Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Deese View Post
    My Baracuda is burning up cd40106 ic's. I had put it on a shelf a while back because the 40106 had died,and I have bought several to replace it. I got it out today and replaced it,looked on the scope and it was perfect,so i hooked up a coil and speaker and was playing around with it, and it died again.I pulled all the ic's and checked the volatge rails and grounds everything checks good. I put in a new 40106 and it works but all the pins but 7 and 14 the power pins are distorted,and have spikes on them none of the traces are clean like they were this morning. How do I troubleshoot this thing? I replaced the diodes d3,d4,and the cap c3 with no change,I checked the values of the other caps with the lcr meter and they are good. I have -5v on pin 7 and ground on pin 14,with the chip removed i have +5v on pins 1,3,5 just like the schematic says. Im lost at this point.
    Where did you buy the chips? what manufacture? could be doggy chips

    Leave a comment:


  • Brian Deese
    replied
    My Baracuda is burning up cd40106 ic's. I had put it on a shelf a while back because the 40106 had died,and I have bought several to replace it. I got it out today and replaced it,looked on the scope and it was perfect,so i hooked up a coil and speaker and was playing around with it, and it died again.I pulled all the ic's and checked the volatge rails and grounds everything checks good. I put in a new 40106 and it works but all the pins but 7 and 14 the power pins are distorted,and have spikes on them none of the traces are clean like they were this morning. How do I troubleshoot this thing? I replaced the diodes d3,d4,and the cap c3 with no change,I checked the values of the other caps with the lcr meter and they are good. I have -5v on pin 7 and ground on pin 14,with the chip removed i have +5v on pins 1,3,5 just like the schematic says. Im lost at this point.

    Leave a comment:


  • emoxristov
    replied
    thank you kt315

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    bf244...245 bfs72 2n3823 2n5245

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by emoxristov View Post
    Friends tell me analogue MPF102
    You as a manufacturer of metal detectors do not you know?

    Leave a comment:


  • emoxristov
    replied
    Friends tell me analogue MPF102

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Sorry, but I have to stop trying to figure out what you are doing (or doing wrong) before I lose my sanity, or what's left of it, anyway. No hurt intended, but truthfully, I think you are a maniac.
    maniac???

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by mohandes View Post
    thanks friend
    old friend (and my teacher ) Porkluvr leave me , and i dont know why ??(maybe i ask very stupid question to him and hi is angry , but i respect for him always and in FUTURE )
    maybe if i ask you you leave me too , but i should ask to understand , why my figure dont like wilson and have not over or under damping??
    regards

    Sorry, but I have to stop trying to figure out what you are doing (or doing wrong) before I lose my sanity, or what's left of it, anyway. No hurt intended, but truthfully, I think you are a maniac.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tepco
    replied
    Your coils have bit more inductance, 420-450uH, from your scope pic. delay of some 25-30uS is about expected for ordinary coil (not fast design). Try to reduce turn number, remove few turns, go to about 300uH. Rdump will be in 300-500Ohm range. This is why your coil waveform is different (somewhat slower)

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    2k2 is too high a value for the damping resistor. In your scope image you can see that it is ringing (rail-to-rail) due to being severely underdamped. Try fitting a 470R resistor, and you'll find a big difference.
    thanks friend
    old friend (and my teacher ) Porkluvr leave me , and i dont know why ??(maybe i ask very stupid question to him and hi is angry , but i respect for him always and in FUTURE )
    maybe if i ask you you leave me too , but i should ask to understand , why my figure dont like wilson and have not over or under damping??
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by mohandes View Post
    i say you before (2.2k ) when i put 2kohm my figure began to like this DS0010.bmp
    my coil is 0.7mmr
    regards
    2k2 is too high a value for the damping resistor. In your scope image you can see that it is ringing (rail-to-rail) due to being severely underdamped. Try fitting a 470R resistor, and you'll find a big difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    about damping R i do this :I remove the existing R and place a different resistor in its place.it is wrong ???

    We are not communicating effectively. Tell me again, what value R did you install?

    edit: Never mind. I quit. Goodbye.
    i say you before (2.2k ) when i put 2kohm my figure began to like this DS0010.bmp
    my coil is 0.7mmr
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    about damping R i do this :I remove the existing R and place a different resistor in its place.it is wrong ???

    We are not communicating effectively. Tell me again, what value R did you install?

    edit: Never mind. I quit. Goodbye.

    Leave a comment:


  • mohandes
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    You have not told anything of real value.

    "i added damping R" . That tells nothing. It leaves too many questions, such as: did you add R in parallel to the existing R, or did you remove the existing R and place a different resistor in its place? And here is my favorite: what VALUE R did you add?

    You have not explained your situation. How can somebody help you if you do not explain what you have done?

    What are your circuit's component values, at this time?

    This would also be useful: How did you wind the coil (wire size and type, number of turns, diameter, measured resistance). Be sure to subtract meter lead resistance from measured value.

    Do you have meter to measure inductance? If you do, what does it say?
    ok
    i have two coils
    420 UH 0.5mm and diameter is 29cm and 2ohm
    455 UH 0.7mm and diameter is 20 cm and 1ohm
    i do all measure before by 0.7mm coil
    about damping R i do this :I remove the existing R and place a different resistor in its place.it is wrong ???
    about the values i began 100ohm 2w to 2.2k 2w ( i have under 100ohm res too like 39 ohm 56 ohm and .... , and if you agree i can use 2.5k pot too but iam not sure )
    What are your circuit's component values, at this time?
    all thing same the original , i use mpsa25 and two bf245c and bf256( Q3 and i can use bf256b too ).Ics 7660 and 40106 and lf412( tl072 ,082 i have too ) ,use tip127(i have irf 9640 too ) , 2n2222 iron ( i have plastic too)

    if you have more data say to me , maybe help to us.
    i have more coils but i just past for you two number of them .if need pics say too me put it here
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    You have not told anything of real value.

    "i added damping R" . That tells nothing. It leaves too many questions, such as: did you add R in parallel to the existing R, or did you remove the existing R and place a different resistor in its place? And here is my favorite: what VALUE R did you add?

    You have not explained your situation. How can somebody help you if you do not explain what you have done?

    What are your circuit's component values, at this time?

    This would also be useful: How did you wind the coil (wire size and type, number of turns, diameter, measured resistance). Be sure to subtract meter lead resistance from measured value.

    Do you have meter to measure inductance? If you do, what does it say?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X