Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Affordable pocket DIY "cheaposcope"
Collapse
X
-
Model DSO 096 from same producer (JYE Tech) is equipped withOriginally posted by kt315 View Postmy dream to have handy pocket spectrum analyzer for same price
FFT function and can act as Spectrum analyzer and 20 MHz frequencymeter.
It has much better bandwidth (5Mhz compared to above 200kHz), but not so good vertical sensitivity (10mV/div compared to 5mV/div).
http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/FFT_01.jpg
About double price (you can negotiate price - Make Offer) on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handheld-Oscilloscope-Improved-Model-Small-Pocket-Portable-Scope-DSO-Probe-USA/150746423711?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkpa rms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3 D38530%26meid%3D3aeb6627ffa84241b1c8afa93b8e08de%2 6pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D1607876249 42
Yes it is updated DSO138 (DSO150).Originally posted by Koala View PostLooks like an update on the DSO138 which I built and works well.
Comment
-
I've had the DSO Nano 201 model - it was fairly accurate for the price (~80$), well nothing like bench-top scope, but most importantly the interface was really awful so I've sold it.
I'm done with cheap DIY type scopes or used scopes older than I am, I may need to suggest a Christmas gift idea to my girl, some fancy-fancy DSO would be appropriate gift
Comment
-
I built the DSO138. For the Money it does what it's suppose to do well. Well they lied about the 200Khz . Signal trace is un usable after about 100khz. Measures Freq and that works fine. Funky Lexen Case is trashed first time you drop them. LOL Wish it was two channel. 10uS allows you to Check PI Sampling Just. But it works. This one looks like it may be a bit more handy then the buttons on the DSO138.
These little puppies are handy for measuring Inductance too.
Comment
-
Yes one channel.Originally posted by kt315 View Postthanks Wm6, but WHY they all are Number of Channel: One?
its bad (
so i get godograph
For little money you get a little music.
But you ask for spectrum analyzer first, not for godograf usability.
It can act as spectrum analyzer.
Godograf ask for something different options.
I don't know cheap Digital storage oscilloscope equipped with Z-input (Z-input belongs more to CRT-scope technologies).
You can get frequency sweep at one channel Spectrum Analyzer too, in contrast to godograf circular phase view, here is XY view.
Try, maybe it can satisfy your needs.
Comment
-
pocket sizeOriginally posted by kt315 View Postmy dream to have handy pocket spectrum analyzer for same price
includes:
-2 channel Osciloscope
-generator
-spectrum analyzer
-wobbuloscope
-multimeter
-available connection to PC
kit cost ~40euro
or made by yourself, documentation is freeware:
Comment
-
Conceptually excellent, but 50mV/div vertical sensitivity is on the border of usability (par example for coil tuning).Originally posted by reiv View Post
I hope this will be improved by factor of 10 (to 5mV/div or even better).
To fully exploit great concept of this instrument in field of PI detectors (par example observing changes of PI coil
resonance) analog bandwidth should be over 1MHz (better over 2MHz).
Design with great potential in field of MD DIY builders - after some further improvements.
Congratulations for nice approach.
Comment
-
This project is from 2011, and to be clear I`m not the author. Made this unit few years ago, and I`m happy with this. Using in VLF/PI project, nulling coils also (if You want more precise reading value of voltage at coil balancing just switch to multimeter mode) . I powered this by li-on battery from a sell phone and works pretty long, soe auto mechanical diagnostics sensors for example is also available.
For sure this is not HI END performer it`s just Xmega inside, but for basics operations it works. Author it`s not interesting any more with this project soe there will by no any improvment. Bigest problem for any upgrades are noises in circut. Some day he wrote that he planning to change Xmega by STM, but his last post is from 2014...
Here is my unit:
And short movie using Analayzer to find resonase freq. at VLF coil (connected to PC):
Comment
Comment