Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by crane View Post
    The paddock I mentioned is 300 meters from high voltage power lines and close to radio, tv and mobile phone transmitters. If you are saying your statement is only true for where you and Bugwhiskers live then I don't think anyone really cares because it doesn't apply to most of us that work in areas away from power lines.

    You appear to be now trying to hide the fact that the QED responds to another detectors audio signal, something that simply can't possibly occur with any other detector, which in turn means it has a serious flaw. I recently worked a patch with a mate and we were often less than 30' apart. Can you imagine the confusion if my detector heard the hot rock, ground noise and target signals of my mate's detector?
    Ok why don't you do some tests comparing the TDI and ML with large mono coils near and under HV AC power lines,near SWER powerlines ,near some micro wave towers, when some commercial airliners are flying overhead, near airports and other near miscellaneous sources of EMI and come back and tell us which detector is least effected! Perhaps then you can tell us why some very experienced operators of ML detectors here in OZ who like to use very big mono's are often forced to detect at night because the EMI during the day is often intolerable! dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • crane
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    Have you tested ML's with mono coils for EMI effects where I live or Bugwhiskers live?
    dougAEGPF
    The paddock I mentioned is 300 meters from high voltage power lines and close to radio, tv and mobile phone transmitters. If you are saying your statement is only true for where you and Bugwhiskers live then I don't think anyone really cares because it doesn't apply to most of us that work in areas away from power lines.

    You appear to be now trying to hide the fact that the QED responds to another detectors audio signal, something that simply can't possibly occur with any other detector, which in turn means it has a serious flaw. I recently worked a patch with a mate and we were often less than 30' apart. Can you imagine the confusion if my detector heard the hot rock, ground noise and target signals of my mate's detector?

    Leave a comment:


  • UrbanFox
    replied
    Doug, you still haven't answered the question....While the QED might have reasonable rejection of mains EMI when the source is synchronised to 50Hz, what happens around a genset or any power source that is not synchronised to 50Hz?

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by crane View Post
    The TX and RX are both constantly modulated by ground minerals and if these minerals are ignored by a correctly working ground balance circuit then there is no audio output, but you appear to be saying that the QED will hear anything that causes an audio signal in another detector? This definitely doesn't occur in any detector I know of. If it did then two guys working 50' apart would hear the same signal and both would dig it. I can assure you this never happens and it would be rather insane if it did.



    I often test detectors in a paddock approximately two kilometers from three AM and FM radio stations and six kilometers from TV transmitters and none of these affect a Minelab PI in any way at all, even if we halve the distance to the TV towers. Perhaps you should stick to known facts instead of trying to make up new ones.

    Have you tested ML's with mono coils for EMI effects where I live or Bugwhiskers live?
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • crane
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    What you refer to is modulation of the Rx audio much like AM/FM radio.It happens with ML detectors and perhaps some others? When one detector goes over a target if another detector is close enough then you hear the target response in this detector. ie the Rx audio from the first detector is modulated when it goes over a target and this can be picked up by the Rx of another.
    The TX and RX are both constantly modulated by ground minerals and if these minerals are ignored by a correctly working ground balance circuit then there is no audio output, but you appear to be saying that the QED will hear anything that causes an audio signal in another detector? This definitely doesn't occur in any detector I know of. If it did then two guys working 50' apart would hear the same signal and both would dig it. I can assure you this never happens and it would be rather insane if it did.

    Originally posted by dougAEGPF
    "however the effect can be hard to hear with ML's in this location because of severe power line induced and other EMI effects with the ML"
    I often test detectors in a paddock approximately two kilometers from three AM and FM radio stations and six kilometers from TV transmitters and none of these affect a Minelab PI in any way at all, even if we halve the distance to the TV towers. Perhaps you should stick to known facts instead of trying to make up new ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • PATCHES JUNIOR
    replied
    One thing I have been worried about Doug. I hope you can answer my question.

    Will the QED be able to play music while I an detecting for gold. I am sure every one has been wondering about this state of the art development!

    And one more question I hope you can also help us with without giving up no secretes. Is this a gold detector, relic detector, coin detector, or just what is its main use to be suited for?

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
    Very simple my friend Doug and Bugwhiskers. Since I do not have the QED in front of me like Bugwhiskers does, how about a recent video of it working by a independent user. maybe someone like Robbie H would be a good choice since he is not associated with the QED or Minelab. Or even Aziz would be a good person to test it since he seems to be falling off the QED wagon here lately. And Aziz seems like he know he electronics good. And I am sure neither one of you would say anything about the 2 I speak of on less you have proof of anything different. I trust you both for the truth. Aziz and Robbie seem to know their stuff.
    So you agree with me that you have no basis whatsoever for asserting that the QED has "harmonic problems"!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by UrbanFox View Post
    Doug, can you tune to a specific radio station when detecting, or do you just have to take what you get?
    The latest REV QED does NOT pick up ANY radio stations and is far more immune to EMI than ANY ML with a mono coil. In the same location the TDI with mono coil is also better than a ML!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • UrbanFox
    replied
    Doug, can you tune to a specific radio station when detecting, or do you just have to take what you get?

    Further, will the mains EMI rejection contend with working in the general vIcinity of a reasonably large sized genset, say near mining activity, where the genset is not accurately synchronised to 50Hz?

    Will the unit be readily converted to mains rejection of frequencies other than 50Hz?

    How good is mains rejection in an area where the genset induced EMI frequency is, say, 40Hz as the genset is running at reduced RPM with reduced load for fuel economy reasons?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by dougAEGPF View Post
    Yes sorry AZIZ to interrupt your thread! Keep up the good work on trying to develop a new and more affordable detector!
    dougAEGPF
    It doesn't matter at all Doug. I like it.

    Feel free to discuss it here.
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • PATCHES JUNIOR
    replied
    Very simple my friend Doug and Bugwhiskers. Since I do not have the QED in front of me like Bugwhiskers does, how about a recent video of it working by a independent user. maybe someone like Robbie H would be a good choice since he is not associated with the QED or Minelab. Or even Aziz would be a good person to test it since he seems to be falling off the QED wagon here lately. And Aziz seems like he know he electronics good. And I am sure neither one of you would say anything about the 2 I speak of on less you have proof of anything different. I trust you both for the truth. Aziz and Robbie seem to know their stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Hi guys,

    be prepared to supply you in heaps of popcorn & coke. It's getting very very interesting now. The show must go on!


    Aziz
    Yes sorry AZIZ to interrupt your thread! Keep up the good work on trying to develop a new and more affordable detector!
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Hi guys,

    be prepared to supply you in heaps of popcorn & coke. It's getting very very interesting now. The show must go on!


    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by UrbanFox View Post
    I have not seen any interference/audio interaction when using my Minelab around other detector users. Admittedly, I would normally never detect within around 5-6 meters of another detector, and would typically give other detector users a reasonably wide berth in the field.

    I seem to remember a reference on your forum to being able to hear the local radio station through the QED audio. Was that a "design feature" also?

    No matter how I tuned my Minelab, I just cannot tune in my local radio stations.
    ML's do the same thing in the same location( which is very near to the local radio transmitter)however the effect can be hard to hear with ML's in this location because of severe power line induced and other EMI effects with the ML .
    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:


  • dougAEGPF
    replied
    Originally posted by PATCHES JUNIOR View Post
    And please no silly name calling like on your forum. Lets keep it civil and not threaten with banning if you or I can not give you the answer you like.

    Again Doug you are what I consider one of my best friends in the world!
    Your assertion that the QED has “harmonic problems” has absolutely no basis in fact! I know having tested and used a QED (and found gold with it), and have seen many bench testing results!


    dougAEGPF

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X