Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about tgsl

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • waleed
    replied
    Originally posted by waleed View Post
    I really appreciated you all for the replies I love how this forum is active...now I'm going to etch the pcb (I have coppercoated board and ferric chloride..etc). But the problem is I think that the pcb doesn't match the schematic (which I have got them from "tgsl complete detailed" thread)..we can see that there is in total 12 ICs in the schematic while in the pcb placement there is only 7 ICe (regardless of the other components which doesn't match also). Please can you tell me where can I get the right pcb and pcb placement paper??
    Any answer? Please

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by homefire View Post
    LOL, That battery is going to die of old age before the TGSL drains it. Three 18650 cells in series would be plenty for a few hours of Treasure Hunting.
    With 3 18650's i was detecting 4 hours at a time 3 times a week, only need to recharge the batteries once a month. the IDX is even more efficient, i think i only charged the batteries two times during the summer, and i was out detecting a lot more than that.

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    LOL, That battery is going to die of old age before the TGSL drains it. Three 18650 cells in series would be plenty for a few hours of Treasure Hunting.

    Leave a comment:


  • waleed
    replied
    I really appreciated you all for the replies I love how this forum is active...now I'm going to etch the pcb (I have coppercoated board and ferric chloride..etc). But the problem is I think that the pcb doesn't match the schematic (which I have got them from "tgsl complete detailed" thread)..we can see that there is in total 12 ICs in the schematic while in the pcb placement there is only 7 ICe (regardless of the other components which doesn't match also). Please can you tell me where can I get the right pcb and pcb placement paper??
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    i use 3 18650 that last for a very very very very long time. As for the speaker a .2watt 8 ohm speaker is more than loud enough for parks but not for places along a highway, headphones are better.
    use 16 Ohm headphones. connected it in series (GND wire is not used), mono-, gives you 32 Ohm general value.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    If not sounding good then try putting a 100 Ohm resistor in series with the speaker.
    ---
    use 32 Ohm or 50 Ohm speaker for low-current VLF. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_55

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    i use 3 18650 that last for a very very very very long time. As for the speaker a .2watt 8 ohm speaker is more than loud enough for parks but not for places along a highway, headphones are better.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    That battery will work for many, many hours but it will be heavy to carry.

    The TGSL draws about 30mA without sound and about 50-80mA with sound.
    So at 50mA average draw that battery will last for 1200/50 = 24 hours.

    Other than weight the battery will work fine.

    I use a small 3-cell LiPo battery that is about 2x3x4cm. This runs the TGSL for over 12 hours.

    Speakers are a little harder to tell if they will work. Many have complained of bad sound with some speakers.
    I use a similar speaker on my TGSL-EDU (PCB from Silver dog) and it works.
    You will need to connect it and listen to how it sounds. If not sounding good then try putting a 100 Ohm resistor in series with the speaker.

    There are many posts about this detector since it is very popular. Try reading them for ideas, issues and fixes.
    I like how the one I built works.

    good luck and please post pics of your build and how it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • waleed
    started a topic Question about tgsl

    Question about tgsl

    Hello everyone. I'm building a tgsl md and I'm wondering what type of battery and speaker I should use? Check the image below and tell me if it is fine to use those ones or I have to get another bat and spk? .thanks for helping
    Attached Files
Working...
X