Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PI CHIP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mickstv
    replied
    Thanks moodz, That's pretty much what I was making my front end around. Once I get the chip and the rest is done i'll post some pix of the finished product.


    Mick

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    Superb! Thank you.
    Thanks WM ....this is for illustrative purposes ... the circuit has not been tested ....however this is a development forum after all
    Moodz

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Superb! Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    a "surf pi" front end for the UNIPI

    The UNIPI chip is not just for differential front ends .... here is a simple cut down "surf pi" front end .....

    there are only 4 connections required from the front end to the UNIPI chip.

    TX
    Sample 1
    Sample 2
    ADC in.

    For audio out just use a 1k resistor in series with 16 ohm headphones .... you will hear clicking like gieger counter with no target. Freq will increase with target.

    moodz

    Click image for larger version

Name:	unipisurf.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	329104

    Leave a comment:


  • mickstv
    replied
    Thanks for the info moodz.


    I think it will take about a week to finish up the frontend so everything should tie in ok. Then off to Rushworth to do some testing as this is the closest location for the golden stuff. Although Bendigo isn't much futher. But Rushworth is a good place to start because the ground is really noisy, ideal for testing.


    Mick

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by mickstv View Post
    Hi moodz, thanks PM sent. In the mean time i'll order a display and finish up the frontend electronics.




    Mick
    You cando everything from the serial port if you can't wait to hook up the LCD

    Leave a comment:


  • mickstv
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post
    PM your postal address and I'll drop one in the mail by end of week.
    moodz.

    Hi moodz, thanks PM sent. In the mean time i'll order a display and finish up the frontend electronics.




    Mick

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Rotary encoder and LCD spec docs.

    ....these are pretty much industry standard types but here are the ones I used with the UNIPI chip. ( got them from Farnell or Element14 as they are called now in OZ ).

    moodz.

    powertip16x2LCD.pdf
    rotaryQEIbournes.pdf

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by mickstv View Post
    Hi Moodz, any chance I can purchase one of the micro's programmed with the latest software from you, Or grab one to test with please.

    My location is on the mighty murray in vic.

    I'll wait for a reply and if it is a go i'll pm the details thanks.


    Cheers from Mick

    PM your postal address and I'll drop one in the mail by end of week.
    moodz.

    Leave a comment:


  • mickstv
    replied
    Hi Moodz, any chance I can purchase one of the micro's programmed with the latest software from you, Or grab one to test with please.

    My location is on the mighty murray in vic.

    I'll wait for a reply and if it is a go i'll pm the details thanks.


    Cheers from Mick

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by moscadondres View Post
    Can i buy one programmed chip v23 or better from France,thank you to tell me the total price;best regards,Andrew.

    Thanks for your interest ... if you PM your postal address to me I will send you one for free.
    Only condition is you provide your results so I can work out any bugs or add some more features.

    moodz.

    Leave a comment:


  • moscadondres
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post
    Hex file of v23 for your continued enjoyment.

    [ATTACH]15907[/ATTACH]
    Can i buy one programmed chip v23 or better from France,thank you to tell me the total price;best regards,Andrew.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    MooDz UNIPI v23 hex file

    Hex file of v23 for your continued enjoyment.

    Metal23Rel.hex.zip

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    UNIPI v23 sample pulse offset error.

    If you measure the sample pulse delay from the end of the TX pulse to the edge of sample 1 you will find there is a 4 us error in difference from the value dialed up on the LCD for sample 1.

    This is because of a fixed interrupt delay in the code before the S1 and S2 sample pulses initiate. Happily these delays are constant and will remain at 4 us ( unless I change the interrupt code ) ... there is no jitter in the timing and the error can be offset if it is known.

    moodz

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    s2 sample 2 LCD settings.

    Ok .... can you see why s2 is a narrower pulse ?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	s2on.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	329061
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s2off.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	329060

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X