Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New bara with no sound. Problem ahead.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Psyborg
    replied
    After changing 10k treshold pot with 50k I have a good possibility of setting treshold. Now my bara in air test detects 1Euro at 15 cm (6 inch). Nice.
    Now i need to buy a plastic box to set in bara and battery and make housing for coil.


    Thank you all for your help and support.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Psyborg View Post
    I try with screwdriver over coil and i have sound only maybe 5 centimeters ( 2 inch) from coil. There is no difference if i turn treshold pot. With delay trim is only worse. I'll make measurements as mohandres recommended in the image which he was uploaded a few posts ago.
    offset affects distance as well as coil.

    Also a wrongly fitted 2222 will also give low detection. 2N2222 PN2222 P2N222 check the number on the transistor not what you ordered. PN2222 and P2N2222 both plastic have different pin outs

    Leave a comment:


  • Psyborg
    replied
    I try with screwdriver over coil and i have sound only maybe 5 centimeters ( 2 inch) from coil. There is no difference if i turn treshold pot. With delay trim is only worse. I'll make measurements as mohandres recommended in the image which he was uploaded a few posts ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    with the TIP127 you can get a little iron discrimination. Was working fine on mine but after messing with differerent coils and settings I have lost it.

    Just got mine back running but you beat me. Guess you don't need any measurements

    I found trail and error better for the offset adjustment. Maximum depth might not be at the recommended zero volts

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by Psyborg View Post
    Good news people! Its working!!
    It was problem in 40106. I change also IRF9640 (put a TIP127) and 2n2222 just to be sure . Now need to calibrate.
    lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Psyborg
    replied
    Good news people! Its working!!
    It was problem in 40106. I change also IRF9640 (put a TIP127) and 2n2222 just to be sure . Now need to calibrate.

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    Originally posted by jladre View Post
    I've tried to reverse the buzzer of my bara before and it still give sounds
    now you got sound
    can you tune the offset to zero
    without coil
    then put you treshhold to min

    Leave a comment:


  • jladre
    replied
    I've tried to reverse the buzzer of my bara before and it still give sounds

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    hi
    i think it help you
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Copia%20de%20barra%20(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	342635

    Leave a comment:


  • Psyborg
    replied
    I check buzzer and polarity is good. I tried it today new LF412 and 7660s. Still nothing. Tomorrow I will try a new 40106.

    If it does not work after the new 40106 I will all unsolder and start from scratch.

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    check you buzzer
    cos buzzer have polarity + and - from buzzer connect to board

    Leave a comment:


  • Psyborg
    replied
    Check buzzer. Output A is 4.82V. Output B is 1.46V constant.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Do you see voltage change at output of Lf412 with metal in coil ?
    Piezo buzzer has polarity, check it is connected correctly

    Leave a comment:


  • Psyborg
    replied
    How to check if 40106 is working?

    Leave a comment:


  • Psyborg
    replied
    No but do not know what to do so i will change all IC on board. It would be nice if someone described the work of all integrated circuits on board.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X