Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blisstool ltc64x v2i

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • keith777
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    When you turn it on does it draw any current at all? Best place to start is measuring all the power supplies.
    Originally posted by Sean_Goddard View Post
    Keith, are you in the UK as if so I'll fix that for you.

    WAY too many metal detector "repair companies" are hopeless, and now Dave at Pentechnic has given up, there is no one who is REALLY good.

    BTW I used to run Pulsar Electronics, and even without schematics, I never failed to repair ANY machine which was sent to me.



    Hi again guys. i have getting it working now. tonight i had another look at the two boards comparing with a better eye peace. i saw something this time round that i some how missed seeing the first time round that i looked. here is some pics. i am not quit sure if the owner of the machine before me who had it, when replacing the battery mite of had the machine turned on when the battery was clipped in place and shorted the board on something under neath and never noticed it happened. i am not sure what make my original battery is that is used for the detector as is it all wrapped up black tape. the replacement one is slightly larger and does not fit under the battery cover.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220810-225722.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	363310
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220810-223052.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	363311
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220810-225509.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	363312
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220810-225523.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	363313

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean_Goddard
    replied
    Keith, are you in the UK as if so I'll fix that for you.

    WAY too many metal detector "repair companies" are hopeless, and now Dave at Pentechnic has given up, there is no one who is REALLY good.

    BTW I used to run Pulsar Electronics, and even without schematics, I never failed to repair ANY machine which was sent to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    When you turn it on does it draw any current at all? Best place to start is measuring all the power supplies.

    Leave a comment:


  • keith777
    replied
    Hi Guys.

    quick question. is repairs to a Blisstoool V6 machine and other versions difficult. i have seen some posts on a few forums wear people are saying that no one will take on trying to repair faulty Blisstool machine. is this the case and why would that be do you think. why i ask is that i have a faulty V6 that won't turn on. the battery is good. so it is not that. i did notice on the back of the board that there was a copper trace that had been tampered with. as you can see in the first photo. so i bridged it up with a wire to see if it was that and would bring it back to life in any way. nothing happened though. i do have a another working V6 so i decided to open up that one to look inside to compare the two boards to see if i mite spot something else going on. on exposing the back of the board on the working one. strait away i noticed that the same area on the working board has the copper trace broken in the same way. so that's meant to be like that. i un-soldered the wire that i had put on the faulty board and had a good look at comparing the two boards, but i couldn't see anything that looked odd on the faulty one by just eye balling the two.

    thanks guys

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220810-125917.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	363306
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220810-130209.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	363307

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    btw. (I don't know which models have this feature) if you have a Blisstool you can use the battery-charging plug as a second coil-cable connector. This means you solder a different connector for the battery-charging or remove it totally and use other batteries, and then you solder this coil-jack directly to the original one. So a second coil can be used with this new second connection. You may test first if it reduces the usual sensitivity a bit but for sure not much. Because without any coil connected its electrically seen a "dead end" without any interaction or just a very short shielded additional antenna.

    I haven't done this modification yet but I guess this way I can directly attach some 45cm coil and reach much more depth!

    This was already in the beginning pretty "funny" anyway using a (of course slightly different) coil-cable-plug for accu-charging. But why not? If you need a connector with at least 4 pins, just take something which is fast or cheap available. And it was already balance-charging the 3 single Li-Po cells.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    46 hours!

    Thats the amount of time the Blisstool from 2010 still runs with its old WONDER-Li-Ion cells. hahaha 12 years later. Fully recharged a month ago. Just once a year fully recharged since ca. 2015. The chatter was good audible but set to relative quiet. No headphone.

    It stopped after 3 days cause I don't wanted to risk accu-deep-depletion but I guess this could have go on for another 10 hours.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Just soldering a 9v block battery plug to the power connection - et voila.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Yes, the grappling-hook: a new modern symbol of treasure-hunting because all of the new
    computer-games are using it to overcome obstacles and walls, as in the Tomb Raider series.
    Perhaps I'm posting you a picture of this "weapon" which you better not take inside of planes.

    And in the "Just Cause" video-games the grappling-hook becomes the greatest used tool ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Great job - lightweight, balance chargeable and 11 volts!

    I guess the Blisstool should get at least its 10v to provide enough depth.
    But its better to test this - if the depth will be the same with 7,5 volts.
    Because due to electronic parts, 11v can become reduced to effective 7,5v very fast.
    At locations inside the MD where the voltage really counts.

    I have posted this mod in this thread already 2012: I have a reserve pack
    from a power-screw-driver but this thing also is already over 10 years old.




    So I guess the best deal really is such lightweight 2000mA LiPo for the next years
    or pulling out 3 cells from relative new digicam-accus (usually they have 2 inside).

    But when I use it so rarely and just charge it once a year, after 10 years the new accupack
    will be bad again - so perhaps more weight but having 6x - 8x 1,2v NiMH's inside is better!

    Because first I would need a larger coil for the Blisstool - after 7 years of running around
    with 40cm coil - but I can hack the lightweight 45cm Detech coil from the Garrett for this.



    My fate is really crazy: I got the Blisstool in Bonn, then I used it first in Hamburg (Germany)
    and after a few years, I've found a grappling hook in BG near were the Blisstool comes from.

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    I just had to replace my V5 battery (Zippy). One cell in the pack went bad and the pack swelled up.



    Click image for larger version

Name:	blissV5 bat mod1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	804.4 KB
ID:	362510
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blissV5 bat mod2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	362511
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blissV5 bat mod1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	804.4 KB
ID:	362510
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P2120251.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	808.4 KB
ID:	362512

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    OK, after 12 years I should replace the internal 3x Lithium-Ion cells (each ca. 6cm x 1,5cm)
    But with what - any ideas? Runs the circuit originally on 9 or 12 volts?

    Maybe I hack some small and lightweight digicam lipo battery for that, they are ca. 7,5 v.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The ugliest pcb desing of all times!
    Detector is not any better thogh...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Seems that you can insert a background image and trace over it. So that's how it was done.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Thinking about it some more, I don't think diptrace PCB software allows for tracing over an image in the way Sprint does.
    The diptrace layout just seems too good, precise. I don't see how you do that by just eyeballing the position of the components.
    So I don't know.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Where is the DipTrace schematic?
    I found on Russian forum, but no schematic. I think it's just a trace out of the actual board layout. I think the person had access to the device in front of him. A continuity tester can reveal the top traces without difficulty as there are just few top traces on the board.
    I suspect that this was the method.
    There are bits and pieces of a hand drawn schematic which is best left alone.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X