TL81 or its the same like NTE398?
    And for LF353 you give TLC2262!
    I can find Ka2262 and TEA2262!!

    What will you advice me
    THANKS
    Hi,
    1. NO, LM398 is another thing (sample and hold IC) and you can't use there.
    2. NO, they are different parts : ka2262 if FM demodulator pll; tea2262 is SWITCH MODE POWER SUPPLY CONTROLLER for TV/VCR sets.

    Sorry, you can't. But you can try lm358/tl082 instead of 2262 and lf356/lf357 instead of lm308: they are very easy to find in europe and many other countries all around the world (are also obsolete parts but nevermind).

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    ?

    Hello,
    MAX

    For LM308 I suggest (but hard to find):
    NTE398

    Can I use LF398????
    Will this be better than TL81 or its the same like NTE398?
    And for LF353 you give TLC2262!
    I can find Ka2262 and TEA2262!!

    What will you advice me
    THANKS

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Yes it is "movement" type of detector...or MOTION...
    Daytona is simple yet very interesting..
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • detectoman
    replied
    ivconic

    thanks for attention to us
    your work is excellent
    one question please say me
    these detector gold sabre is movement? or not movement?
    can add big coil dd what is features
    is superior in depht or discrimination to my, spectrum xlt?
    is the show diagram early daytona' excellent and practique simplification of metal detector discrimination your opinion in function

    best wises ivconic and nelson

    detectoman

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Ivconic, many thanks for nice job you have done to help us with little knolegment of electronics.
    Everything now is clear and tomorrow i ll connect those pots and swithces. I will also made the coil.
    Excellent job and best regards.
    Take care
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    O.K. I did it now...Maybe a bit sloppy, but important is that you understand
    how to connect those.
    I guess there must be some other way to connect those, depends of what kind
    of switches you may find...I connected it like this, since i had those
    switches.
    Switch On/Off may remain single, not attached on any pot, or can be in same
    housing with Sense pot....never mind...
    I wouldnt suggest you to use pot. for GEB, just leave it as trimmer.Adjust it
    well on the ground, not to produce false signals while fast swinging over gnd.
    Or you may use some hot rock instead real ground....or ferrite...
    Do not forget those jumpers...What else...?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ....


    O.K. I did it now...Maybe a bit sloppy, but important is that you understand
    how to connect those.
    I guess there must be some other way to connect those, depends of what kind
    of switches you may find...I connected it like this, since i had those
    switches.
    Switch On/Off may remain single, not attached on any pot, or can be in same
    housing with Sense pot....never mind...
    I wouldnt suggest you to use pot. for GEB, just leave it as trimmer.Adjust it
    well on the ground, not to produce false signals while fast swinging over gnd.
    Or you may use some hot rock instead real ground....or ferrite...
    Do not forget those jumpers...What else...?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I'll try to prepare for tomorrow, if you are not in hurry...Dont have it prepared....I dont understand? It is so easy and clear..? Just obey schematic and trace pcb....For testing purposes you may omit "notch" and all arround it...Only disc./all metal switch is needed....Sens.pot and ON/Off switch...for disc and gnd may use trimmers while testing...
    OK anyway i'll draw pic tomorrow...
    Here is more details about coil...
    regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Thanks Ivconic. Yes i measured caps with another instrument and gives me 5.4 uF.
    Ivconic, sorry for this question, but, can you draw how to conect swithces and pots. I can see on your MD that you place on the panes 3 pots and 3 switches. I have 3 pots just pots, 3 switches (on/off). Can these work on this project or i need a pot than can turn on/off and also do the resistance job?
    Regards and thanks
    Nelson


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ? Should read 5uF...or close?
    Maybe you used bad capacitors?
    Coil seems to be proper wired...it should work fine!
    regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ?

    ? Should read 5uF...or close?
    Maybe you used bad capacitors?
    Coil seems to be proper wired...it should work fine!
    regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Ivconic. About the coil, is this configuration ok?
    Thanks
    Nelson


    Originally posted by nelson View Post
    Hi Ivconic.
    Today i finish tesoro golden sabre pcb with all components on it.
    Just need to know how to connect swithches and potenciometers. can you draw it on the pcb to get a clearly idea?.
    For 4.7uF caps i took two 10 uF electrolitics caps and solder the negative lead to each other. Then i place the positive leads on the board, but the value measure with my L/C meter II B, show 2 uF. Is this a problem?
    For coil i ll make the same that you post.
    Regards
    Nelson

    Here are pictures of my MD
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X