Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiltran View Post
    Yeah, but I hate to ruin a good PCB by pulling off caps and replacing, but Im glad I found the problem , so now I can fine tune the coils and worK on the searchcoil shell.
    Der fisherman just rushed... i don't think he did that intentionally.
    I didn't made BOM because i am used to search for values from schematics. I am never using no BOM's anyway. What is written on schematic - presents MUST for me.
    But regarding other people here, now i am sure that i had to do that and make separate BOM file too. It is my mistake, sorry.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    IGSL

    Yeah, but I hate to ruin a good PCB by pulling off caps and replacing, but Im glad I found the problem , so now I can fine tune the coils and worK on the searchcoil shell.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiltran View Post
    I finally got IGSL board working good. After pulling off the musketeer oscillator , which was working fine, I put on the original TGSL osc. But that wasnt the problem! I used the partslist in post #274 which has caps. C17, C23,30 and 36 wrong. The file in post #274 should be changed or deleted to save someone building the IGSL a whole lot of trouble! Silverdogs partlist is the correct one!
    Some posts can do more harm than to help topic. Already seen at TGSL thread.
    What we can do about that?
    Nothing i am afraid....

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    IGSL

    I finally got IGSL board working good. After pulling off the musketeer oscillator , which was working fine, I put on the original TGSL osc. But that wasnt the problem! I used the partslist in post #274 which has caps. C17, C23,30 and 36 wrong. The file in post #274 should be changed or deleted to save someone building the IGSL a whole lot of trouble! Silverdogs partlist is the correct one!

    Leave a comment:


  • denizen
    replied
    So i built the board and now just need to get a coil and an enclosure. I've decided to buy an ABS plastic enclosure and shield the inside with copper self adhesive.

    Please forgive me for the following newby impudence..

    At this point my only concern is I want to include the ground balance from the pcb to the outside casing. a total of 6 controls. I saw a previous image of what looks like the Musketeer coil version where there were six pots and everything looked amazing! But i have the TGSL coil version and I'm confused from that image. For a few reasons. One of them being that one ground balance pot has wires that go to completely different locations on the PCB.. Why? It makes no sense when the PCB is already laid out to have a pot go in those 3 holes, not between holes of different places. Maybe I'm insane. From my experience with wiring electric guitars I see no logic to it.

    So my question is what are the Ground Balance spots? Are they the Tr1 and Tr2 or the R37 and R57? My guess is the Tr1 and Tr2 as the parts list says 100K and R37/57 says 10K.

    Thanks to all who have worked hard on this board. And thanks to Silverdog for the help in attaching the files! I can't wait to go find me a gold nugget or The City of Gold! HAHA!

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by petravka View Post
    Thanks Petravka your a gent

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    PCB's from Silverdog came today. Sure are nice, itching to start soldering.

    Leave a comment:


  • petravka
    replied
    black and white pcb

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    PCB black and white printed circuit layout

    Hi
    Any of you here got the printed circuit layouts please in black and white so i can make some pcbs.
    Many thanks in advance
    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by denizen View Post
    I bought the IGSL - TGSL pcb kit from silverdog's site and i must say it's beautiful! i see the pics are already up from another person a few pages back.

    my concern is part reference #s. what the heck is U11? what does U11 correlate with? is it the LM339N IC? I'm confused. the parts reference I do have is for the IGSL EDU and is completely bogus in my case.

    I would really like to get started Any help, links, pics, etc would be most appreciated!

    Thanks in advance you all.

    Its all in this thread somewhere
    Re-posting Schematic with a partslist
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello

    please put your stem designs here
    Vacuum forming, coil winding, packaging... anything mechanical.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Nothing compares to this one!
    Definitive a WINNER!


    (Best Classic III ever made! Guys from White's should learn something about design from this one!!!)
    Wow. Nice tamper-proof design... probably self-destructs if anyone tries to steal secrets...

    (I love those made-from-scratch designs because they attest to the unfettered zeal of MD fanatics who will do anything to get up and running! Keep 'em coming...)

    Leave a comment:


  • denizen
    replied
    I bought the IGSL - TGSL pcb kit from silverdog's site and i must say it's beautiful! i see the pics are already up from another person a few pages back.

    my concern is part reference #s. what the heck is U11? what does U11 correlate with? is it the LM339N IC? I'm confused. the parts reference I do have is for the IGSL EDU and is completely bogus in my case.

    I would really like to get started Any help, links, pics, etc would be most appreciated!

    Thanks in advance you all.

    Leave a comment:


  • compadre
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    sure not andy we know us from other german forum you are not alone
    and there are other member from germany too forexample user compadre - his tgsl is running know but i think he will work on in diy projects here

    if have nothing against to build a buying group but problem is whom you can trust
    for a known user here it is no problem but often there are single posting users here which take a project out a gave nothing back
    for such people a pay atttention they have no community thinking

    but thats a theme a new thread

    at the buy sell thread i asked user georgi for full list of his parts if i order something i had no problem to order some parts more i gave them away for replacement of my costs some times you will have also a minimum quantity for an order in such cases it would be possible to

    greetings

    of course i will work on in diy projects here (next IGSL) a buying group why not.

    compadre

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Nothing compares to this one!
    Definitive a WINNER!


    (Best Classic III ever made! Guys from White's should learn something about design from this one!!!)

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X