Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY TGSL STEP BY STEP BUILDING AND TESTING

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chuubaba
    replied
    Fixed. Thank you for quick remedy. Why it is silent when every component and joint i fixed is more than perfect??
    Originally posted by Hyena View Post
    NEVER run tgsl without coil!!!

    Connect Tx coil and check negative rail again

    Leave a comment:


  • Hyena
    replied
    Originally posted by chuubaba View Post
    Populated my second TGSL board today. Connected everything with it except coil but it is silent. Power is 13V DC.

    PROBLEM !
    The voltage on pin 4 of lm358 is 0.36V instead of -5V. How i correct this. My c3 and c28 is 220uf 35V.
    [ATTACH]43665[/ATTACH]
    NEVER run tgsl without coil!!!

    Connect Tx coil and check negative rail again

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    Populated my second TGSL board today. Connected everything with it except coil but it is silent. Power is 13V DC.

    PROBLEM !
    The voltage on pin 4 of lm358 is 0.36V instead of -5V. How i correct this. My c3 and c28 is 220uf 35V.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	351754

    Leave a comment:


  • Hyena
    replied
    Originally posted by NĂ¡ndor View Post
    Those are 100nF capacitors on the voltage rails of the LM308 Op-amp for filtering. They can be 150nf, 220nf or any other it's not critical. The PCB traces are long that's why you need capacitors on every Op-amps rail pins.
    Typo: it should be 100pF

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    Those are 100nF capacitors on the voltage rails of the LM308 Op-amp for filtering. They can be 150nf, 220nf or any other it's not critical. The PCB traces are long that's why you need capacitors on every Op-amps rail pins.
    Last edited by Nandor; 07-13-2018, 03:10 PM. Reason: added

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    what is the value of these two capacitors highlighted in green.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	351747

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    Thank you daluka for the prescription. I used ordinary petrol and methalated spirit and some olive oil to make the preparation and got excellent results with this method.
    Originally posted by daluka View Post

    Leave a comment:


  • daluka
    replied
    Originally posted by chuubaba View Post
    I am struggling with finding effective/ appropriate paper for print transfer to the copper clad board.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    ...... As soon as I took board out of ferric chloride.......
    I am struggling with finding effective/ appropriate paper for print transfer to the copper clad board. I am using butter paper but the toner always fails to adhere to it. I tape the board size butter paper to A4 paper to get the print. Do i need to change my printer settings? Or there is other effective method using ferric chloride?

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    As they have a way of saying you bust me the brains ! But i am going to build a new TGSL PCB or all my PCBs. For me there is no curve in the learning curve; instead its a 90* steep climb but with help and guidence from fellow members i shall make my bride up
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I know it is not so very aesthetically pleasing, but they say the ugliest brides make the best wives.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I know it is not so very aesthetically pleasing, but they say the ugliest brides make the best wives.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    So it is more common mistake than others will admit.
    Here is my TGSL which works like it is demon from hell, finding deep targets.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I made same mistake with my home made TGSL pcb. I didn't mirror the image when printing to CUPS. As soon as I took board out of ferric chloride, I saw my silly mistake and begin to cuss myself. But then I realized I could solder chip sockets to copper side of board and reverse legs of transistors and pay attention to diodes polarity etc.and I could solve problem. Other way is to bend legs of chips all the way to the other side. Now you will have fancy pcb that nobody but yourself can understand

    Leave a comment:


  • chuubaba
    replied
    i thank you. you have been very kind to pay attention
    Originally posted by rickb View Post
    I am done with trying to help you.

    Leave a comment:


  • daluka
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB design.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	351727.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X