Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
DIY TGSL STEP BY STEP BUILDING AND TESTING
Collapse
X
-
This has all been s little too much, I feel depressed and sad. Boy, I never thought that it could get to this sad state of affairs. You guys just keep piling it on.
-
Can't think why, but for some reason I'm reminded of this story:
“Word Perfect Technical support; may I help you?” “Yes, well, I’m having trouble with WordPerfect.”
“What sort of trouble?”
“Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away.”
“Went away?”
“They disappeared.”
“Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?”
“Nothing.”
“Nothing?”
“It’s blank; it won’t accept anything when I type.”
“Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?”
“How do I tell?”
“Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?”
“What’s a sea-prompt?”
“Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?”
“There isn’t any cursor: I told you, it won’t accept anything I type.”
“Does your monitor have a power indicator?”
“What’s a monitor?”
“It’s the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it’s on?”
“I don’t know.”
“Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?”
…..”Yes, I think so.”
“Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it’s plugged into the wall.”
…..”Yes, it is.”
“When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?”
“No.”
“Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable.”
…..”Okay, here it is.”
“Follow it for me, and tell me if it’s plugged securely into the back of your computer.”
“I can’t reach it.”
“Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?”
“No.”
“Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?”
“Oh, it’s not because I don’t have the right angle-it’s because it’s dark.”
“Dark?”
“Yes-the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window.”
“Well, turn on the office light then.”
“I can’t.”
“No? Why not?”
“Because there’s a power outage.”
“A power… A power outage? Aha! Okay, we’ve got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?”
“Well, yes. I keep them in the closet.”
“Good! Go get them and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from.”
“Really! Is it that bad?”
“Yes, I’m afraid it is.”
“Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?”
“Tell them you’re too stupid to own a computer.”
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, so you have correct voltages, -6.22 is OK. How is it that I now know this?
Because of erratic way in which you make some post. I do not always know what is going on.
Well seems like you're almost there. Don't give up, others are willing to help you. Audio is easy fix, should be no problem. You are smart guy, I think you will have no problem figuring everything out.
Leave a comment:
-
looks like tgsl is a thing of past thin and forgotten.i am sure kt315 and you know too much but you have other things to look into. i think my board is working reasonably but lacks audio. GTG now
Leave a comment:
-
i already did this. instead of -5V i was getting -6.22 volts. The +8 volt was ok with on my board.Originally posted by dbanner View PostOk. Look on schematic, you will see at the top -5V next to C5. Now go on PCB and look where C5 is, and measure voltage at this point, with black probe connected to battery negative. You should get -5V.
Now look above on schematic you see +8V next to TR7, likewise measure on PCB.
Leave a comment:
-
ok. i also tried test 5 but i could not understand the results so i will look in to again tomorrow. Basically the test guide does not tell me position of Time/div and Vs/ div knobs for this test. I hope someone has any clues on this..
Originally posted by dbanner View PostStandby, I'm getting my files on TGSL from laptop, give me a few minutes.
Leave a comment:
-
Ok. Look on schematic, you will see at the top -5V next to C5. Now go on PCB and look where C5 is, and measure voltage at this point, with black probe connected to battery negative. You should get -5V.
Now look above on schematic you see +8V next to TR7, likewise measure on PCB.
Leave a comment:
-
this is how 101.a (pin 7 of lm393 ) translates on scope.
Time/ div set at 20uS and Tx 5volts/ div and Rx .1volts/div.
Originally posted by dbanner View PostSeems you are on fishing expedition, jumping from part to part of circuit, going around in circles. Forget about the speaker beep or no beep.
You need to be methodical approach.
First begin with the beginning and end with the end.
1 begin with power supply, checking for correct voltages on pcb. (- +5v)
2 FOLLOWING THE BUILD DOCUMENT, check the output of U101 on scope.
Go step by step, and ask questions pertaining to each step. Don't come and say that a rat has eaten the wire on the pot.
Leave a comment:
-
Remove all Chip except 4024, then connect coil to TX, check for -5volts. Do only this and report back, do not go on fishing expedition.
Leave a comment:
-
till now got +8V from test 11 and -6v from test 13 and 0.07v from test 8Originally posted by dbanner View PostSeems you are on fishing expedition, jumping from part to part of circuit, going around in circles. Forget about the speaker beep or no beep.
You need to be methodical approach.
First begin with the beginning and end with the end.
1 begin with power supply, checking for correct voltages on pcb. (- +5v)
2 FOLLOWING THE BUILD DOCUMENT, check the output of U101 on scope.
Go step by step, and ask questions pertaining to each step. Don't come and say that a rat has eaten the wire on the pot.
Leave a comment:
-
Seems you are on fishing expedition, jumping from part to part of circuit, going around in circles. Forget about the speaker beep or no beep.
You need to be methodical approach.
First begin with the beginning and end with the end.
1 begin with power supply, checking for correct voltages on pcb. (- +5v)
2 FOLLOWING THE BUILD DOCUMENT, check the output of U101 on scope.
Go step by step, and ask questions pertaining to each step. Don't come and say that a rat has eaten the wire on the pot.
Leave a comment:
-
I am so stuck with audio problem else i would have shown you a video of my digital multimeter. once the audio driver circuit beeps in reaction to metal hovering over the coil the C1000uf drains out and then it starts to recharge itself very slowly. It takes it approx 100 seconds to recharge 1 v in it. it seems that the audio circuit could not beep till it fully (or sufficiently) charges itself back so either there is insufficient current to keep it charged or there is bad resistor blocking flow of current to 1000uf. or it can also be a bad 1000uf capacitor
Originally posted by dbanner View Post........... the post with 100seconds/volt, really set the fox amongst the pigeons.
Good luck with the device..............
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: