Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    little coil mod problem

    hello all

    i have a little problem
    i build the musketeer version and changed following parts
    c4 220nf mks
    c43 47nf mks prallel gives 267nf

    c1 680nf mkt
    c2 680nf elko 50v in serie give 340nf

    coil is excelerator 2 with rx 0,71mH and tx 0,38mH (if right measured?)

    but dont work

    i calculated the frequencies of
    tx 14.001 kHz (ideal would be 1,2 *f rx 13.870 kHz but cant find better caps)
    rx 11.559 kHz

    it should work or is there any failure in my thoughts a is this a wrong elko, maybe a 50v elko is to much ?

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    re

    Thank you very much, I have a vaquero with 9x8 and 10x12 coils, I try to build IGSL.
    I wil buy kit musketeer on silverdog site

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by anz29 View Post
    Is possible build IGSL with tesoro Vquero/Tejon coils?
    I confirmed value of tx and rx found on this forum.
    Please confirm.
    The two internal trimmer for ground balance, I could replace them with potentiometers and pumping for balance in the field?
    Sorry for my language, I need English lessons
    Yes IGSL Musketeer version works with Tesoro 4 pin coil.
    I put my vaquero coil on and it works, I'll do a video shortly
    It works with Rx 15nf, but 14.7nF is better, I haven't exactly worked out exact value yet for best performance

    GB trimmers can be replaced with external pots if you wish

    Leave a comment:


  • anz29
    replied
    is possible or not possible? this is the problem

    Is possible build IGSL with tesoro Vquero/Tejon coils?
    I confirmed value of tx and rx found on this forum.
    Please confirm.
    The two internal trimmer for ground balance, I could replace them with potentiometers and pumping for balance in the field?
    Sorry for my language, I need English lessons

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello is it necessary that c2 is an elko
    or can i use mks2 or other in that place
    (cant find the right as an elko only as mks2 or tantalum)

    if all goes right my igsl works the next days with a 13inch excelerator2 coil

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    tx and rx caps

    hello

    just want to ask for sure
    which caps inluence the frequency of tx and rx?

    at tx i found c1 330nf and c2 220nf in row makes 132nf (c is c1*c2 divided trough c1+c2) 132nf and coil 1mH makes 13.852kHz

    at rx c4 10nf and c43 4,7nf parallel (14,7nf) (with normal coil 14,7mH it gaves 10.826kHz)

    did i miss some others

    and what makes c42 (spare part - nothing build in there)?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello Qiaozhi

    wrong formula was no leg break everyone should use his own brain and double check all infos he got and i have seen it while reading the bases of L and C an f
    on wikipedia but you gave the right direction and a good start point got my own calculation see above i find the result for my capacitor

    thx again
    Glad you got it sorted in the end.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Sorry folks ... that was (of course) a typo. You can see that from the actual calculation.
    What I meant to say was:

    where

    I was so busy trying to remember how to use Latex, that I cocked up the formula (doh!).
    hello Qiaozhi

    wrong formula was no leg break everyone should use his own brain and double check all infos he got and i have seen it while reading the bases of L and C an f
    on wikipedia but you gave the right direction and a good start point got my own calculation see above i find the result for my capacitor

    thx again

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Don Bower's TGSL 101

    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    All I was just reading about a tesoro compadre... I was wondoering if the following was possible on the IGSL?
    "Tesoro compadre is very easy to operate, great fun, super little coinshooter, It can reject unwanted targets such as foil and ring pulls"
    Im not skilled at setting up the IGSL.....I hear Iron and Foil all the time.. Is there a quick numpty guide to reject ally?
    Steve
    Have you downloaded and read Don Bower's TGSL 101? Its supposed to help us set up a TGSL, which is half of an IGSL......

    See this page:-

    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.


    Post #819

    regards

    Andy

    PS. I am still "fighting" my IGSL, I think I discovered an error last night on my machine that only the non-rferrous channel is working correctly (no wonder I am having problems!!)

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    descrimination

    All I was just reading about a tesoro compadre... I was wondoering if the following was possible on the IGSL?

    "Tesoro compadre is very easy to operate, great fun, super little coinshooter, It can reject unwanted targets such as foil and ring pulls"


    Im not skilled at setting up the IGSL.....I hear Iron and Foil all the time.. Is there a quick numpty guide to reject ally?



    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    no, NO Mr. Q.

    Ahem. I never did finish EE school but I did learn this:



    (= angular velocity, er, radians per second)

    oi?

    You were probably multi-tasking and didn't take time to double check this basic formula. Ain't Latex a bear?
    Sorry folks ... that was (of course) a typo. You can see that from the actual calculation.
    What I meant to say was:

    where

    I was so busy trying to remember how to use Latex, that I cocked up the formula (doh!).

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Try using this formula:


    where
    no, NO Mr. Q.

    Ahem. I never did finish EE school but I did learn this:



    (= angular velocity, er, radians per second)

    oi?

    You were probably multi-tasking and didn't take time to double check this basic formula. Ain't Latex a bear?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    for RX stage

    w=2*pi*f

    2*3,14159*14000=87964,594300514210676954014731826

    c =1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    87964,594300514210676954014731826²*0,0071 (Henry)

    result 1,8202282200764905763847273499879e-7

    0,00000018202282200764905763847273499879 Farad

    Nanofarad
    182,02


    for TX then 236,18 nF (RX140000Hz*1,2 for TX are 168000Hz)

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    thx Qiaozhi

    peoples like you help me to learn something
    my old formula book from physics in german gymnasium (engl. college)
    was to far away and off my brain
    in shool times 12years ago i could calculate such thinks

    but think w=2*pi*f - 2*3,14159*14000=87964,594300514210676954014731826

    c =1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    87964,594300514210676954014731826²*0,0071 (Henry)

    result 1,8202282200764905763847273499879e-7

    0,00000018202282200764905763847273499879 Farad

    Nanofarad
    182,02

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello Qiaozhi

    thx but im not a scientist

    C is capacitance? (Farad nanofarad?)
    w is Frequency? (in HZ or kHz)

    L i know but in mH or H

    f is what?


    can you explain formula please?
    The formula uses SI units:
    C is capacitance in Farads
    L is inductance in Henries
    F is frequency in Hertz (cycles per second)
    is angular frequency in radians per second.
    = 3.14159

    For example:
    If L = 0.71mH and F=14kHz, then





    Hence, C = 182nF

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X