Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPR - project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Auftragssucher
    replied
    EASYRAD GPR V2

    Originally posted by gadgetmaker View Post
    Why don't you guys just bu an EASYRAD unit for 2700EURO; it looks like a good unit for the money.......
    It IS an good device! I tested it several times and it makes a good Job! And it is absolutely affordable! Look here: www.easyrad.de (German Website!) and here the last test-results: http://easyrad.de/pages/produktdaten/testberichte.php

    Leave a comment:


  • gadgetmaker
    replied
    Why don't you guys just bu an EASYRAD unit for 2700EURO; it looks like a good unit for the money.......

    Leave a comment:


  • zixelll
    replied
    Hello friends who completed the circuit with its software has the gpr Thank you so much for sending me [email protected]

    Leave a comment:


  • Overtheedge
    replied
    Well, read all the posts and I just don't see it happening. Among the reasons there is lack of knowledge and experience with UHF/microwave construction and design.

    Might I suggest you find a ham operator active on the microwave bands. Most of us build or modify our equipment.

    No matter what approach you use, you are stuck with physics. Low freq gets ground penetration, but no resolution. High freq just the opposite.

    Forget inexpensive Gunn devices as they are real low power and don't hold up well to high power pulsed work. Impatt diodes are probably a better choice as they use higher voltages ergo less amperage per watt. The X-band Impatt module I have on the rack uses about 100VDC compared to the 7-8VDC my Gunnplexers use.

    Nothing wrong with direct conversion aka homodyne receivers.

    You might consider the guts from a recording fish-finder as the display device. With a few changes, the pulse timing circuit could be used for triggering the transmitter.
    -----------------------
    Look, I have no doubt you folks know metal detectors. That is why I read your posts; to learn from you. My electronics background is military RF communications repair and amateur radio.

    So you might wanna use your MD knowledge and make a UHF/microwave metal detector using the same concepts as a mix of PI and RF. You'll need to learn some stuff about how RF acts at UHF/microwave frequencies: ie. even the PCB traces are frequency determining devices either as a tuned circuit or chokes. Often when you don't want them to be.

    The Radio Society of Great Britain has some great books available on microwave design and construction. There are several amateur radio vhf-microwave societies in the US that publish annual proceedings with lots of neat stuff.

    Oh, and don't forget that the US military (and probably NATO and the old Soviet Union) has/had UHF metal detectors. The schematics are available. The ones I'm familiar with, AN/PRS-7, (first hitch in army was field radio repair, second was combat engineer aka sapper) detected voids that were indicative of the old soviet non-metallic box mines.

    My only experience with radar was the old AN/PPS-5 ground surveillance radar. It was doppler only and a real dog. Used a pencil triode for RF. A simple gunnplexer could do the same job better and cheaper.

    If you are interested in the AN/PRS-7, the tech manual was on the web; TM 5-6665-293-13.

    I'm NOT the MD expert. You guys are compared to me. But I am pretty good at RF from DC to 24GHz. But most of my test equipment poops out at 12.4GHZ.

    Oh well. Consider this post an opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
    eric

    Leave a comment:


  • ali_cmi
    replied
    I read the whole thread but being a Bachelors student, I got about 20 % of them. If you have any idea about it then please share.

    Here's what I posted in several forums in search for answers. It explains what I require.

    Thanks for replying.

    "Hello,
    I am a final year student of BEE Telecom. I chose my Final Year Project to design a Transmitter and Receiver for GPR. GPR has already been developed in my institute. It uses VNA (Vector Network Analyzer) as its source.

    Some features of that project are:
    -> Double-Ridged Horn Antenna
    -> Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) with UWB source (VNA) in Mono-synthetic mode
    -> Only s11 (first parameter of s-parameters) was measured by VNA
    -> 2.4 GHz center frequency with 1 GHz Bandwidth---a pulse with 1 ns duration transmitted by a Stepped-freqeuncy transmitter
    -> Tx and Rx are in VNA
    -> Only Return Loss measurements are observed
    -> Data from VNA is processed in Matlab to create a rough image of observed reflections

    I hope the data above is enough for you to get the idea. I have just started working in the project

    Since VNA is a multipurpose device and the already-implemented project used it to find S11 only, I chose this project to introduce portability in GPR. (VNA available in my institute is bulky)

    In short, my goal is to develop a Tx and Rx which function as the VNA does; thus introducing portability.

    The problem is that I have no idea where to begin. I need a head start. I need to develop complete understanding of how the Stepped-Frequency Transmitter (used in already-developed project) and compatible receiver works and I have to develop the whole system without changing other features like antenna, codes etc.

    Please guide me and point me in the right direction.

    Regards. "

    Leave a comment:


  • tjmlena
    replied
    Im the only one here looking to make a cheap GPR. Arround $3000 or less.........

    More research to be done, but there are various interesting options.

    Nice to hear you.


    tj

    Leave a comment:


  • ali_cmi
    replied
    anyone?

    Leave a comment:


  • ali_cmi
    replied
    Is this post alive?

    Leave a comment:


  • tjmlena
    replied
    uwb radar kits:: http://www.novelda.no/content/nva-r641

    Leave a comment:


  • tjmlena
    replied
    Watch this link:


    Ettus Research specializes in software defined radio (SDR) systems. The USRP platform addresses a wide range of RF applications from DC to 8 GHz.


    USRP boards https://www.ettus.com/product/category/Daughterboards


    Can this boards save a lot of work to make a GPR device??

    Leave a comment:


  • shansov
    replied
    guys send somebody a scheme project [email protected] Thank you all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dest
    replied
    gradiometer

    epitopios , i am interested to build for me device with gradiometer , can you send me information regarding your work to my email - [email protected], just not to mess with GPR thread here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dest
    replied
    Originally posted by epitopios View Post
    I like too !
    I am wondering too !
    I want to participate too !
    any others too ?????
    friendly , epitopios

    So i thing first we must ask (gently) Seeker to participate again .

    Leave a comment:


  • epitopios
    replied
    participate team !!!!

    Originally posted by Dest View Post
    Hello everybody, i like the home-made-GPR idea. I read all the thread and i am wondering why for 3 years there are no complete project? So, i am serious and i want to participate in such project with all of my knowledge and skills. Any others?
    I like too !
    I am wondering too !
    I want to participate too !
    any others too ?????
    friendly , epitopios

    Leave a comment:


  • Dest
    replied
    Hello everybody, i like the home-made-GPR idea. I read all the thread and i am wondering why for 3 years there are no complete project? So, i am serious and i want to participate in such project with all of my knowledge and skills. Any others?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X