Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    This coil is a basketcoil for the Chance-Detector. I have wrapped it to thick but it work´s well. The cable is inside the shaft. The green parts are from the Swiffer, the Black are a fishing rod.
    The Coil is wounded on a acrylic glass wich have a hole in the middle. This is fixed with a screw for fixing Toilet seat´s.
    There should be an award for that. Maybe I can win next year.

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    This coil is a basketcoil for the Chance-Detector. I have wrapped it to thick but it work´s well. The cable is inside the shaft. The green parts are from the Swiffer, the Black are a fishing rod.
    The Coil is wounded on a acrylic glass wich have a hole in the middle. This is fixed with a screw for fixing Toilet seat´s.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Yes, Henrys and Farads and frequency in Hz are the units.


    I believe the two caps in the oscillator are combined in parallel, so both do affect the oscillator frequency. I think the oscillator frequency is approximately equal to:

    1 / (2 * pi * sqrt(L * C))

    where L is inductance of TX coil and C
    is C1 || C2 == C1 * C2 / (C1 + C2). Wrong!!!! that is for combining in series.

    C1 || C2 == C1 + C2 aaaah.... correct.
    corrected.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I totally apologize -- I posted wrong formula for combining capacitors in parallel previously -- I put the formula for series by mistake.

    Caps in parallel simply have their values added. So using correct formulas:


    RX tank:

    Coil: 6.5 mH

    Caps (in parallel): 103 + 472 == 10 * 1000 pF + 47 * 100 pF == 10000 + 4700 == 14700 pF

    == 14.7 nF

    So using resonance formula:

    1 / (2 * pi * sqrt(6.5 * E-3 H * 14.7 * E-9 F))

    = 16282 Hz.

    Qiaozhi, can we "deprecate" my previous post with extreme prejudice?

    Regards

    -SB
    had the same thoughts ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Its good to know that Ivconic and Silverdog were using the same schematic, though that would not have been a "big deal" to change either if needed, we should be flexible enough for that.

    I did some coil frequency calculations last night and although the transmit appears to be about right, I calculated 13.429 KHz, the Rx resonance was far, far lower at 9.xx KHz, I forget what it was exactly, that does not seem to be the "1.1" difference we talked about.

    I checked with each of the Rx caps seperately and together....it did not make a significant difference.....always 9.x something KHz.

    Of course I may have made an error with my calculations/calculator......I am not perfect, but can anyone help me here.....? Thanks in advance.

    Maybe that IS the best resonant frequency, only Ivconic can say for certain....I do remember him posting something about this (I think!), but could not find it.....

    I feel that it would be great to have a method to tune the coils to each other for maximum sensitivity....after nulling of course....maybe even to allow even coils that may not be perfect in value (I hope to hell I know what the hell I am talking about here!!).

    What do you Guys think? Am I asking the impossible? Is it a stupid question (or two)?

    I have only seen setups for almost perfect coils (one of mine is slightly off in impedance when it was finished), but something inside me tells me that "tuning" should be an answer. I did like the idea of a socket for tuning that Ivconic recently mentioned, I will do that....

    Regards

    Andy


    Maybe this can be of any help ( online calculator):




    kind regards ,

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Sorry - mistake - Qiaozhi help!

    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Use the "correct values, you will see the problems I am talking abozut, it simply is not TGSL frequencies......
    I totally apologize -- I posted wrong formula for combining capacitors in parallel previously -- I put the formula for series by mistake.

    Caps in parallel simply have their values added. So using correct formulas:


    RX tank:

    Coil: 6.5 mH

    Caps (in parallel): 103 + 472 == 10 * 1000 pF + 47 * 100 pF == 10000 + 4700 == 14700 pF

    == 14.7 nF

    So using resonance formula:

    1 / (2 * pi * sqrt(6.5 * E-3 H * 14.7 * E-9 F))

    = 16282 Hz.

    Qiaozhi, can we "deprecate" my previous post with extreme prejudice?

    Regards

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Amalio
    replied
    Hello

    Silverdog kit received.

    Pcb good quality, value check today, tomorrow you start welding.

    351 lf not, but not problem ...

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    Here is my MD-Shaft make from a Swiffer
    Now we're talking!

    That's what we mean by "got character"...

    How does it perform? Can the coil double as a beret for special occasions?

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    I may not be alone, but I may be alone needing an MD shaft for example.......thats what I meant......
    Here is my MD-Shaft make from a Swiffer
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I like it -- makes perfect sense, maybe we'll finally get the respect we deserve while MDing... just wear bright orange so you don't get shot at by real hunters...
    ....and a aluminium foil hat?

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    What is your RX coil inductance and values of capacitors?

    And TX coil inductance and oscillator caps too?

    -SB
    Use the "correct values, you will see the problems I am talking abozut, it simply is not TGSL frequencies......

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    sure not andy we know us from other german forum you are not alone
    and there are other member from germany too forexample user compadre - his tgsl is running know but i think he will work on in diy projects here

    if have nothing against to build a buying group but problem is whom you can trust
    for a known user here it is no problem but often there are single posting users here which take a project out a gave nothing back
    for such people a pay atttention they have no community thinking

    but thats a theme a new thread

    at the buy sell thread i asked user georgi for full list of his parts if i order something i had no problem to order some parts more i gave them away for replacement of my costs some times you will have also a minimum quantity for an order in such cases it would be possible to

    greetings
    I may not be alone, but I may be alone needing an MD shaft for example.......thats what I meant......

    Leave a comment:


  • petravka
    replied
    IGSL with Musketeer coils

    Hello everyone.
    In next few days i will have pcb's like this. I had to make my own beacuse don't have conditions for PayPal ( to order from Silverdog)...pitty...


    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I like it -- makes perfect sense, maybe we'll finally get the respect we deserve while MDing... just wear bright orange so you don't get shot at by real hunters...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    How about adding this to IGSL:




    Leave a comment:

Working...
X