Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gary's p1 circuit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by chemelec View Post

    Example: My Latest Circuit using a 555, Just posted yesterday is a Battery Desulfator/tester.


    Take care all...Gary
    Thank you, Garry. Excellent work as always from you.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by straton View Post
    OK, I am talking about pretty much the same schematic. Do not remember the coil though. Maybe Gary can clarify himself?
    Yes I did Design this myself, back in March of 2002.
    Yes there are Simularities to a few other PI's, But believe me or not as it is Not Possible for me to prove this one way or another.

    And as Devor said: "Many Pi Detectors have Simularities".

    Personally, I really like and use the 555's in many of my projects as they allow for a very simple ease of adjustment. Simpler than C-mos IC's.
    And I Don't do Digital at all.

    Example: My Latest Circuit using a 555, Just posted yesterday is a Battery Desulfator/tester.

    And yes you can find other battery desulfators that use a 555, but this one is Unique.

    Take care all...Gary

    Leave a comment:


  • straton
    replied
    OK, I am talking about pretty much the same schematic. Do not remember the coil though. Maybe Gary can clarify himself?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Could be. I know where to find a grandson though.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Is this the grandfather ?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by straton View Post
    ...Did he design the circuit?
    I'm kinda sure he adapted a regular monocoil for dual coil operation, and that's qualitatively a big bonus. There must be some other advancements here and there, but did he invent a PI circuit and principle - no. There are some grandfathers and distant cousins of nowadays circuits, and practically all of nowadays rigs are just small improvements on the original design. Even the SD2000 with it's "revolutionary" timing is just another small design improvement, in spite that it looks monstrous on the paper. To the better, of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by chemelec View Post
    Sorry I now have to do it this way for the PI Detector projects only.
    Previously, Too many persons were Substituting Parts or using Poor Quality Parts and/or making crappy PCB's.

    Than they expect me to help fix it.

    My Guarantee on this project is the I will offer as much assistance as possible, Even to the extent that I will repair it for FREE, Excluding Shipping Costs.

    By Buying the parts from me, at least I know they have the Correct and Good Quality Parts.

    Gary
    Theres something wrong with there expecter then, if they have not bought kit of parts from you just tell them in no uncertain terms to get on there bike.

    Leave a comment:


  • straton
    replied
    I am talking about gary's PI detector. The one that uses the 555 timers. My question is: Did he design the circuit?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Straton, please specify which one? All the PI detectors have very many details in common. OK, the complicated ones have a few more bells and whistles to make you believe they worth extra 3 or 4 thousands.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    His detector has been around quite some time.

    Maybe your talking about the HammerHead?

    It has some simularities.

    Leave a comment:


  • straton
    replied
    Hello everybody. I would like to know when did Gary design this PI detector? Reason: About 3 years ago, while searching for PI designs, I saw this very old PI schematic that was extremely similar to the Gary's design. Anyone???????

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    The worst deal s for items that barely exceed the notorious 22EUR limit (most of the small electronics stuff) because of flat rate charges for "services" and shipping.

    Yeah, it can work in case a friend sends me something - in such case there are no shipping costs expressed as a part of the order and it makes a big difference
    That is not why I said it would not cost too much, But I Can't explain it Here.
    It is TOO PUBLIC.
    Email me and I will tell you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    The worst deal s for items that barely exceed the notorious 22EUR limit (most of the small electronics stuff) because of flat rate charges for "services" and shipping.

    Yeah, it can work in case a friend sends me something - in such case there are no shipping costs expressed as a part of the order and it makes a big difference

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Hi Davor, Based on what you are saying about the aproximate 22 euros or $30USD, I Can't guarantee you wouldn't pay any tax or duty, But it definately would NOT cost you anywhere near Double the cost.
    Most Countries seem to be around $40.00 before tax and Duty.

    If you Email me, I can Explain Why it would not be so high of cost from me!

    Also, I only mail out by Canada Post, not DHL or other Couriers.
    Although DHL is Much Faster, sending by DHL from Canada is REALLY EXPENSIVE.
    Depending on Total Weight, A parcel to Crotia sent by Canada Post will cost $10 to $18 for Shipping.
    By DHL it will cost aproximately $80.00.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    There is a difference between personal import for me physically traversing a border, and mail orders. For mail shipments there is a rule to exempt customs on everything of value smaller than 160kn (~22EUR) but the limit is applied against combined shipment value+shipping cost. All shipments are taxed at 25% VAT.

    e.g. a small package at 120kn and 180kn shipping cost will cost me additional ~110kn customs and excise (+ handling costs if any, say DHL) ... at the end I can end up paying somewhere between 400-600kn for a puny package with original price at 120kn (or something like this)

    In a sense, it is much better for me to buy something big and make sure no parasites (DHL) charge any extra in a process.


    Yes, I am better off scrubbing PCB-s by hand and buying local components than ordering them overseas

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X