Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • johnandles
    replied
    OOPS...I reread the whole article,I answered my own question..The switch is for setting motion/non motion and sensitivity adjustment see post 75 and 141.
    Cheers
    john

    Leave a comment:


  • johnandles
    replied
    pin point

    Did anyone get the pin point switch to work?
    Cheers
    John

    Leave a comment:


  • Cesar
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    Hello Cesar,

    Do not understand... there is a threshold (tune) potentiometer in the Baracuda, however found that the 10k can be 15k or 22 k for better adjustment ?

    Best regards.
    Ap
    Hi again, today i took a better look at the schematics and i found the reason why i couldn´t have a good threshold(Tune) on the Surf board, reason was a confusion about 2 resistors on the board, now it is resolved and the board is tuned and works as expected, let me say that both have similar performances with the yellow 950 Pulse coil (zero Bouyancy).

    Cesar

    Leave a comment:


  • TH Jim
    replied
    Having had some free time to work on my Barra today I have managed to improve its performance to equal a surfPI. Still much to do. Will try some different coils when i next get some free time.

    Regards, Jim.

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Hi TH Jim. Why that is the end of this conversation? No need to get angry quickly we are young children. Agree with you to discuss technical issues. Viewed from the technical side of the Barracuda is a better detector by Surf (and easier to build a Barracuda). Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • TH Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by maikl View Post
    Hi TH Jim. Oh I understand you: you's a job (marketing)... Surf with a 20 cm coil detects 1 euro to 25cm - Barracuda detect at 30 cm (which is 17% better detection). Surf is envisaged that only works with headphones and not with the speaker - Barracuda has an excellent audio. The only thing Barracuda larger electricity consumers but worth it for those 17%... Do not understand me wrong : Surf is an excellent detector, but Barracuda is better. Best regards.
    No you do not understand me. I do not work in marketing or have any connection with any commercial metal detector metal detector manufacturer. All you have done is made a bunch of assumptions based on very little information.

    I do not understand you(and don't really care!). Why does it concern you how much knowledge other members of the forum have or what their prefered projects are and why do you feel the need to discuss this in a confrontational manner - we are here to discuss technical issues of metal detectors not peoples skill levels or work habits etc.

    I hope this is the end of this conversation.

    Regards James.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cesar
    replied
    Hi AP, if the Tune is the same as Treshold on this board...well it works very bad, i had the latest PI PRO but sold it last year and i can asure you that it works like the Barracuda´s Treshold, i´ve put the barracuda´s potentiometer threshold on the Surf PI ( same resistors values connected at the last Ampop stage) and it´s a diferent machine..., the audio volume is still a problem but i think that can be fixed with the original White's headphones.

    Cesar

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cesar View Post
    Hi AP, add one potentiometer for "threshold" like the PI Pro has, and then let me know your opinion ...

    Cesar

    Hello Cesar,

    Do not understand... there is a threshold (tune) potentiometer in the Baracuda, however found that the 10k can be 15k or 22 k for better adjustment ?

    Best regards.
    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • Cesar
    replied
    Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
    And so it is !

    Best regards.

    Ap
    Hi AP, add one potentiometer for "threshold" like the PI Pro has, and then let me know your opinion ...

    Cesar

    Leave a comment:


  • Morris_jo
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Do you mean you are waiting for a pre-built pcb ?
    I mean : Full Electronic Unit , Coils ,,, A detector ready to power on and Search the unknown !!

    I just have a question : is the frame 1m * 1m compatible with this PI ???


    Regrads .

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Originally posted by maikl View Post
    Hi TH Jim. Oh I understand you: you's a job (marketing)... Surf with a 20 cm coil detects 1 euro to 25cm - Barracuda detect at 30 cm (which is 17% better detection). Surf is envisaged that only works with headphones and not with the speaker - Barracuda has an excellent audio. The only thing Barracuda larger electricity consumers but worth it for those 17%... Do not understand me wrong : Surf is an excellent detector, but Barracuda is better. Best regards.

    And so it is !

    Best regards.

    Ap

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Hi TH Jim. Oh I understand you: you's a job (marketing)... Surf with a 20 cm coil detects 1 euro to 25cm - Barracuda detect at 30 cm (which is 17% better detection). Surf is envisaged that only works with headphones and not with the speaker - Barracuda has an excellent audio. The only thing Barracuda larger electricity consumers but worth it for those 17%... Do not understand me wrong : Surf is an excellent detector, but Barracuda is better. Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • TH Jim
    replied
    Hi TH Jim. I'm thinking about you:
    1. Do you not have enough knowledge for an easy and good project - Barracuda?
    2. Or goal is to be favoring another project (perhaps Whites Surf...)?
    Regards dr.jare.

    I'll let you wonder some more then

    Yes, my Barra works, but there is a difference between something that works and something that works the best it possibly can. It's called optimization!

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Originally posted by TH Jim View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I'm just about to start work again on my Barracuda after a break, I'm interested to know what components you guys omitted from the pin point circuit? I seem to have trouble with the threshold being skewed and wonder if this is the reason?

    Regards James.
    Hi TH Jim. I'm thinking about you:
    1. Do you not have enough knowledge for an easy and good project - Barracuda?
    2. Or goal is to be favoring another project (perhaps Whites Surf...)?
    Regards dr.jare.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Jim I built my Bara with all components just did not connect the pinpoint switch
    mine works 100%

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X