Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by cnckecgo View Post
    slm ıgsl musketer versiyonunu yaptım fakat bobin ölçülerini bilmiyorum ben 22 cm bobin sarmak istiyorum rx ve tx kaç tur sarılacak bunun için sizden yardım istiyorum birde devrede değişiklik yapılacak başka yer varmı devrenin daha iyi olması için bunu öğrenmek istiyorum arkadaşlar yardım bekliyorum lütfen bobin hakkında yardım edin rx tx kaçtur sarılacak 22 cm e
    Please make your posts in English, or include an English translation.

    Leave a comment:


  • cnckecgo
    replied
    slm ıgsl musketer versiyonunu yaptım fakat bobin ölçülerini bilmiyorum ben 22 cm bobin sarmak istiyorum rx ve tx kaç tur sarılacak bunun için sizden yardım istiyorum birde devrede değişiklik yapılacak başka yer varmı devrenin daha iyi olması için bunu öğrenmek istiyorum arkadaşlar yardım bekliyorum lütfen bobin hakkında yardım edin rx tx kaçtur sarılacak 22 cm e

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    You managed to delete the closing square bracket.
    Ahh thats lack of sleep

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    dont know what happned there i ment to put my post to this one
    You managed to delete the closing square bracket.

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    [quote=hugo;138304]@ bernte_one :
    My Minelab Slimline FSB seems to be compatible with the following detectors :
    - E-Trac
    - Safari
    - Explorer SE
    - Explorer SE Pro
    - Explorer II
    - Explorer II XS
    - Explorer S
    - Quattro MP
    So your Explorer coil may works with the IGSL (with Minelab oscillator).
    As I said into my previous post, you'll have to adjust the TX and RX caps to set the good frequency and the good initial phase shift (20°).
    To do this, measure TX and RX inductances and use Qiaozhi coil calculator.
    Good luck,
    Keep us in touch ...[/quote
    dont know what happned there i ment to put my post to this one

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    sorry for my previous "no " but i thought i couldnt work with such low inductance
    the means that i could save a lot of wire by changing caps when making diy coils

    many thanks you are pro
    I got the Quattro, thats handy then, anybody know if my whites DFX coil will work?cause i got a spare

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    That is great news Steve! Getting out in the field is the final proof as to how well any detector performs. Now you need to spend some time with it to learn all of nuances of the machine. You will be teaching us before long.

    I really envy your location with all that old world stuff to be found. We do not have that rich history in this country at least as far as someone with a metal detector would be interested in

    Glad to hear your report and thanks for posting it.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Hi Jerry and Andy, yes my IGSL is a lot of fun, that was part of the deal when I set out on this project.

    My eldest daughter was led into this stuff thru her school project - I got interested in a kit - now I dont see a way out of the hobby as I fear Im on the hook, it is under my skin.

    My challenge now is to find a roman coin or something similar.

    I live near a roman road and need to get out more and see what Ivconics baby can do.

    I recently had a clear 'High frequency audio tone, (Andy) indicating a 'non-ferrous' target - I dug to the end of a small border spade ~ 8" and it got more tuff going the deeper I got in a clay soil - ultimately I left it in there, and filled the hole and moved on.

    Now all I can think of is 'what was that', a good, old, coin is my bet and Im kicking myself I didnt work harder to rule out the validity of the target - a sore lesson learned as I will never find it again in the massive field I was in.

    You can really hear the differences in the targets with practise, and judge the depth sometimes too.

    UK, shotgun cases are abundant in arable fields, beaches have balls of ally foil

    Steve

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    You persist in not understanding fully, completely your prerogative.
    But why did you jump in unasked in the first place? Just to make trouble? There you have completely failed as well!!
    I have wasted enough time/energy on this already...... Omly a Bible saying comes to mind about "Pearls"....if you need the full text I can post it for you......
    G'day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Please re-read all posts relevant to this, best to start with post #853 and then you may understand fully, but you are not at this moment showing a full grasp of what I, or any one else are talking about here.
    I had hoped to end this last night. I have said quite clearly that I have read ALL of the posts relative TGSL and IGSL on these forums. That is one part you do not understand, I HAVE read ALL of it from the start.

    The original post #853 that you jumped in on with your standards advice was Ivconic's response to Golfnut's request for help on Ground Balancing in post #850. I thought Ivconic's response was clear, concise and to the point. I understood it the first time and moved on. Apparently you did not and still do not.

    BTW: The guy that asked the question about ground balance in #850 has completed his IGSL and had a very successful hunt with it so I think he understood it too.

    With that, this really is the end of it. I am not going to respond further on this subject.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Andy,

    I have read not only the related posts but every, repeat every post that has been made on these forums about TGSL, IGSL and all their variations. In many case I have printed them and out put them in a loose leaf binder for future reference.

    Rereading what I said in my post, I am puzzled as to why you took offense to it. I was trying to make a point about standards which I feel I am entitled to do. Apparently I did not succeed.

    Did not mean to offend and I am not going to get into a long debate about it. This is the end of it for me.

    Jerry
    Please re-read all posts relevant to this, best to start with post #853 and then you may understand fully, but you are not at this moment showing a full grasp of what I, or any one else are talking about here.

    If its important for you to understand fully before making a comment (which I seriously doubt at this time), tell me and I will take all the relevant comments and place them in one private post for just you.
    Then it should be REALLY easy to understand.....

    But only if you wish/need that will I do it as I have better things to do with my time....just let me know either way.....

    I can honestly say that if I accidentally make a comment (it can happen to anyone who is active on such interesting blogs as the ones on Geotech!) that demonstrates a misunderstanding on my part, I take the time to apologize to the person I offended. Its really a small thing to do.

    But it seems that I am the only one here who sees any need to do that. Sad really..... Simple manners.

    Have a great day anyway.......I am cool in spite of the aggravation, I trust you are too....

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Please read the several related previous posts, then the comments I made make sense especially when someone else says "adjust trimmer x for the high tone and trimmer y for the low tone", when there is no standard set, its a free choice, we all know at least that......as there are many different ways to pick your tones!!!!
    Do you now understand? Those instructions simply only work when you both use the same/similar tones, that is both use a higher tone for one channel and a lower for the other......

    It amazes me just how many feel free to criticize, but without first reading and understanding the problem they are talking about....
    You are not alone!
    Have a great day anyway.......


    Andy,

    I have read not only the related posts but every, repeat every post that has been made on these forums about TGSL, IGSL and all their variations. In many case I have printed them and out put them in a loose leaf binder for future reference.

    Rereading what I said in my post, I am puzzled as to why you took offense to it. I was trying to make a point about standards which I feel I am entitled to do. Apparently I did not succeed.

    Did not mean to offend and I am not going to get into a long debate about it. This is the end of it for me.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    There is quite a difference of opinion as to what people think makes a good high tone and/or a low tone. The whole point is to experiment and find out what it is that works best for you. You are the one that sets your standards.

    Jerry
    Please read the several related previous posts, then the comments I made make sense especially when someone else says "adjust trimmer x for the high tone and trimmer y for the low tone", when there is no standard set, its a free choice, we all know at least that......as there are many different ways to pick your tones!!!!
    Do you now understand? Those instructions simply only work when you both use the same/similar tones, that is both use a higher tone for one channel and a lower for the other......

    It amazes me just how many feel free to criticize, but without first reading and understanding the problem they are talking about....
    You are not alone!
    Have a great day anyway.......

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    What I was pointing out was somebody saying "do this for the low note and that for the high note" is totally useless unless someone has said, "as a standard we will use this pin for D1 and that pin for D2", so that we all start talking the same language.....
    But that was unacceptable or too simple it would seem.....
    I had asked for a standard to be made/set before.....some weeks ago.
    Have a great day anyway.....

    There is quite a difference of opinion as to what people think makes a good high tone and/or a low tone. The whole point is to experiment and find out what it is that works best for you. You are the one that sets your standards.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • hugo
    replied
    @ bernte_one :
    apology accepted !

    Careful, I haven't said that any coils configurations could work just by playing with capacitors ! Low inductance means low resistance.
    The TX transistor must be able to drive such device. (That's why I was talking about Ivconic's Minelab TX oscillator).
    And remember, if you want to play with coils, check the ratio between TX and RX frequency.
    I've read that it should be around 1.2. (RX freq. ~= TX freq * 1.2).
    Then set your TX freq., multiply it by 1.2, calculate the RX cap. and then adjust it with your oscilloscope to acheive the 20° phase shift (DD coil) or 200° for a concentric coil.
    To do that, I use a capacitors decade box :
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X