Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
GPR - project
Collapse
X
-
-- switch for gpr or magnetometer ,transmitter receiver 2.5ghz
software = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RM...U&spfreload=10 ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKP6...U&spfreload=10
-
... GPR ... a very interesting subject .. but how to investigate on the cheap ???Originally posted by Overtheedge View PostWell, read all the posts and I just don't see it happening. Among the reasons there is lack of knowledge and experience with UHF/microwave construction and design.
Might I suggest you find a ham operator active on the microwave bands. Most of us build or modify our equipment.
No matter what approach you use, you are stuck with physics. Low freq gets ground penetration, but no resolution. High freq just the opposite.
Forget inexpensive Gunn devices as they are real low power and don't hold up well to high power pulsed work. Impatt diodes are probably a better choice as they use higher voltages ergo less amperage per watt. The X-band Impatt module I have on the rack uses about 100VDC compared to the 7-8VDC my Gunnplexers use.
Nothing wrong with direct conversion aka homodyne receivers.
You might consider the guts from a recording fish-finder as the display device. With a few changes, the pulse timing circuit could be used for triggering the transmitter.
-----------------------
Look, I have no doubt you folks know metal detectors. That is why I read your posts; to learn from you. My electronics background is military RF communications repair and amateur radio.
So you might wanna use your MD knowledge and make a UHF/microwave metal detector using the same concepts as a mix of PI and RF. You'll need to learn some stuff about how RF acts at UHF/microwave frequencies: ie. even the PCB traces are frequency determining devices either as a tuned circuit or chokes. Often when you don't want them to be.
The Radio Society of Great Britain has some great books available on microwave design and construction. There are several amateur radio vhf-microwave societies in the US that publish annual proceedings with lots of neat stuff.
Oh, and don't forget that the US military (and probably NATO and the old Soviet Union) has/had UHF metal detectors. The schematics are available. The ones I'm familiar with, AN/PRS-7, (first hitch in army was field radio repair, second was combat engineer aka sapper) detected voids that were indicative of the old soviet non-metallic box mines.
My only experience with radar was the old AN/PPS-5 ground surveillance radar. It was doppler only and a real dog. Used a pencil triode for RF. A simple gunnplexer could do the same job better and cheaper.
If you are interested in the AN/PRS-7, the tech manual was on the web; TM 5-6665-293-13.
I'm NOT the MD expert. You guys are compared to me. But I am pretty good at RF from DC to 24GHz. But most of my test equipment poops out at 12.4GHZ.
Oh well. Consider this post an opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
eric
only need say from 300 Mhz to 1.5 Ghz anything else wont penetrate the ground or lack resolution.
.. ha ha ... ebay has everything you need.
RX is the hardest bit ... but wait ... theres one for less than $10 and does 24 Mhz to 1.8 Ghz
How cheap is that ?
and the software is open source and free !!! ( needs a little bit of coding on your part )
This is a wide band radio with I Q sampling ( so you can detect phase ) and you can run lots of them off the same computer through USB bus.
The TX is simple compared ...
GPR EMISSION CHARACTERISTICS
The FAA tested a GPR with six interchangeable antennas that are centered on frequencies 300, 400, 500, 900, 1000, and 1500 MHz.
The GPR tested produces a signal with a specified pulse rate of 85 kHz peak and a specified 64 kHz average pulse rate. A transmitter is contained within the housing of each antenna. The largest antenna (300 MHz model) has the following emission characteristics (as provided by the GPR operator’s manual):
Radiated peak power: 1.0 watt
Radiated average power: 0.20 watts
Approximate radiated average power per MHz: 0.65 Microwatt/MHz
Approximate center frequency: 300 MHz
Approximate pulse duration: 3 nanoseconds
Approximate bandwidth +/- 50%. (i.e. +/- 50% x 300 MHz = +/-150 MHz. Total 10 dB bandwidth of 300 MHz.)
There ... I have done the heavy lifting for you .. only needs polishing.
Come on you gurus .. what can you do ?
moodzAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
GPR home
GPR technology requires a deep understanding of the engineering principles involved, and you should be able to design equipment that meets your purposes. The cost and quality are difficult obstacles to overcome to make a home GPR. Radiation is a dangerous element in this appliance.
home design
You can remove a magnetron oscillator and a microwave generator and place it in a waveguide with the size that provides the required wavelength, as well as width and depth. Fed with a car alternator or other generator type antenna can be used as receiver and transmitter. The receiver must connect to the GPR software on a computer or a tablet by a analog to digital converter.
Leave a comment:
-
No, no, no!
Believe me, it's still very early.
For many years I taught GIS operators and create programs. If the @$$ to give the coolest PC with the most clever software, nothing good will come of it.
Leave a comment:
-
With a chirp radar you may drop components 2 and 3, but don't tell anyone
Leave a comment:
-
Modern GPR is a complex of three components - radar, computer & specialized software and a competent & experienced operator.
From this complex it is impossible to drop any components.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm not sure GPR is optimal technology for mining. If it goes deeper than 10m and if it involves similar materials, you'll hardly find anything with GPR.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks, Mr Davor!
But do you have any one that you could propose me? It's about a mining project, so something that can give me a good idea of the subsurface, I mean helping me save time by leading me to the right place where the products are located, when it will be matter of drilling.
Leave a comment:
-
First and foremost - a high contrast display for direct sunlight conditions. Of course it must actually work, but that's not what you had on mind.
Stay away from gadgets you need to tweak on the go, as those are just distracting. Also make sure you are comfortable with the mode of transferring measured data for later use - if any.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi, everybody!
I have a little question ... What are, in your opinion, the characteristics of a good GPR? And why? The fact is that I find myself in need of buying one for a project, but I have some doubts, as you have experiences in this area I think you can help me.
Thank you!
I look ...
Leave a comment:
-
Could be useful...
.......the sampler of the videoplus georadar...............
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Dear colleagues! There Is a continuation at this remarkable on the simplicity and originality of project P.Stephens (http://letitbit.net/download/48235.4...ens.pdf.html)? It would be desirable to learn about the program of reception and decoding of the data received from system, executed on PSoC CY8C27443. With deep respect NIKOLLS.
Leave a comment:
-
Auftragssucher, I am working with Krasimir and Anton on a shielded 400 MHz antenna system and cart. I am using a modified self grounding bowtie antenna that has 6-7 db of gain and the enclosure uses both lossy foam and ferrite tile absorbers. Please let me know the best way to contact you directly. I am located in Arizona. Karl
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: