Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fred
    replied
    Hi Eugene,

    So you could find a place without net and cellphones? this still exist on Earth ?!! Cool !
    Good luck !,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    TESORO GOLDEN SABRE

    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    I'm back just for a while... have to think something else... but problems are still there.

    I think it's a good idea sync converter with tx stage.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Glad to hear your still around Max , I am working away from home for several weeks , Its terrible to be in an area with no cell phone signal and no internet!!! I will be back on everyday , sometime around or just after Thanksgiving . A little bit early , but , Happy Thanksgiving To everyone on this Geotech Forum !!! Take Care everyone !!!! ..........Eugene52 / formerly Amtech2005/stalni-clan of Ivconics Hobi-Detektori

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    thanks, you know... I cannot think about problems all the time... so I relax a bit here looking for interesting stuff (actually distracting myself from the troubles and bad things I see - unfortunately - everyday).

    It's kind of brainwash, needed to go ahead these days... so will be not only about technical posts... maybe some sarcasm here and there...

    Like Dr. House maybe ?

    Worse things around...that I see, enormous troubles...as example... yesterday I saw a young, beautiful woman die... not a good thing to see, belive me...that's why I cannot sleep much these days.

    Sure... I know this is OFF-TOPIC here so I will not write more about.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    We wish you better days ahead...

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi,

    Hi,
    Ivica.
    How are you?
    I have solved my problemes with TGSL1265.Now its almost complete.Bad capacitators!Now I am changing all of them.
    Can you please tell me where I have to attach this small PCB with the monostable?To GND or -8V?
    Thanks
    Its a lot quieter than TGS.
    I like it.I use the old setup with 2X2n2907 and 2X2N2222 all metal.And now just for tests TL081 insteed of LM308.I dont have a pair now.I am waiting for one soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Hi Max,
    Welcome back,
    Forum has much less activity on tecnhical matters without your comments ...
    Regards,
    Fred.
    Hi,
    thanks, you know... I cannot think about problems all the time... so I relax a bit here looking for interesting stuff (actually distracting myself from the troubles and bad things I see - unfortunately - everyday).

    It's kind of brainwash, needed to go ahead these days... so will be not only about technical posts... maybe some sarcasm here and there...

    Like Dr. House maybe ?

    Worse things around...that I see, enormous troubles...as example... yesterday I saw a young, beautiful woman die... not a good thing to see, belive me...that's why I cannot sleep much these days.

    Sure... I know this is OFF-TOPIC here so I will not write more about.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    I'm back just for a while... have to think something else... but problems are still there.

    I think it's a good idea sync converter with tx stage.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    Hi Max,
    Welcome back,
    Forum has much less activity on tecnhical matters without your comments ...
    Regards,
    Fred.

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I meant use voltage reg oscillator to drive TX coil, everything in sync!

    Glad you are back, hope all is well.

    -SB
    Hi,
    I'm back just for a while... have to think something else... but problems are still there.

    I think it's a good idea sync converter with tx stage.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Max View Post
    Hi,
    free run mode is no good: intermodulation between md timing signals and analog with converter clock.

    Kind regards,
    Max
    I meant use voltage reg oscillator to drive TX coil, everything in sync!

    Glad you are back, hope all is well.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Thanks for reference looks good. Looks like they put a sync pulse into the capacitor timing input -- hey, if it works... This chip needs external coil "buck-boost" type looks like, 300uH not to big I guess, but other 7660 just need capacitors. Usually type with coil higher efficiency though I think.

    Another design possibility if you're feeling creative instead of sync pulse is to let the voltage regulator free run and use it's oscillator to drive TX coil; an idea I'd like to try sometime.

    Cheers!

    -SB
    Hi,
    free run mode is no good: intermodulation between md timing signals and analog with converter clock.

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ... This is from White's Spectrum ps.
    You have here sync input.
    Power...i am not sure, i will search for any data, but if it can supply Spectrum - it can supply any other descent "consumer" too, i guess.
    Cheers!
    Thanks for reference looks good. Looks like they put a sync pulse into the capacitor timing input -- hey, if it works... This chip needs external coil "buck-boost" type looks like, 300uH not to big I guess, but other 7660 just need capacitors. Usually type with coil higher efficiency though I think.

    Another design possibility if you're feeling creative instead of sync pulse is to let the voltage regulator free run and use it's oscillator to drive TX coil; an idea I'd like to try sometime.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...The device can drive external NPN or PNP transistors when currents in excess of 1.5A or voltages in excess of 40V are required...."

    Yup!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ... This is from White's Spectrum ps.
    You have here sync input.
    Power...i am not sure, i will search for any data, but if it can supply Spectrum - it can supply any other descent "consumer" too, i guess.
    Cheers!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    spacious PCB

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Power drain is actually not an issue, especially at TGS/TGSL.
    With last audio mod (2xBC547+BD140) it bairly drains 22mA up to 30mA in some cases. Conversion from 12 to 8 volts also is not an issue.
    On TGSL, Delta Pulse and few other detectors, i am always using small accu. 12V/1.3Ah. So it lasts for days on terrains outdoor. Last time i checked it, it was my 5-day expedition, without charging i worked with TGSL approx. 10 hours per day, 5 days... So..it is not an issue at all.

    Refering 7660...it is cute, but if you need more power than 78S40 is better solution. It costs
    some 40 eurocents in local shops.
    78S40 is nice to know about. What is efficiency, I could not tell from spec? Also did not see how to sync to MD oscillator which I think is important. Seems everyone is busy, me too, but still working on TGSL -- slowly.

    If Eclipse has TGSL PCB without ground plane (tiny channels) please post, I'm interested! Or can anyone recommend which PCB is good for bigger components?

    Cheers,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Lateley I am so busy I've been to the forum 2 times in 3 weeks! Sheesh this work of mine is driving me crazy! I freezed all the work untill Christmas vacation hopefully. Cheers.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Power drain is actually not an issue, especially at TGS/TGSL.
    With last audio mod (2xBC547+BD140) it bairly drains 22mA up to 30mA in some cases. Conversion from 12 to 8 volts also is not an issue.
    On TGSL, Delta Pulse and few other detectors, i am always using small accu. 12V/1.3Ah. So it lasts for days on terrains outdoor. Last time i checked it, it was my 5-day expedition, without charging i worked with TGSL approx. 10 hours per day, 5 days... So..it is not an issue at all.

    Refering 7660...it is cute, but if you need more power than 78S40 is better solution. It costs
    some 40 eurocents in local shops.
    Yes, if you have 12V battery anyway, not matter. But TGSL could run on 9.6 for example, more convenient with better regulator chip or other power scheme. 7660 looks like it only good for 10 mA I think, not sure. Less important than solving audio problems though!

    I am trying to decide on best PCB for me so I can really test real MD -- waiting for Eclipse next PCB, I think has bigger space for components. Other suggestions welcome.

    Cheers!

    -SB

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X