Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bion View Post
    Hola a todos.
    PUEDO Terminar mi Baracuda Larga un bordo, Pero no Problemas Tengo, sin sonido heno 7660 se calienta en pocos seconds.I no saben cuál está los medios, por favor help.The fotos son upp.: Ceño fruncido:
    Please read the forum rules -> Basic Rules of the Forums
    and make your posts in English.

    Leave a comment:


  • bion
    replied
    Con google traductor .I terminado mi longboard Bracuda pero no tengo sonido y el 7660 se calienta en cuestión de segundos. Montaje a 9 voltios. Pido ayuda.:

    Leave a comment:


  • bion
    replied
    Con google traductor Bettei terminado mi longboard Bracuda pero no tengo sonido y el 7660 se calienta en cuestión de segundos. Montaje de la comida a 9 voltios. Pido ayuda.: Lol:

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by bion View Post
    Hola a todos.
    PUEDO Terminar mi Baracuda Larga un bordo, Pero no Problemas Tengo, sin sonido heno 7660 se calienta en pocos seconds.I no saben cuál está los medios, por favor help.The fotos son upp.: Ceño fruncido:
    oops

    Hello everyone.
    I CAN Finish my Baracuda Long a bordo, But I have problems without sound 7660 hay heats in a few seconds.I not know what is means, please help.The pictures are upp. Frown:

    Leave a comment:


  • bion
    replied
    Hola a todos.
    PUEDO Terminar mi Baracuda Larga un bordo, Pero no Problemas Tengo, sin sonido heno 7660 se calienta en pocos seconds.I no saben cuál está los medios, por favor help.The fotos son upp.: Ceño fruncido:

    Leave a comment:


  • bion
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_173832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	849.0 KB
ID:	339569Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_173840.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	854.0 KB
ID:	339570Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_173752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	761.9 KB
ID:	339571Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_173759.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	816.2 KB
ID:	339572Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_173827.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	918.9 KB
ID:	339573

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Deese View Post
    Maybe this one will last for a while,Ill order up some more. I see that a cd4069 is very similar,thats a chip used in a mine detector I have. Maybe I will slip one of those in there and see how it goes. I'm doing some mods on my barra after some success on another machine I have,I'll post the results.
    Hi Brian
    I think you just been unlucky and were supplied doggy chips
    If you kept with the original spec sheet on parts it should be reliable build.
    The only mod to date which I have done without spoiling the original design was to introduce a second external delay pot for fine tune, because on both builds I constructed the Delay setting was course for max sense together with a steady thresh hold.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    Maybe this one will last for a while,Ill order up some more. I see that a cd4069 is very similar,thats a chip used in a mine detector I have. Maybe I will slip one of those in there and see how it goes. I'm doing some mods on my barra after some success on another machine I have,I'll post the results.

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    there are some crap chips floating about on ebay and the like at the moment, i have some lovelly ceramic 40106's, if you can find them they make a difference at least they have in my barracudas, 90% of the time top end components make squat difference this barra on my bench is built with the best quality components i could source, and it really is more stable, i suppose you get what you pay for.
    i was going to leave a link to my supplier of mil/higher grade and obsolete components, but i asked him and he requested that i didn't, he actually said "i dont want hobbyists hoovering up my stock!" but he allways was a pompous twat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Deese View Post
    The chips I have must be junk,I replaced the voltage inverter and no change.I then swapped in every 40106 that I had and watched it on the scope first two were practically dead flat traces with bumps on them,second two worked the way I have described spikes and distorted pulses,and the last one I had fresh from the styrofoam pad untouched went in and made nice smooth pretty output.#8 has the front corner rounded off the pulse,I suppose that is it charging the capacitor to the base of the 2n2222 transistor.

    Glad you have made some progress


    nice you have updated the thread so others that have the same problem don't have to start from afresh

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    The chips I have must be junk,I replaced the voltage inverter and no change.I then swapped in every 40106 that I had and watched it on the scope first two were practically dead flat traces with bumps on them,second two worked the way I have described spikes and distorted pulses,and the last one I had fresh from the styrofoam pad untouched went in and made nice smooth pretty output.#8 has the front corner rounded off the pulse,I suppose that is it charging the capacitor to the base of the 2n2222 transistor.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    Yeah I tried a much larger cap across the supply rails and it did nothing,Ill try a smaller one as well. I am having a look at the 7660 this morning as well,as its the only other IC on the board. I noticed I have the 7660 on this board and I have been powering it with 12 volts,could be the problem. I have some tc7662a that I will change it out with,it will go to 18v input. I hope thats the problem,seems odd though that the +/- 5v supplies seem to be just fine and look clean on the scope. Im about to get to it,Ill let you know if I find anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • wakko
    replied
    You could try putting a 0.1uF cap across the supply rails close to the chip in order to protect it from spikes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Seem to remember someone else having a similar problem blowing ICs and spikes possibly on a different forum

    Can't remember if it was the Baracuda or Surf PI

    Can't find the thread tried googling too many options tried "high power" "spikes" "noise" "noisy" "power lines" "power rail"

    Seem to remember them changing the 7660 but don't remember if it fixed it for definite.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    The first one was an ST that came with the kit,the lot I bought on ebay are Texas Intruments.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X