Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by antuan30 View Post
    help
    IGLS finished assembling my kit silverdog musketeer in air tests can not get good distance between 10 to 15cm, I need advice on where to look for problems to improve
    thanks
    Coil and capacitors at TX and RX.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by growdude View Post
    I've got my second igsl assembled but when I turn it on its like constant newsreel like battery check stuck any suggestions where I should start.?
    Start with checking negative voltage.

    Leave a comment:


  • growdude
    replied
    Igsl problem

    I've got my second igsl assembled but when I turn it on its like constant newsreel like battery check stuck any suggestions where I should start.?

    Leave a comment:


  • antuan30
    replied
    A little help

    help
    IGLS finished assembling my kit silverdog musketeer in air tests can not get good distance between 10 to 15cm, I need advice on where to look for problems to improve
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    Ok, ground balance pot in external is better choice, but threshold pot if it be like other teasoro metal detector, the ground balance will be adjusted in all metal and barely audible threshold.

    Threshold pot in or out the box, this is the question
    I always mount the threshold outside the housing with any project , because keep in mind one site varys from the next depending on whats going on around you, a must I would say,of course only my opinion.
    Just remember to mark all your knobs otherwise you will get confused.com

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    External groundbalance is a good idea although your only adjusting between 12 and 10 past the hour in clock dial terms, but does make all the difference.

    Regards
    Ok, ground balance pot in external is better choice, but threshold pot if it be like other teasoro metal detector, the ground balance will be adjusted in all metal and barely audible threshold.

    Threshold pot in or out the box, this is the question

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    External groundbalance is a good idea although your only adjusting between 12 and 10 past the hour in clock dial terms, but does make all the difference.

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    Originally posted by detecto View Post
    IGSL alredy have a lot of potentiometers, you don't need two more external, if you have some large control box you can easily doo that, there is no diference between pots and trimers...

    If I use the trimmer, adjustment is fixed. If using external potentiometer can always adjust the best. example: silver saber and vaquero, the first has internal trimmer to adjust ground and threshold. vaquero has external adjustments and works better in mineralized soil.
    Do not know if my concept explained well.
    Sorry for my english

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    Help !!
    This is the question: if I replace threshold trimmer with pot. outside box, I can adjust as other tesoro metal detector ?
    If I do this, will set ground balance in all metal with threshold barely audible?
    thanks


    IGSL alredy have a lot of potentiometers, you don't need two more external, if you have some large control box you can easily doo that, there is no diference between pots and trimers...

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    Help !!
    This is the question: if I replace threshold trimmer with pot. outside box, I can adjust as other tesoro metal detector ?
    If I do this, will set ground balance in all metal with threshold barely audible?
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • wallker
    replied
    Originally posted by growdude View Post
    Well I finished my igsl here is a picture if anyone sees anything wrong please let me know I am an amateur.
    For first time on, I always use regulated power supply in series with amperemeter and gradually increasing voltage while observing amperemeter. With this setup you could easily see if something is wrong.
    Don't make any replacement for now, later if your IGSL is instable than make change: R 31,45,50,64 to 470Kohm's and C 16,24,29,37 to 22nF.
    Regards Marko.

    Leave a comment:


  • growdude
    replied
    Being new to this went with silverdogs kit and used the parts he supplied. I thought this might be best just to get it going before doing any mods.ill probably start another one after this one and do updates to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • antuan30
    replied
    growdude
    I think there were some modifications IGSL (R31 = 470K and C16 45,50,64, 24,29,37 = 22nF) any partner who claims this or am I wrong

    Leave a comment:


  • growdude
    replied
    Finished my igsl board

    Well I finished my igsl here is a picture if anyone sees anything wrong please let me know I am an amateur.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Don't worry, I am very friendly with LTspice, and I have models already. I notified you just to be aware that the model is missing in a set. Nothing else.

    I myself tend to avoid adding models into LTspice library and instead put them in a working folder. This approach yields more portable projects, and as I play on several computers it makes sense.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X