Originally posted by simonbaker
View Post
BTW - I originally tried Belken cable and still have some around. However, I wasn't getting good results with my prototypes; my impression was that all that shielding was affecting the null, or maybe it was acting like a target and making the configuration very sensitive to cable vibration. But it must be good because Ivconic has good success with it. I also tried audio cables and had similar lackluster results. But these were early days when many things were iffy in my circuits and coils, so maybe should try again. All I know is my best results so far have involved USB cables (although the connectors seem very noisy if you tweak them).
You would also think that individually shielded pairs would help you get the best null, but my intuition gets fooled all the time in this business.
-SB

Simper, simper!

Leave a comment: