Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • der_fisherman
    replied
    IGSL Potentiometer Connections/Direction

    As far as I can tell, this is an accurate representation of either SilverDog IGSL versions, of the Potentiometer connections. The reason is that the SilverDog PCB versions are slightly different to that previously posted by someone else.

    CCW = Pot connection at 0 Ohms when fully anticlockwise. Links herum.
    CW = Pot connection at 0 Ohms when fully clockwise. Rechts herum.
    Wiper = Middle wiper connection.

    Regards

    Andy
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Congratulations on getting your project up and running. The numbers you posted do not look bad at all for a first run.

    I think the relationship between Tx and Rx frequency is more important than the actual frequency. Look at where Ivconic wound up with the Musketeer coil on the TGSL circuitry.

    5.99 mh sounds pretty good for the tx. What was the receive?

    What is the actual frequency you are getting?

    Also, connect the Rx coil up to the oscillator and measure it's frequency.

    It is looking good though.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    my build errors

    All, I last night got the IGSL to cough into life.


    Coils are as yet unsheilded.

    First target detect

    UK pound coin at ~ 9"
    nail clippers ~ 12"
    small gold watch ~ 7"
    Aluminium screw lid ~ 14"

    Nulled to ~ 0.8v at Rx preamp output - pin 1

    Tx coil was 5.99mH on a Hewlett Packard LCR meter!
    Frequency is about 1kHz low - removed some turns, did creep up by 0.1kHz per turn - but not enough yet. May need 6 - 12 more removed?



    Rx coil has too many turns - being cautious - will reduce later perhaps - dont know how to tweak Rx chain for max smoke??


    Errors

    I had Pots P1, P2, P3 wired incorrectly (P4 was ok)
    Dual target blip - I reversed the Rx winding to solve as per other posts.

    controls are a mystery currently - mid point on all giving me something.

    Not sure what the next step is!


    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It is easy to wire up pots.
    I input letter "S" on pcb draw, meaning "(S)rednji" = "middle" or wiper.
    I forgot to translate it on English later...
    Yes, Petravka's draw is explanatory enough.
    this are the problems i had to
    this is why i asked but the diagram from petravka makes it sure
    thank you very much

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    I think my addition to the excellent drawing is wrong handed, that the connection marked "3" is the CCW position, not 1 as I indicated.

    My sincere apologies for the errors....

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It is easy to wire up pots.
    I input letter "S" on pcb draw, meaning "(S)rednji" = "middle" or wiper.
    I forgot to translate it on English later...
    Yes, Petravka's draw is explanatory enough.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Defining the position of the pins on a potentiometer

    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    im always not shure when wiring pots

    post 622 shows wiring for tgsl at pots with markings 1,2,3

    it is at igsl the same?
    Tut mir leid/Sorry, I think I understand your question to me much better now.....the diagram helps a lot to explain your question...

    Its easy understanding which one is the wiper just by looking at the schematic, on all normal Pots & trimmers anyway that I have seen. The problem is identifying the "end" position as this can give a reversed action when wrong and make it REALLY difficult to understand a setup from someone who did it the other way round.....

    Simon Baker tried to make it easier to understand by marking on post 622 I believe, the CCW - Counter Clock Wise (links herum) position. But as that was TGSL, it was not 100% useful for me with IGSL.....

    The position marked CCW, is the side where the wiper has the minimum resistance to a pin (one or 3 connecting to 2, which is the wiper). A multimeter should define this easily....

    Petravka has posted a good diagram here, the best I have seen, for IGSL. It should be fine for both Musk & DIY Coils. I have added a little info that I believe is correct, perhaps Petravka can make sure for me, that should help you further.

    I am sorry that I was unhelpful before.......talk to you again soon Compadre.....

    regards

    Andy
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • petravka
    replied
    IGSL with Musketeer coils
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    What "post 622" ?
    Where?
    What is that "1Meg" there for??

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    im always not shure when wiring pots

    post 622 shows wiring for tgsl at pots with markings 1,2,3

    it is at igsl the same?

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    coilj measurements

    If anyone needs a coil measuring with a good Hewlett Packard profassional inductance meter.

    You would have to arrange return postage.


    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by habitbraker View Post
    Nice work. But I have question - Why do you still use jumper wires if pcb already has them as pcb traces on top side? Just fill those holes with solder....
    thats a thing i make for sure
    at surf pi project somebody has said to me that i dont should trust the vias on pcb and that i should fill the holes or better to set a wire so i make it take some minutes more but i can be sure that this cant be an error source

    Leave a comment:


  • habitbraker
    replied
    Nice work. But I have question - Why do you still use jumper wires if pcb already has them as pcb traces on top side? Just fill those holes with solder....

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    i finished my igsl musketeer board this seconds (my wife is not at home)

    only need a coil, my new coil winder is warming up

    congratulation fisherman

    i hope at saturday i will be the second german who has a running original ivconic detector





    hope my wiring is right
    I thought i was good at making PCBs thats very pro, how did you make it? or is it a trade secret

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    That's great. And don't worry about depth measurements until you get away from your "mains chatter" -- that EMI really cuts depth with TGSL type designs. You would think it should just add noise, but the special "pulse-width filter" just before the audio stage causes choppy signals to be ignored (so it seems).

    -SB
    he needs to get out in the garden and do real time tests, air tests mean a good start but nothing else
    Dave

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X