Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Ahh....now I understand better.....thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Selim,

    you did great, it looks good and easily adapted to most enclosures......thanks.

    (I must admit I never realized that we had so many "Pots"....I only counted P1 to P4....the rest are usually "set and forget", or at least I was hoping for that.......can you elaborate for me please?)

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiltran View Post
    I built the IGSL, and I tried to duplicate the musketeer coil. I used Ivconics original coil form, and get 1.01 mh for transmit coil, and 14.73 mh for receive coil. I got it to work, the discrminate works two tone... but the depth is terrible! 4 inches for a quarter! Ive tried adjusting the Tr. transistor, and tank circuits with different caps. -but still no good. This thing acts like its running on 1/4 power. Has anybody duplicated the musketeer coil and got it to work good, if so please post the details. If I cant get this fixed , Im going back to the original TGSL coil & osc.circuit!
    It is usually up to coil. Must be that you missed to balance it good.
    What is happening if you try to balance it bit by bit and at the same time check air depths with coin? Is it improving or not?
    Would be best if you have some original Musketeer coil to check the rest of electronic.
    That's how you will clear up any doubts that there is something bad on pcb.
    Can you lend coil from somebody?
    At 2 IGSL's i made so far i hadn't depth problems. But in the past, making many TGSL's i had similar problems and in most of the cases it was only because of not so good nulled coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    GEB adjustments on front panel is excellent move!
    Usually i keep those as trimmers on pcb, but it is much better to have them on front panel.
    Because: adjusting GEB more frequently will provide much better performances, for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Selim; i can only say WOW!

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    nice selim

    which box did you use
    the front plate seems to be for a aluminium box?

    Leave a comment:


  • selim
    replied
    IGSL prototype front-panel

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiltran View Post
    I built the IGSL, and I tried to duplicate the musketeer coil. I used Ivconics original coil form, and get 1.01 mh for transmit coil, and 14.73 mh for receive coil. I got it to work, the discrminate works two tone... but the depth is terrible! 4 inches for a quarter! Ive tried adjusting the Tr. transistor, and tank circuits with different caps. -but still no good. This thing acts like its running on 1/4 power. Has anybody duplicated the musketeer coil and got it to work good, if so please post the details. If I cant get this fixed , Im going back to the original TGSL coil & osc.circuit!
    What is the p-p voltage of the TX coil oscillations?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    IGSL with musketeer coil

    I built the IGSL, and I tried to duplicate the musketeer coil. I used Ivconics original coil form, and get 1.01 mh for transmit coil, and 14.73 mh for receive coil. I got it to work, the discrminate works two tone... but the depth is terrible! 4 inches for a quarter! Ive tried adjusting the Tr. transistor, and tank circuits with different caps. -but still no good. This thing acts like its running on 1/4 power. Has anybody duplicated the musketeer coil and got it to work good, if so please post the details. If I cant get this fixed , Im going back to the original TGSL coil & osc.circuit!

    Leave a comment:


  • selim
    replied
    igsl rev.3 mc (remove lm7809)

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Kits will include switches and external pots
    Great!!

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Very good silverdog and thanks to Ivconic too.

    I hope i can get one IGSL kit for my homemade coil (Tesoro coil)

    Regards

    Nelson


    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Back from my summer holiday and IGSL boards are here

    As previously stated they are a pair of boards with a snap off groove between
    One board for each coil type

    They are in my shop now

    Kits will be added in a few days

    thanks again to Ivconic

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Brilliant.

    I will wait for a kit.

    Will it include any "off-Board" parts like switches and pots, or do I need to order all "off-Board" parts separately from you? (2nd kit?)

    Thanks for your news, time and trouble. It saves us all time and trouble finding the different parts and I am sure that your parts will fit and are of good quality.

    I hope you get sold out repeatedly......

    regards

    Andy
    Kits will include switches and external pots

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Back from my summer holiday and IGSL boards are here

    As previously stated they are a pair of boards with a snap off groove between
    One board for each coil type

    They are in my shop now

    Kits will be added in a few days

    thanks again to Ivconic

    Silverdog
    Splendid pcb's ! Very nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    i was a step before ordering last night
    but i will wait for a kit (two board plate and components for at least build one of them completly)
    it would take too long if i collect all single parts at local shops and web
    but when the kit is in stock i take it sure and some extra pcb then you have to go to postal office only once

    good job andy

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X