Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golfnut
    replied
    pics

    so far,
    http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/IMG_3716.jpg
    http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/IMG_3717.jpg
    steve

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    sure, cant find the lead for camera charger - will do when I can.

    steve

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Hi, I made a pipe last night.

    I used 120mm wide woven glass fiber - 2M.

    Fold cloth, soak in poyester resin, spiral wrap on former - 85% overlap.

    Solid, no waggle - relatively light and no metal. Plus I had the bits lying around.


    I epoxied it and rivetted it to my main tube/handle - which is an aluminium crutch.

    Need to cover the coils -- -- -- they will be wrapped in glass too.


    Steve
    That's called making it from scratch! Any photos?

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Glass fibre pipe

    Hi, I made a pipe last night.

    I used 120mm wide woven glass fiber - 2M.

    Fold cloth, soak in poyester resin, spiral wrap on former - 85% overlap.

    Solid, no waggle - relatively light and no metal. Plus I had the bits lying around.


    I epoxied it and rivetted it to my main tube/handle - which is an aluminium crutch.

    Need to cover the coils -- -- -- they will be wrapped in glass too.


    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I know -- I thought that "Guru" title was supposed to give me super powers...
    That comes when you pour cream and sugar on the pcb's and have them for breakfast

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    You mean you don't already??????? WOW
    I know -- I thought that "Guru" title was supposed to give me super powers...

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    If I were as smart as those guys, I could probably design pcb's in my head...
    You mean you don't already??????? WOW

    DUHHHHHHH!!!!

    regards
    Andy
    PS Just having some fun, don't take me too seriously.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzysztof
    replied
    Hi!
    I use a 50mm diameter pipe used for the installation of central vacuum cleaner. I use to position the magnetometer sensors - there is a need of good stability of the axles - I'm happy. This is the best at what I found after several years of searching.
    Best regards Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Hi All,

    this post may not be in the best place, apologies if true, but I know you Guys best, so I post here first.

    I stumbled across some open source (free) software that you use to design a "Breadboard" layout, and I know many of you, like myself, test things out on a breadboard first.

    Now the following is where things change, once your breadboard circuit is working correctly, the software will design an Eagle compatible PCB layout from the breadboard (I knew I could get you Guys more interested in Eagle one way or another!).

    Also there is a company that then produces PCBs cheaply from the designs, a one off if needed and charges very little as they wait till they have enough orders to fill a full PCB sheet(s).....

    Now I haven't tried it yet, that is all read from the multi language web site!! Here:-



    Download and have fun (I hope!). Lets compare notes at a later date.

    Regards

    Andy

    fritzing looks interesting -- thanks!

    If I were as smart as those guys, I could probably design pcb's in my head...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Hi, I was measuring at the output of the U1a Op amp of the receive front end - I would expect no loading of the tuned cct

    Steve
    It's not the loading -- it's the fact that you are combining the LRC filter with the voltmeter "filter" to make combined filter that you are actually measuring rather than just the LRC filter. However, if your voltmeter "filter" has a very gradual fall-off compared to the LRC filter you are measuring, the peak-frequency error should be negligible I'd think. The best solution is a meter with flat frequency response in the range you are testing.

    No big deal, these comments are mostly brain-lint I like to pick at from time to time.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I tried that too!
    I had no success.
    I filled pipe with "styrofoam" (not sure about name, here we call it "purpen"), yet it still deflects, maybe a bit less, but still annoying much!
    Styrofoam is not builders foam.
    Builders foam comes in cans and is liquid, also is also used to glue door and window frames to the brickwork.....
    Just using normal styrofoam alone would not help much I would think, though I have never tried it.
    best regards
    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied


    the stem stiff enough to make more stiff cut a second pipe lenght press it a little bit and stick in the one with the same diameter

    the pro of this stem NO metal parts very cheap

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I just downloaded : http://fritzing.org/

    Good news is; there is Linux version too!
    Qiaozhi go for it!

    I will install it and try it now...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Exactly right Ivconic,

    I will try and get there sometime in the next couple of weeks....

    Some tubing can be made stiffer by placing a drop or two of builders foam in it......once it expands it weighs nothing, but the tube gets really stiff.

    Regards

    Andy
    I tried that too!
    I had no success.
    I filled pipe with "styrofoam" (not sure about name, here we call it "purpen"), yet it still deflects, maybe a bit less, but still annoying much!

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Nice! You do that and test it (against deflection) good.
    If it shows as good solution, than just inform me on it's exact model, type, manufacturer etc.
    Because most probably it is available here too - only i don't know what to ask at local suppliers.
    And usually it is like that; much of materials already are available - i only need to "discover" it at some local supplier.
    Need exact "name", model, type, manufacturers specs etc..etc..
    ...
    How to test it against deflection, to suit our needs?
    Simply; take piece of pipe, 40-50cm long and on one end somehow attach 500gr weight and swing left and right.
    If it deflects much - no good.
    If it's not deflecting at all - SPLENDID!

    Write down manufacturers specs and inform us here. Usually specs are already printed on pipe surface.

    Exactly right Ivconic,

    I will try and get there sometime in the next couple of weeks....

    Some tubing can be made stiffer by placing a drop or two of builders foam in it......once it expands it weighs nothing, but the tube gets really stiff.

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X