Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPR - project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seeker
    replied
    Originally posted by lamarc View Post
    I would like to build a gpr can you send me the info.I dont know why many people dont build one. [email protected]
    Hi, if you have enough patience to read all thread, you can estimate to do this GPR or not.You mast have some EE skill of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    The reason many people don't build one is because, like metal detectors, there aren't many good schematics on how to build the unit itself. Then you have a fair sized software program that has to be written and put onto a flash chip or laptop to interpret the data. GPR is much more involved than anything like a metal detector.
    What I am working on, is more like a metal detector, but still requires a small algorithym program installed on a flash chip for simple identification of gems. And it is still in research stages.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamarc
    replied
    GPR SEEKER

    I would like to build a gpr can you send me the info.I dont know why many people dont build one. [email protected]

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Gem Searcher View Post
    Seeker
    I have been doing searches in THz and have found mounds of material to investigate. I believe you have put me onto just what I have been looking for. It might be good to communicate by email at this point.

    GS
    Ok. I sent you my address.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    Seeker
    I have been doing searches in THz and have found mounds of material to investigate. I believe you have put me onto just what I have been looking for. It might be good to communicate by email at this point.

    GS

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    I agree with Seeker. Your pics show that you have constructed a very good portable GPR. But the magnetic current that would be required for it to be an effective MRI with the images you show, would yank anything with the slightest bit of iron or nickel right off of you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    The NMR technology require very strong magnetic field , for 20m range the intensity of magnetic field will be so strong ,that will destroy NMR unit I think at this patent only the name is NMR

    Leave a comment:


  • Valchev
    replied
    May be will be interesting: European Patent EP0512345 "Method and apparatus for one sided magnetic resonance imaging"

    Accordingly, it is an object of the present invention to provide a method and apparatus for performing nuclear magnetic resonance imaging of a volume of observation from one side of the sample volume.

    It is another object of the present invention to provide a method and apparatus for performing nuclear magnetic resonance imaging in geological applications.

    It is a further object of the present invention to provide a method and apparatus for performing nuclear magnetic resonance imaging of the earth removed to one side of the apparatus.

    It is a further object of the present invention to provide a nuclear magnetic resonance imaging technique which can detect nuclear magnetic resonances over 20 meters from the receiver coils.

    It is another object of the present invention to provide a high speed method and apparatus for nuclear magnetic resonance imaging from one side of the volume under observation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    For UWB-based unit I have not equipment. Somewhere I found that molecular resonance can be reach at terahertz waves, between 500 to 10 micron.
    This theme is very interesting, I have some books writen in early XX century;but after '50 years ,these books had stamp TOP SECRET and there are no more information about distant anlysis.
    In our days some frauds produce and sell LRL or GPL , but there are nothing theoretically substantiated or working units.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    Just bouncing ideas here. Wondering how uwb might work? Directed? Pulsed with a variable receiver circuit. Low watt so as to prevent interference with local rf receivers.

    For molecular resonance, would probably need a high gain helical receiver(x4) into an amplifier circuit. Use a center target pattern on a 2.5 x 2.5 cm display.

    For software purposes, use a flash bios chip, so that the software could be changed as necessary.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gem Searcher
    replied
    I've been looking into the molecular magnetic resonance freq. of various minerals and elements. I have found a reference of these based on 100MHz testing. But I think it was with a contact probe. Can't seem to find any units premade for this though. At least not one that doesn't take a small house to hold it.

    For gpr purposes, I am wondering if these resonant freqs. can be found using 900Mhz. Or perhaps 3Ghz.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Hi Gem Searcher, it is very big challenge to develop gem detector, I don't know about similar detectors.
    In this thread I consider one type of GPR, where sweeping frequency is used to define distace to target.But target can be metal,stone or something reflected RF-waves.
    In your sugestion have some new ideas to search.
    So ,to develop this unit I need to make many investigations in gems and theirs properties.

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Glad to find this forum

    I am really glad to find this thread on GPR research. I have been trying to do research to find a way to make a GPR unit that can detect gems and other elementals. I too have reasoned that resonant frequencies should be used so as to be able to customize the unit to individual elements and stones such as quartz, peridote, garnet, and others.

    My search parameters for such elements only require that I search down to about 2m for any of them. Also require that the unit be more or less handheld like a common metal detector. And that it will only home in on one element at a time and show depth by the use of a comparitor circuit. Perhaps with some more research and eventual experimentation, a unit that would identify 2-5 different elements in the same scan could be developed. I would like to hone the sensitivity to the point where it would register on gems of 1/4 carat size and larger, at least to a depth of 1m.

    Any help, suggestions and cooperative analysis is greatly appreciated. You will find me later, as soon as I get approval, under the name Gem Searcher.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Originally posted by stepegold View Post
    Lets say you get the gpr built, What about the software?
    So, what you think about the hardware interfaces between GPR and laptop?

    Leave a comment:


  • Seeker
    replied
    Originally posted by stepegold View Post
    Lets say you get the gpr built, What about the software?
    Hi , I am EE, not programer. I develop two types of GPR , first without software, only RGB LED's to indicate passing conditions; second with software on laptop, GPS, wheel , geodetic level and compas .
    The first is for low level skills EE or amateurs, the second is profesional unit for underground work.
    If you read all thread , you can understand principle of work .

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X