If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thank you CDI, I will try SMT Bandido, but later. In 2010 I had made Bandido DIP, from a German forum with 2 pcb. It is working, in all metall mode I can reach only 33 cm.
But I had problem with discrimination, I was not able to found the mistake. So in my opinion TGSL is better.
Cant sleep and wondering...
Are you winding coil like me? Or im make a stupid mistake
Orange is my coil for now oposite winding when i flip left coil, I make only one former, did this have any effect with my problems?
That's a good question. Both anti clockwise. But I always change the wires, as long I get the best result....so I am not sure, sorry.
I maked my tgsl 3.0 version in 1206 size capacitors and resistors. Easy to soldering without any special tools. But, i failed in tracing lines on first pcb, now i maked new but not tested. I have bandido files if u are interested. Coil is same as tgsl, some parts are little hard to find in local shops, like TLC2262 and MC33178. But i bought from China realy cheap.
Yes CDI, I am interested in Bandido, please post the link or proper files! Thank you.
Cant sleep and wondering...
Are you winding coil like me? Or im make a stupid mistake
Orange is my coil for now oposite winding when i flip left coil, I make only one former, did this have any effect with my problems?
I maked my tgsl 3.0 version in 1206 size capacitors and resistors. Easy to soldering without any special tools. But, i failed in tracing lines on first pcb, now i maked new but not tested. I have bandido files if u are interested. Coil is same as tgsl, some parts are little hard to find in local shops, like TLC2262 and MC33178. But i bought from China realy cheap.
Right, now I have 45 cm in air for 1€, I hope in soil it will be fine too. Thank you for your suggestions CDI.
I realy like to make some experiments, by changing parts, to see what happens. So I will try your last suggestions too.
Btw, SMT I realy like, also without professionel equipment, you can get a good result, if you use parts not smaller than size 0805.
QUOTE=CDI;220016]You can pump gain by increasing R29 and R31 from 470K to 1M.
Also, here is Musky example...
[ATTACH]36894[/ATTACH]
Well, I builded the musketeer osc. on bread board, also the osc. from S.M.W. detector. I adapted LC circuit with 22 nF for 14,5 kHz, but the wave forms are not realy different.
Anyway I am satisfied with my one transistor osc. in pcb, I changed R1 from 2k2 to 1k and R3 to 51K7 (47 and 4k7), now I have 20V p-p and a nice wave form.
Also I increased R29 and R31 from 470K to 1M and I was realy surprised, now detection is increased about 4-5 cm. So time for me, to put all in my homemade plastic box and hope, to test soon in the field.
Changed resistors are marked with yellow. Now should all parts be as in my board.
my workingTGSL update.zip[[/QUOTE]
Well, i'm glad that my suggestion works good, but field. Now your detection distance for coins should be 45 cm for 1 euro coin size? I remember last time u said it was 40.
Here is litle more what u can try... Look at schematic, this is Eduardo1979 version, TGSL EDU. Some things are changed, 10 uF elco's to 22, R48 and R51 from 220K to 200K.
But, here is one machine which is very similiar to TGSL but a bit stronger, Tesoro Bandido.If u are good on conversion from smt to dip, should be nice for experimenting. I had one factory model many years ago, it was real beast if u pump voltage and make bigger coil. Without any changes, u can go more than 35 cm with 8" polo coil.
QUOTE=CDI;220016]You can pump gain by increasing R29 and R31 from 470K to 1M.
Also, here is Musky example... [/QUOTE]
Well, I builded the musketeer osc. on bread board, also the osc. from S.M.W. detector. I adapted LC circuit with 22 nF for 14,5 kHz, but the wave forms are not realy different.
Anyway I am satisfied with my one transistor osc. in pcb, I changed R1 from 2k2 to 1k and R3 to 51K7 (47 and 4k7), now I have 20V p-p and a nice wave form.
Also I increased R29 and R31 from 470K to 1M and I was realy surprised, now detection is increased about 4-5 cm. So time for me, to put all in my homemade plastic box and hope, to test soon in the field.
Changed resistors are marked with yellow. Now should all parts be as in my board.
Mm..I could try on bread board first. It gives more p-p? I have now 16,5 V and while I reduced R1, it was 21V, with bad wave form, same current consumtion, but without more distance my test coin. But I will give him a chance.
You can pump gain by increasing R29 and R31 from 470K to 1M.
Also, here is Musky example...
Would be nice to make Musketeer oscilator for Blobber version, like IGSL. I think it's more sensitive cause that osc. is stronger.
Mm..I could try on bread board first. It gives more p-p? I have now 16,5 V and while I reduced R1, it was 21V, with bad wave form, same current consumtion, but without more distance my test coin. But I will give him a chance.
Nice work you have there blobber and im stick with 15cm, I will stop temporary until I have an osilloscope like hantek you reffering to, if a scope is a must for this kind of work even the simplest one, I should have it one.
Thank you. Yes and I'm sure you will find your mistake.
Leave a comment: