Improvement
I just replaced LF351 with LM833 as i mentioned before, and i got improvement on sensitivity on Fe channel.
Also Disc. on this channel works better and both channels now have same amplification, which was my intension at first.
Picture in attachment shows connected LM833 without changing anything on PCB.
Regards Marko.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IGSL
Collapse
X
-
You are right about everything, except about linearity.Originally posted by simonbaker View PostAs Fred says, as long as there is no load on the wiper, the voltage should vary same as a 9.1K pot. Should be same linearity, etc. I think a 10K pot would do fine in the IGSL circuit.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
As Fred says, as long as there is no load on the wiper, the voltage should vary same as a 9.1K pot. Should be same linearity, etc. I think a 10K pot would do fine in the IGSL circuit.Originally posted by wallker View PostThere is difference, look on picture. If you want to make sure yourself measure resistance with ohm meter.
Also you will get different output steps on middle pin of pot (I have had experience with this in practice).

Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, I was thinking why not just use a 10K pot in the IGSL circuits. (Main reason would be if you only have 100K pots handy I guess!) I like to get rid of any unnecessary parts on the board if possible.Originally posted by Comp View PostTheoretically, there is a difference,.. total resistance will drop to (approx) 9 Kohms,.......
I find it hard to believe it will have any practical difference, {unless the wiper/slider connection was having to supply any appreciable level of current, which would be limited by the higher resistance of the track to wiper section,.....) As most feeds of this type are to high impedance FET or OPAMP inputs, I doubt if, in practice, you will notice any problems,........ but,maybe, buy a 10K pot???? Cheap enough from Silverdog!!

Cheers, Fred
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Theoretically, there is a difference,.. total resistance will drop to (approx) 9 Kohms,.......Originally posted by simonbaker View PostIs there any important difference between the two pot configurations shown?
-SB
I find it hard to believe it will have any practical difference, {unless the wiper/slider connection was having to supply any appreciable level of current, which would be limited by the higher resistance of the track to wiper section,.....) As most feeds of this type are to high impedance FET or OPAMP inputs, I doubt if, in practice, you will notice any problems,........ but,maybe, buy a 10K pot???? Cheap enough from Silverdog!!

Cheers, Fred
Leave a comment:
-
There is difference, look on picture. If you want to make sure yourself measure resistance with ohm meter.Originally posted by simonbaker View PostIs there any important difference between the two pot configurations shown?
-SB
Also you will get different output steps on middle pin of pot (I have had experience with this in practice).
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Take a look on both datasheets : http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/snosbh2/snosbh2.pdf http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm833-n.pdfOriginally posted by simonbaker View PostWould you tell us what the differences are between the LM833 and the LF351 that you think are important?
Regards,
-SB
(attached picture easier for me to see)
Also i did notice slightly different sensitivity of ferrous channel (more sensitivity on non-ferrous channel) which I think is caused with LF351 (other parts are the same for both channels).
Marko.
Leave a comment:
-
pot circuit question
Is there any important difference between the two pot configurations shown?
-SBAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Would you tell us what the differences are between the LM833 and the LF351 that you think are important?Originally posted by wallker View PostHi guys,I looked at datasheets for LM833 and LF351 (U12) and noticed some differences, so i think that is better to use one more LM833 instead LF351. Of course pins have to be connected properly, take a look on a picture below. I planing to do this tomorrow so i would like the hear some opinions about this.
Marko.
Regards,
-SB
(attached picture easier for me to see)Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Hi guys,I looked at datasheets for LM833 and LF351 (U12) and noticed some differences, so i think that is better to use one more LM833 instead LF351. Of course pins have to be connected properly, take a look on a picture below. I planing to do this tomorrow so i would like the hear some opinions about this.
Marko.
Leave a comment:
-
Tell us what you are thinking -- what is your intuition?Originally posted by detecto View PostLast night i look a little in IGSL lowpass and highpass filters, and get some unexpected answers. This is just for one chanel for second is the same. I used this RC filter calculator http://www.ekswai.com/en_lowpass.htm
Opinion? Answer? Conclusion?
Regards
Detecto
I cannot easily think of those filters separately, but you have to think of the switch as a diode partly. When the switch is closed, all the filters combine; when opened, then just the combined filter on the left side is working.
Don't pay any attention to R29 - it goes to high impedance input and is essentially infinite. When the switch is open, the capacitor holds its charge steady.
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Last night i look a little in IGSL lowpass and highpass filters, and get some unexpected answers. This is just for one chanel for second is the same. I used this RC filter calculator http://www.ekswai.com/en_lowpass.htm
Opinion? Answer? Conclusion?
Regards
DetectoAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
hello marko
coil in video is an original 5pin tesoro model with 11 inch outer diameter
for tuning my detector i start with all pots and trimmer in middle postion
then i search the point when i get good results
that means good distance with low false signals
i think there is a better way but i gone my own
so go on and move forward step by step
you will be happy with that detector
regards bernd
Leave a comment:
-
Hi all, just finished IGSL for TGSL coil and working very fine, bravo Ivica.
Have just one question, in which position should be P1,P2,P3,P4 and both treshold trimers while adjusting GEB's ?
Regards Marko.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: