Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMT Bandito Info/Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Koala
    replied
    started on the capacitors did not reilise they were all different sizes so will have to start again

    can't find the 10uf on the board

    on the board there are two over the RX but on the schematics there is only one.

    have you recieved your board yet. Transistor that's on the CD4024 has very small pads might have to find a different transistor for it

    C14-8.2pf :0805
    C13-10pf :1206
    C10-22pf C18-22pf
    C16-39pf :0805
    C9-100pf :0805
    C12-180pf :0805
    C22-10nf C2 4-10nf C23-10nf :1206
    C32-22nf C33-22nf :1206
    C15-33nf :through 5mm
    C2-47nf :through 5mm TX coil
    C19-100nf C21-100nf C20-100nf C34-100nf C36-100nf C25-100nf C28-10nf C29-10nf C35-10nf :1206
    C17-220nf :1206
    C1-470nf :through 5 TX COIL
    C37-0.47Uf C31-0.47Uf C30-0.47Uf :1206
    C38-4.7Uf C39-4.7Uf :through 2mm
    C7-10Uf
    C4-100UF C5-100UF C42-100UF :through 3.5
    C6-220Uf C8-220Uf :through 3.5

    C3-??
    C11-??
    C26-??
    C27-??
    C40-??

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Cool. Good work! Thanks for setting that up for us. I might get 4 sets.
    I have a lot of the parts but they are "only" 1% and I'm not sure if thin or thick film.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    updated the parts list now includes all the IC's with the best specs I could find ie lowest offset, lowest current

    non motion all metal mode interested me also as I normally hunt in all metal and switch to disc when over the target seem to miss less that way plus I can hear via the threshold tone when I am near an occupation area.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Some of the depth problem could be related to the 5V used for the transmitter. If you noticed I sent the battery voltage
    over there to allow a second regulator to isolate the transmitter but you could also use 9V for it to gain some depth.

    I might try running the
    TGSL on +-12V to see how much difference a bigger supply makes too. The +5V -3V may loose some depth too.

    The Bandito is very similar to TGSL and Tesoro called the Umax II a deeper design though we don't have schematics
    from each one to see how it evolved.

    I like the non motion PP myself. I may experiment with allowing a slower search speed too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    "I'm not sure I will even have more boards made as no one seems interested in building some. I
    probably have enough boards around to do what I need..."

    Does not have the following on here as the TGS.


    Bandido does not have the "air" depth of some of the more modern machines. Pretty sure much of it is psychological and the grass is greener on the other side. People who have had them even pay over the odds to replace with a secondhand one after playing with the latest bells and whistles detector.

    I went on a rally recently with my IDX did better than most so nothing wrong with old tech.

    Your new layout looks clean

    I can give you write privileges to the parts list and we can both work with the same list but don't know if it will work with US/UK difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Now that's what I'm talking about! 0.5% and dirt cheap. gotta love it! Mouser is the best!

    Here's some pics of the Dual Layout, it's my first try at board layout it's kinda fun, like a puzzle.
    I still have the original, original with mods, with mods and SmD caps and this monster;

    Click image for larger version

Name:	WholeFront.gif
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	340400

    Click image for larger version

Name:	WholeBack.gif
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	340401

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    I like Mouser good prices! I didn't know you could share a project. I wonder if you can add two projects together?
    I'd like to be able to reorder the same parts again later if I get more boards. Can you order multiples of a project?

    I took a copy of that board and am comparing it to our board looking for mistakes + improvements.
    Yes you can order multiples of a project there is a quantity box not sure but as you can have several different project name can't see there being a problem in combining. Pretty sure you just pull down the other project name and hit buy and it would list both

    Now we are on 0805 they have all but the 2.7M resistors as thin film all but two @ .5% and 25ppm/c and most are £0.06 and the others are only a few pence more no more silly prices in 0805 size

    Few mistakes in it but see if this works

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    I like Mouser good prices! I didn't know you could share a project. I wonder if you can add two projects together?
    I'd like to be able to reorder the same parts again later if I get more boards. Can you order multiples of a project?

    I took a copy of that board and am comparing it to our board looking for mistakes + improvements.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Going to start again using Mouser for the cheaper posting.

    Just signed up with them and they have an option to share a project

    Did you see the all SMT Bandido board at the end of the MD4U thread looks good think it's also proven to work if I remember corectly

    Leave a comment:


  • Silver Dollar
    replied
    Oops Sorry I had answered about the 0805's being OK to use but my response didn't show up
    (I had some internet problems yesterday).

    Thanks for the ordering info. I was able to get the basket with all the parts in it but it's in
    british pounds and I'm not sure if it will change it when I order? I have many of the parts
    to build the Bandito but I am also building a TGSL SMT at the same time so I think I will install
    all the parts I have and then see what I'm missing. I found some SMD 4066's today but will
    have to order at least some chips and possibly caps and pots.

    I tweaked the layout a bit yesterday and changed all the through-hole caps to SMT. It was tough
    as not much room was left. I was hoping to add the second channels to the back of the board
    to make the Dual Bandito but it's a bit complicated. I may have to start all over to be able to do that.

    I'm not sure I will even have more boards made as no one seems interested in building some. I
    probably have enough boards around to do what I need...

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Which means we can can go back to Mouser as they have thick film 0805 at £0.05 each and have cheaper shipping

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    0805's seem to be more prevalent. I think they might work as this show they are close in size;

    1206 3.0x1.5
    0805 2.0x1.3

    Ebay has a wider selection of these...

    I have some pcb's and some of each type I'll take a look and see if it's workable...
    According to this site 0805 are a perfect fit and 2.0 mm × 1.3 mm is the size of the component

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Koala View Post
    working through the IC's



    is 7mV @ 5V the best spec

    all other specs are pretty much the same except for the Current - Output (Typ)
    Assuming I am right on the above using the best in stock IC's

    296-14258-1-ND IC COUNTER/DIVIDER BINRY 14-SOIC 0.29000 £0.29
    LM2931AD-5.0R2GOSCT-ND IC REG LDO 5V 0.1A 8SOIC 0.45000 £0.45
    296-26732-1-ND IC OPAMP GP 730KHZ RRO 8SOIC 1.31000 £3.93
    296-14475-1-ND IC QUAD BILATERAL SWITCH 14-SOIC 0.29000 £0.29
    LM393DRCT-ND IC COMPARATOR DUAL 0.8MA 8-SOIC 0.47000 £0.94
    MC33178DR2GOSCT-ND IC OPAMP GP 5MHZ 8SOIC 0.60000 £1.20

    Subtotal resistors plus IC's £10.30
    Shipping £12.0


    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    working through the IC's



    is 7mV @ 5V the best spec

    all other specs are pretty much the same except for the Current - Output (Typ)

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    This are 1% thick film

    total at the end of each line include muli purchases

    RMCF1206FT20R0CT-ND RES 20 OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.04
    RMCF1206FT100RCT-ND RES 100 OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.04
    RMCF1206FT150RCT-ND RES 150 OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.08
    RMCF1206FT200RCT-ND RES 200 OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.04
    RMCF1206FT1K00CT-ND RES 1K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.24
    P1.20KFCT-ND RES 1.2K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.07
    311-2.20KFRCT-ND RES 2.20K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.14
    RMCF1206FT4K70CT-ND RES 4.7K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.08
    P5.10KFCT-ND RES 5.1K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.35
    RMCF1206FT10K0CT-ND RES 10K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.32
    RMCF1206FT12K0CT-ND RES 12K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.04
    RMCF1206FT20K0CT-ND RES 20K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.32
    P27.0KFCT-ND RES 27K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.07
    P47.0KFCT-ND RES 47K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.28
    311-82.0KFRCT-ND RES 82.0K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.07
    RMCF1206FT100KCT-ND RES 100K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.29
    RMCF1206FT150KCT-ND RES 150K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.04
    RMCF1206FT200KCT-ND RES 200K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.20
    311-430KFRCT-ND RES 430K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.07
    RMCF1206FT470KCT-ND RES 470K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.04
    RMCF1206FT620KCT-ND RES 620K OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.08
    RMCF1206FT1M00CT-ND RES 1M OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 £0.16
    311-2.70MFRCT-ND RES 2.70M OHM 1/4W 1% 1206 SMD £0.14
    Subtotal £3.20
    Shipping £12.00

    I think we can share a basket information hope it flips to the USA try this http://www.digikey.co.uk/short/5mp92

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X