Coil pin out for minelab coil?
Can someone please post coil pin out for minelab coil for igsl
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IGSL
Collapse
X
-
I got tempted to give this project a go.
Every hint on how to get a PCB in the least painful way in Croatia is greatly appreciated.
Leave a comment:
-
Very nice, can u post some information about coil (windings, ID, OD, wire...)Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
Regards Marko.
Leave a comment:
-
As Andy, {Silverdog} says,... you must make the links for the tones you require,.......I personally have the ferrite channel linked to a LOW tone, and non ferrite linked to HIGH tone,....Originally posted by silverdog View Postyou must connect wires for your choice of tones
but you must link the diodes to the tone generator chip in the mode that you wish,....... as long as you DO link them!!


Cheers, Fred
Leave a comment:
-
you must connect wires for your choice of tonesAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
I see some empty not connected pads on my board and noticed on one of the Geotech pictures that some jumper wires have been used. Just want to double check whether jumper wires need to be added to my board?Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Its nice not to be alone!!! He was quoting me.....Originally posted by Dr Vel View PostNot as much as it's killing me, as I still have not learned enough to completely comprehend all circuit functions as well as so many here. All I really need minimum is the alignment procedure for TR1,2,4, and 5. I would be so happy if someone would write it up and place it in the TGSL complete details post at the top of the section. Not to mention I am still curious if a 10 turn pot would be an improvement and for which controls, only the GB or also the Disc? I am seriously thinking about combining this board with the VDI project. Since I do not like adding variables when I am lost to start with, I really need to get the basic board working properly first. I had nearly completed my hand wired board based on a differential front end design Iconovic has in another thread. I have modified it using a 79L05 in place of the usual circuit everyone uses, now my 5 volt rails are only 0.01 volt apart. I also added a meter circuit, volume control, and a dip switch X8 with diodes off the 4024 so I can select combination's which give tones I like better. On my first turning on of that circuit GB and Disc work perfectly. However I got my TGSL-IGSL off ebay while in the middle of that project and I like this TGSL board as it fits in a smaller box and only having one frame to use I decided to put my modified Iconovic project on hold until I can grab another BH Pioneer off ebay to rob for another chassis. Not sure the terminology you all use for the frame, IIRC stems or something like that? Anyway I wish to get this new project finished before I go back to my home built board if only I could understand how you set the other four trimmers. All I know for sure is TR3 adjust for best sine in TX signal as it was printed on the schematic. Without digressing too much further I have to say people should be looking into Iconovics diff front end ideas more as that circuit has the most reliable and stable GB I have yet encountered. Likely related to the common mode rejection a differential circuit provides.
"This is a TGSL Coil version it should also be noted."
Last question: I had a Tesoro coil so I chose this version also. My question is: what is the circuit differences between the two versions related to using one coil or the other? I am not yet familiar enough with this circuit to figure this out and there are so many pages in threads related to this design I am really lost trying to figure this out on my own to avoid bothering anyone here about it. There is just so many hours of reading to do on this board I doubt I'll ever cover it all.
I was "hit" for that post by several people including Ivconic........why, why why? Was it so much to ask?
I have recently bought a C.Scope as I am still "fighting" an IGSL.....and I want a worlking machine right now. It would be great to have a setup procedure for any and all!!
regards
Andy
Leave a comment:
-
Not as much as it's killing me, as I still have not learned enough to completely comprehend all circuit functions as well as so many here. All I really need minimum is the alignment procedure for TR1,2,4, and 5. I would be so happy if someone would write it up and place it in the TGSL complete details post at the top of the section. Not to mention I am still curious if a 10 turn pot would be an improvement and for which controls, only the GB or also the Disc? I am seriously thinking about combining this board with the VDI project. Since I do not like adding variables when I am lost to start with, I really need to get the basic board working properly first. I had nearly completed my hand wired board based on a differential front end design Iconovic has in another thread. I have modified it using a 79L05 in place of the usual circuit everyone uses, now my 5 volt rails are only 0.01 volt apart. I also added a meter circuit, volume control, and a dip switch X8 with diodes off the 4024 so I can select combination's which give tones I like better. On my first turning on of that circuit GB and Disc work perfectly. However I got my TGSL-IGSL off ebay while in the middle of that project and I like this TGSL board as it fits in a smaller box and only having one frame to use I decided to put my modified Iconovic project on hold until I can grab another BH Pioneer off ebay to rob for another chassis. Not sure the terminology you all use for the frame, IIRC stems or something like that? Anyway I wish to get this new project finished before I go back to my home built board if only I could understand how you set the other four trimmers. All I know for sure is TR3 adjust for best sine in TX signal as it was printed on the schematic. Without digressing too much further I have to say people should be looking into Iconovics diff front end ideas more as that circuit has the most reliable and stable GB I have yet encountered. Likely related to the common mode rejection a differential circuit provides.Originally posted by der_fisherman View PostMy main problem is that there is not a "setup procedure" available with Scope pictures anywhere from any of the IGSL experts......that is killing me!
Regards
Andy
"This is a TGSL Coil version it should also be noted."
Last question: I had a Tesoro coil so I chose this version also. My question is: what is the circuit differences between the two versions related to using one coil or the other? I am not yet familiar enough with this circuit to figure this out and there are so many pages in threads related to this design I am really lost trying to figure this out on my own to avoid bothering anyone here about it. There is just so many hours of reading to do on this board I doubt I'll ever cover it all.
Leave a comment:
-
treshold trimmer
Hi to all!!
I have a question:
Is possible replace the treshold trimmers with two pot in external, for supertuning operation?? The Vaquero have this possibility, in IGSL have the same function?
Sorry for my english
Leave a comment:
-
This way would be proper.Originally posted by growdude View PostHow to wire pots for ground balance for mounting in front panel instead of on board board .thanks very much for the help.I'm new to this and this is my first building but coming out very nicely I have had to ask some questions that may seem trivial for some on her but everyone has been very helpful.I will post pics when I'm done.
Regards
Detecto
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks detecto one more question
How to wire pots for ground balance for mounting in front panel instead of on board board .thanks very much for the help.I'm new to this and this is my first building but coming out very nicely I have had to ask some questions that may seem trivial for some on her but everyone has been very helpful.I will post pics when I'm done.
Leave a comment:
-
Pots, switch, and coils connection for igsl

Here you go, just folow drawings.
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Igsl coil wiring for minelab coil
Can some one give me coil wiring diagram from board to connector diagram also power switch wiring
Leave a comment:
-
I have yet to see evidence that the exact null phase affects where ground balance takes place -- there is some theory to say it's possible, but all my experiments seem to indicate the peculiarities of the "null phase" are due to an additional quadrature signal, maybe capacitively coupled, coming from the cable or possibly across the shields capacitively, which should not be affected much by ground. I cannot demonstrate that the null phase affects the DISC pot or the GB pot settings noticeably.Originally posted by golfnut View PostI would say dont buy an IGSL or TGSL until you have read Dons write up on this project.
Use this info to decide If this is what you want and can build.
I built mine months ago and only just got around to reading it.
Id say the nulling I did with a meter is not that good - the flaw then is poor GEB on Fe channel - on my IGSL. - Run out of adjust range -rejecting ferrite doesnt happen.
However, with the GEB, which side of the null balance you are on may have a significant effect on the overall operation, although how big that effect is I don't know. I know the TGSL will work on both sides of the null signal; dfbowers noted trouble with pot directionality in some case, need to review that.
Again, I think that relationship depends highly on your cable, shields, and other tuning, at least from what I see with experiments. Although it probably does mean your MD is built somehow different from the standard one, I wouldn't conclude it means it can't work well. But we'd need to explore deeper what's going on.
Plus the initial phase relationship of the Tx signal to the leaked Rx signal isnt within the
+/-20degree range. Need to check this around nulling time.
Not disagreeing with your basic assessment, just want to note that I've been trying to revisit the lore surrounding nulling, particularly with regards to the TGSL, and it is an ongoing process.
Cheers,
-SB
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: