Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blisstool ltc64x v2i

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Homogeneity may also play a part. The Blisstool was horribly ratty sounding as I swept, and I'm wondering if the fill gravel is full of hot rocks. I took some as a test sample.

    Leave a comment:


  • barryny
    replied
    Karl - seems odd that you had trouble. It can be made stable on wet salt water black sand and Culpeper iron dirt - so your conditions can't be that bad...
    You must be doing something wrong on the adjustments - please contact Carter at blisstoolusa for help - thanks.

    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Today I took took the Blisstool on a hunt. In the little town of Amity, Oregon they've torn out the concrete sidewalks (probably poured in the 30's or 40's). I've been 3 times so far with the Deus, GMT, TDI, and V3, found quite a few coins dating from 1880 to 1906.

    After the old sidewalks were removed they spread some fill gravel, which varies from 0-4" deep, most of it 1-2" deep. The ground (or the gravel, not sure which) is pretty nasty stuff. Turns out that no matter what I tried, the Blisstool would not GB at all. At min gain and zero disc there was no manual GB setting that would balance, and no auto GB mode that would work, either. Even trying my best to maintain a very level sweep height to minimize ground noise, and using a slow sweep, the unit was just too noisy to use. The Silencer helped some, but even turned all the way up the chatter was too much. Disc did not help. I gave up, put a little more time in with the Deus, and did a final run with the V3. No more coins today.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Today I took took the Blisstool on a hunt. In the little town of Amity, Oregon .....
    - Carl

    I just spotted this! What a coincidence! It happen that i am having Amity stove here in my home!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Today I took took the Blisstool on a hunt. In the little town of Amity, Oregon they've torn out the concrete sidewalks (probably poured in the 30's or 40's). I've been 3 times so far with the Deus, GMT, TDI, and V3, found quite a few coins dating from 1880 to 1906.

    After the old sidewalks were removed they spread some fill gravel, which varies from 0-4" deep, most of it 1-2" deep. The ground (or the gravel, not sure which) is pretty nasty stuff. Turns out that no matter what I tried, the Blisstool would not GB at all. At min gain and zero disc there was no manual GB setting that would balance, and no auto GB mode that would work, either. Even trying my best to maintain a very level sweep height to minimize ground noise, and using a slow sweep, the unit was just too noisy to use. The Silencer helped some, but even turned all the way up the chatter was too much. Disc did not help. I gave up, put a little more time in with the Deus, and did a final run with the V3. No more coins today.

    - Carl

    Yes that's the same case with Wave too. I think i mentioned that earlier. There is a way to ground it but than Disc turns bad (should open it and examine all those trimmers, than readjust it to ground better). One thing seems "pull" another.
    Anyway; i am taking this as fair report. Would be surprised if it was not fair.
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post

    After the old sidewalks were removed they spread some fill gravel, which varies from 0-4" deep, most of it 1-2" deep. The ground (or the gravel, not sure which) is pretty nasty stuff. Turns out that no matter what I tried, the Blisstool would not GB at all. At min gain and zero disc there was no manual GB setting that would balance, and no auto GB mode that would work, either. Even trying my best to maintain a very level sweep height to minimize ground noise, and using a slow sweep, the unit was just too noisy to use. The Silencer helped some, but even turned all the way up the chatter was too much. Disc did not help.
    As expected on experience with previous BG ultra-sensitive creations.

    If you wish to test next ultra-sensitive BG creation try this:

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Today I took took the Blisstool on a hunt. In the little town of Amity, Oregon they've torn out the concrete sidewalks (probably poured in the 30's or 40's). I've been 3 times so far with the Deus, GMT, TDI, and V3, found quite a few coins dating from 1880 to 1906.

    After the old sidewalks were removed they spread some fill gravel, which varies from 0-4" deep, most of it 1-2" deep. The ground (or the gravel, not sure which) is pretty nasty stuff. Turns out that no matter what I tried, the Blisstool would not GB at all. At min gain and zero disc there was no manual GB setting that would balance, and no auto GB mode that would work, either. Even trying my best to maintain a very level sweep height to minimize ground noise, and using a slow sweep, the unit was just too noisy to use. The Silencer helped some, but even turned all the way up the chatter was too much. Disc did not help. I gave up, put a little more time in with the Deus, and did a final run with the V3. No more coins today.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • Daniel Tn
    replied
    The Blisstool doesn't have an all metal mode that I'm aware of. It has a toggle switch for 3 variations of discrimination....I, II, III. The weakest degree is III....that's what I meant by Disc 3. I had disc depth to 0 and the disc knob at 0 as well.

    The GPX on the other hand.....you must have a understanding of pulse machines. None of them are great at finding super fine gold. The GPX 5000 has a "fine gold" timing that is supposed to enhance sensitivity to small gold like that. BUT it is said to only really work well with mono coils....I had the 11" DD coil and traded my 11" mono coil for a 6x10 DD. The GPX only discriminates with DD coils so a mono coil design was worthless to me as a relic hunter. I'm sure with smaller mono coils and Fine Gold timing that it probably does well. The same machine with 11" DD coil can easily detect a coin or civil war bullet (1 oz lead slug) down to 20-22 inches...have done it myself in Virginia. That is GPX power....running gain at half. With gain on lowest setting I could still clearly detect a silver US dime at over 9 inches with room to spare....IN GROUND.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Tn View Post
    I did the test today with the Blisstool and the .36 gram piece of gold. I put it in a small bottle and tried it outside. The only way it was detected was from a half inch away in Disc mode 3 and manual GB. But you are talking about an 11" coil and low freq VLF detector. The GPX 5000 and TDI did about the same on it.
    .
    Thanks Daniel.

    Expectable results for LTC64, but catastrophic for GPX5000, which have to be dedicated to detect tiny gold and worth almost 10 times as much as LTC64.

    Are you sure that test was properly conducted? I mean here "Disc mode 3" you mentioned? Usually natural gold need to be detected in All metal mode. Did you try All metal? Which settings you use on GPX5000?

    Leave a comment:


  • Daniel Tn
    replied
    I did the test today with the Blisstool and the .36 gram piece of gold. I put it in a small bottle and tried it outside. The only way it was detected was from a half inch away in Disc mode 3 and manual GB. But you are talking about an 11" coil and low freq VLF detector. The GPX 5000 and TDI did about the same on it.

    Ironically the Bliss will get that 10k gold chain I spoke about when the GPX nor TDI did....nor have any other detectors I've used.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    LTC64 is first candidate for Best forgotten detector in year 2013.

    The Best forgotten detector in year 2012 is Nexus.

    I forgot which detector was Best forgotten detector in year 2011.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Philip,

    While Geotech is mostly for the dissemination of technical information on metal detectors, we often have discussions of production units, and I have no problem with that. I even allow people to post plugs for their favorite whatever, as long as it doesn't turn into overt product promotion. In short, this forum is wholly independent and people can like or dislike whatever brand they choose. The only thing I have no tolerance for is the thieves in China; they are not welcomed here.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • hdphilip
    replied
    remove blisstool from tech fourm

    moderators of geotech,

    It would seem to me that sense this "blisstool" is a production unit and not a "production kit" of any form, and nor the creators have shown us pictures of insides of the unit, or any technology involved, It should be posted in the "buy, sell, trade" period

    Let the makers of blisstool promote their product in other areas...........

    or make another category as metal detectors reviews

    Thank you,

    Philip

    now, let me go post some updates to a real project, at least to promote some thinking

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Sorry, I only report what happened. However, I also took the Deus to an old town where the sidewalks had been torn out. With it I found 2 Seated dimes, a Barber dime, an Indian penny, and a V nickel. No doubt about it, the super-fast response was a big plus. However, I will also say that the all-metal pinpoint really sucked... no depth compared to the disc mode.

    When I finished with the Deus, I took the Spectra V3 and found 2 more Barber dimes, a Canadian dime, 3 Indian pennies, and 2 V nickels. Stereo mixed mode on the V3 is just as wickedly effective as the fast response on the Deus. Finally, I want to take the Blisstool in and see if there are deep targets I missed.

    - Carl
    I believe you; Deus (like any other complex md) will need certain learning curve to be fully mastered.
    But it will be piece of cake for you.
    Just give it a chance.
    Quick hint:
    * Pick GMP program,
    * Rise Sense to 94,
    * Lower coil at 3" above soil surface, make 4-5 (or more, because sometimes it can be slow in initial readings) wide swings to allow it to "read" the GB.
    * Push GB knob and manually adjust GB just bit above displayed GB value on upper GB part of LCD.
    (If it read GB as 83 (for example) than adjust GB value to ...let's say 85)
    * Make wider swings over target. If you suspect mixed signal (iron near to coin) just switch to Fast program and check the signal with shorter swings.
    * Return to GMP
    * Keep in mind that Deus will not remember your fresh settings if you don't Save them under current program you are using at the moment.

    That's all (and enough) for a start. The rest you will dig out very easy.
    ....

    "...all-metal pinpoint really sucked..."

    I do know what are you saying!
    I felt exactly the same at the beginning!
    But WAIT! Give it chance too!
    Because it's All Metal mode is SPLENDID! Only you have to understand how to handle it.
    * Switch to All Metal Mode (ppoint, bottom knob)
    Lower coil to proper distance from soil (this depends on suspected target and other factors, i am sure you will understand what is all about).
    * Press knob again and hold it while lowering/lifting coil. Now you retuned it like that. Kind a balanced.
    * Retuned as that Deus will work SPLENDID in AM mode ONLY if you maintain same or close coil distance from soil. And it will go deeeeeep! You'll see.
    Ok, it was first AM mode. Press knob again, it will enter in another AM mode (this time is nonmotion with disc scale and vco audio).
    With Disc scale and very nice VCO this mode reminds me much on working with Cscope 1220b.
    Play a bit with adjustments in that mode.
    Press knob again. Returns to first AM mode. Etc...etc...etc..
    First few weeks i was also very disappointed with it's AM/PP mode until i took manual and saw all the details! It is actually SPLENDID!
    Learning curve....you know!

    Spectra... i can't say almost nothing about it. Had it in my hands few times for few minutes.
    I know it is very good. It is so obvious. But i don't have experiences with it at all.
    Regards!


    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Not you Carl!
    Ooooh cheeseee!
    I give up!
    Quarter is some 24-25mm, so it is not small coin at all.
    Deus will EAT it at such easy depth of 8" (~20cm) no matter if soil is heavily infested and poluted.
    And you know it already much better than that!!!
    ...
    I should spit on Spectra now... but i can't, still like it a bit.

    Sorry, I only report what happened. However, I also took the Deus to an old town where the sidewalks had been torn out. With it I found 2 Seated dimes, a Barber dime, an Indian penny, and a V nickel. No doubt about it, the super-fast response was a big plus. However, I will also say that the all-metal pinpoint really sucked... no depth compared to the disc mode.

    When I finished with the Deus, I took the Spectra V3 and found 2 more Barber dimes, a Canadian dime, 3 Indian pennies, and 2 V nickels. Stereo mixed mode on the V3 is just as wickedly effective as the fast response on the Deus. Finally, I want to take the Blisstool in and see if there are deep targets I missed.

    - Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • barryny
    replied
    play with the disc toggle switch

    Hi Dan - as suggested by some experienced Blisstool users on another forum - please try Disc toggle #1 (maximum disc) to see if that helps knock out the iron in your highly mineralized soil, while keeping the non-ferrous from breaking up...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X