Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPP beach rev-e problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hrthomas
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190309_205158.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	825.9 KB
ID:	353518

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Hrthomas View Post
    I did the step by step, but in step 7 i did not noticed the voltage drop, i just noticed a change in voltage and moved on. Yes i have an oscilloscope..
    That's good.
    Can you post an image of the pre-amp output at TP3?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hrthomas
    replied
    I did the step by step, but in step 7 i did not noticed the voltage drop, i just noticed a change in voltage and moved on. Yes i have an oscilloscope..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Hrthomas View Post
    Hi
    I have finished my rev-e build, but when testing it I get a constant high sound from speaker, and when i put a item over my coil it dissapears, so for me it looks like the signal is reversed or something?
    On step 7 the voltage drops when i put something over the coil.. I have meassured my coil, and it is 409uh (mono coil)
    all the other meassurement looks ok..
    Did you read the part in the Build Document where its says:

    As stated in previous revisions, if you go through the following steps carefully, and in order, you
    will have a greater chance of ending up with a detector that actually works. Please do not proceed to
    the next step until you have solved any problems encountered in the current step.
    If you get stuck at
    any stage during the build, then seek help in the Geotech forums before moving on. Do not simply
    populate the whole board; discover it doesn't work (which will be the most likely result) and then
    post in the forums: "I've built the Minipulse Plus, and it's not working. What's wrong?” .... as you
    will receive little sympathy from other Geotech members. You have been warned!


    I'm asking this question because you shouldn't have been able to get past Step 7 (without seeking help) if the voltage did not increase when a metal target was placed near the coil.
    Also, do you have access to an oscilloscope?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hrthomas
    started a topic MPP beach rev-e problem

    MPP beach rev-e problem

    Hi
    I have finished my rev-e build, but when testing it I get a constant high sound from speaker, and when i put a item over my coil it dissapears, so for me it looks like the signal is reversed or something?
    On step 7 the voltage drops when i put something over the coil.. I have meassured my coil, and it is 409uh (mono coil)
    all the other meassurement looks ok..
Working...
X