At one point I got complete cancellation of Tx, but the moment I glued it - it was gone. I guess capacitances take care you have some residual signal to play with.
Both coils are unshielded, and Rx coil is bifilar wound with center tap hooked to ground. I did not notice any static related coupling, so I guess it is going to be OK this way.
Anyway, it took me several hours until I finally figured that the complete cancellation is not going to happen again, and I simply fixed things as they were after confirming a minimum with a wire curl. I was able to see amplitude changing when I waved some tools at hand, so I guess it will do. I left a small portion pliable so that I can optimise - or not - when everything else works.
I'll make another coil in a few days - just for the fun of it. If this bifilar thing works as I wish, I'll do another coil the same way. It is quite simple to form a coil this way, and gradually fix it as you go.
Things are looking up

Leave a comment: