Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TP2 at 7V

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Are you sure you're measuring with reference to TP10 (0V)?

    Also, I guess you meant to say "coplanar coil".
    George I thought I was getting 5V from tp2 with tp10 but I looked again and I am still getting 7V, I flipped the board and went around every solder joint but still same 7V it was working fine before but 2 extra Volts is still two too many, Any idea's?

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    Everything else checked out , a bit of resistance on the control leg of the 78L05 could cause the voltage to go up. Check Solder joints.
    Thank you for your help Homefire, Turns out its fine, I was just not taking the correct reference points But thanks nonetheless.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Are you sure you're measuring with reference to TP10 (0V)?

    Also, I guess you meant to say "coplanar coil".
    George to the rescue once again d'oh! how did I missed that! yes indeed when I reference TP2 to using TP10 I do indeed get the 5V loll Thanks. Coplanar! Complainer! lol lets pretend they are both one and the same hahah I Got my handbook In the mail today, I ll be reading tonight ! Nice quality guys i'm glad I finally decided to get it.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Everything else checked out , a bit of resistance on the control leg of the 78L05 could cause the voltage to go up. Check Solder joints.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    Hi guru's , quick question, I built the mmp D version a while ago and been using it with a fast coil, Now I wanted to make a complainer coil for It, So I pulled the board from its case and set it up on the bench to better adjust it when the coil is done, mean while, I was poking around with Scope and multimeter , I notice im Getting +7 volts on Tp2 and other spots that I should be getting 5V, has anyone had this issue or perhaps the 78l05 is going bad?? Any clues gentlemen.
    Are you sure you're measuring with reference to TP10 (0V)?

    Also, I guess you meant to say "coplanar coil".

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    started a topic TP2 at 7V

    TP2 at 7V

    Hi guru's , quick question, I built the mmp D version a while ago and been using it with a fast coil, Now I wanted to make a complainer coil for It, So I pulled the board from its case and set it up on the bench to better adjust it when the coil is done, mean while, I was poking around with Scope and multimeter , I notice im Getting +7 volts on Tp2 and other spots that I should be getting 5V, has anyone had this issue or perhaps the 78l05 is going bad?? Any clues gentlemen.
Working...
X