Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
EZ Coil Winder
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
Hi simobaker
It is Interesting . other thing, you can add digital or mechanical turn counter.
Best regards.
Comment
-
Yes I want that. Maybe bicycle odometer type thing, do you know of any?Originally posted by aft_72005 View PostHi simobaker
It is Interesting . other thing, you can add digital or mechanical turn counter.
Best regards.
Or simple digital counter with reflector foil on side of disk and light sensor. Who can find simplest way?
Cheers,
-SB
Comment
-
counter
Simon,
Nice winder. Years ago we would take a desk calculator and hack a magnetic reed switch across the "=" key to make digital counters. To use it you enter 1 + 1, when the "=" key is shorted by the magnet passing reed switch it keeps a total. Cheap
Regards
Mark
Comment
-
I like it!Originally posted by Unregistered View PostSimon,
Nice winder. Years ago we would take a desk calculator and hack a magnetic reed switch across the "=" key to make digital counters. To use it you enter 1 + 1, when the "=" key is shorted by the magnet passing reed switch it keeps a total. Cheap
Regards
Mark
-SB
Comment
-
Other way ,You can Install small nook away of D shape disk , and against of it use micro switch.Originally posted by simonbaker View PostYes I want that. Maybe bicycle odometer type thing, do you know of any?
Or simple digital counter with reflector foil on side of disk and light sensor. Who can find simplest way?
Cheers,
-SB
Best regards.
Comment
-
An electronic Counter Module with LCD Display would look best.
Example : http://www.maplin.co.uk/free_uk_deli...odule_3279.htm
Comment
-
Something like that looks perfect. There are always a few annoying details to add, like debouncing circuit for mechanical switch, or photo detector/led arrangement to make pulse and batteries.Originally posted by Götz von Berlichingen View PostAn electronic Counter Module with LCD Display would look best.
Example : http://www.maplin.co.uk/free_uk_deli...odule_3279.htm
I wish I could find something really stupid-simple that is very common to find. So far the calculator idea wins in that area. I'll probably start there.
Cheers,
-SB
Comment
-
The Module has a max. input frequency of 7Hz.Originally posted by simonbaker View PostSomething like that looks perfect. There are always a few annoying details to add, like debouncing circuit for mechanical switch, or photo detector/led arrangement to make pulse and batteries.
I wish I could find something really stupid-simple that is very common to find. So far the calculator idea wins in that area. I'll probably start there.
Cheers,
-SB
This should work just fine without extra debouncing.
All you need would be power supply, reset button and
reed switch with magnet - quite easy.
Comment
-
Sounds good I must say, that would certainly make the nicest solution. Very much appreciate the reference, it's reasonably priced and useful for a lot of other things too.Originally posted by Götz von Berlichingen View PostThe Module has a max. input frequency of 7Hz.
This should work just fine without extra debouncing.
All you need would be power supply, reset button and
reed switch with magnet - quite easy.
Still, I always like to build stuff out of cheap everyday materials from local shops if possible as a challenge, so I may show some goofy alternatives for fun!
There are also some manual "tally counters" that might work if enough pressure can be applied by the wheel http://www.tallycounterstore.com/.
Of course the hard part starts after you wind the coil.....!
Cheers!
-SB
Comment
Comment