Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

complete project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sido
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    It would be very handy to have a basic PCB for moodz DSPIC30F4012 pic project
    say just the pic and LCD and xtal and rotary switches and some pins for ip/op
    hint HINT
    Agree 6666....I posted for Pete the builder in the UNIPI hardware layout question, no response yet. Maybe Pete has missed it.

    I dont have a PCB layout program to be able to produce a negative, but hopefuly one posted would be a start for the UNIPI.

    If a different aproach towards a working control timer is in the pipeworks...well will wait for that, hopefully with board artwork.

    For now, time does not permit me to commit as much i would love to do so, but i am gathering parts for the Tinkerers sm design. Looks intersting considering the previous new design concepts of Moodz great work has disappeared underground.

    Sid

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    It would be very handy to have a basic PCB for moodz DSPIC30F4012 pic project
    say just the pic and LCD and xtal and rotary switches and some pins for ip/op
    hint HINT

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    Thanks, Pete the Builder!
    I think Tinkerer means you. The Uni-PI is based on a DSPIC30F4011(4-Channel) or DSPIC30F4012 (2-Channel). The Design is from Moodz.
    Conect the Tinkerers_SB_MO with the Uni-PI could be a second step after building it with the Tinkerers_SB_NM_PSU&TX stage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    the golden coin is a gulden from nederlande it is dated 1588. The smallest silvercoin is a Hochrandpfennig, probably from Magdeburg Germany, datet between 1004 and 1052. The biggest Coin is a Taler from saxony with Johann Georg, dated after 1600,and the other big Coin is Maximilanus from prussia, dated 1616. The middel Coin is a Silbergroschen dated betwenn 1400 and 1500.
    Wow. Those are truly amazing finds! I think I'm lucky to find a 1945 penny!

    Thanks so much for the explanation. I'm in total awe!
    -Pete

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkerer View Post
    Maybe we can convince Pete to get involved with the programming?
    Do you mean me, Pete, or another Pete?

    I'd be more than happy to do any device programming if it would help out!

    If it's not me you mean, then please ignore this message.
    -PtB

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    Hello Tinkerer,
    for the LDO´s i have found LM2990(-5V) and LM 2940(+5V)
    Datasheet´s are here http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/36866.pdf and here http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/10208.pdf. I think the LT1086 is better(http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/42570.pdf) but i don´t find the equivalent for this chip for -5V.
    How much Ampere (or mA) must they have?
    I will order some Parts and want order the wire for the coil´s. What size should i buy?

    Thanks
    mschmahl
    Elektor have just published two switching regulators to replace the venerable 7805/7905. The positive regulator will source 1A, the negative 750mA. Both have extremely low dropout voltages, and are up to 90% efficient! Just a thought. Oh, and they can be configured for +/- 12V (and any voltage in between). I'm not sure of the EMI 'silence', though. I might do a couple of boards and make them up to see. Something else for my list... Anyhow, I hope this might be useful!

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkerer View Post
    Use low noise LDO for the voltage regulation.

    Tinkerer
    Hello Tinkerer,
    for the LDO´s i have found LM2990(-5V) and LM 2940(+5V)
    Datasheet´s are here http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/36866.pdf and here http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/10208.pdf. I think the LT1086 is better(http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/42570.pdf) but i don´t find the equivalent for this chip for -5V.
    How much Ampere (or mA) must they have?
    I will order some Parts and want order the wire for the coil´s. What size should i buy?

    Thanks
    mschmahl

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    Ok. Than i will build the SB-Varaint with PIC16F690.
    We will run the detector at 10,000 pulses per second. Use 10nF for C6 on the PSU and TX schematic.

    Talk to me when you are ready to build the coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    Ok. Than i will build the SB-Varaint with PIC16F690.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    Hello Tinkerer,
    i think for the Frontend i will use the tinkerers_SB-MO-schematic and for the backend the Tinkerers_SB_NM_PSU & TX schematic. Or is it better to use the Unipi(I have some parts at home e.g. DSPIC30F4011, Display, encoder ...)
    My problem is programming a chip. I have PICKIT2 but i did not programm a chip successfull.
    For the power i will use AA batteries 1,5V. So i can make batteriepacks with 6 V(4x1,5V) or 12 V(8x1,5V). For a 50 cm roundcoil should i use 12 V ore 24 V?

    Hello Pete,

    the golden coin is a gulden from nederlande it is dated 1588. The smallest silvercoin is a Hochrandpfennig, probably from Magdeburg Germany, datet between 1004 and 1052. The biggest Coin is a Taler from saxony with Johann Georg, dated after 1600,and the other big Coin is Maximilanus from prussia, dated 1616. The middel Coin is a Silbergroschen dated betwenn 1400 and 1500.
    I can change a timing code on the PIC16F690, but I can do no coding on the UNIPI. Maybe we can convince Pete to get involved with the programming?

    12V will be OK.

    Use low noise LDO for the voltage regulation.

    I will have a look at the schematics to see if I remember.

    Good Luck.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    Hello Tinkerer,
    i think for the Frontend i will use the tinkerers_SB-MO-schematic and for the backend the Tinkerers_SB_NM_PSU & TX schematic. Or is it better to use the Unipi(I have some parts at home e.g. DSPIC30F4011, Display, encoder ...)
    My problem is programming a chip. I have PICKIT2 but i did not programm a chip successfull.
    For the power i will use AA batteries 1,5V. So i can make batteriepacks with 6 V(4x1,5V) or 12 V(8x1,5V). For a 50 cm roundcoil should i use 12 V ore 24 V?

    Hello Pete,

    the golden coin is a gulden from nederlande it is dated 1588. The smallest silvercoin is a Hochrandpfennig, probably from Magdeburg Germany, datet between 1004 and 1052. The biggest Coin is a Taler from saxony with Johann Georg, dated after 1600,and the other big Coin is Maximilanus from prussia, dated 1616. The middel Coin is a Silbergroschen dated betwenn 1400 and 1500.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete the Builder
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    My objects that I want to find (and have found) are Silver and Goldcoins. Goldcoins are very rare here(only one in 15 years), so the maingoal are Silvercoin´s. The problem is, the PI must found silver below the cultivation layer.(30-40 cm deep). The coin´s are between 17mm and 45 mm(see my Picture).
    Those are some excellent finds! You must have been over the moon when you found the gold coin! It must have been very exciting.

    Out of interest, would you mind telling us what the coins are? I watch Time Team obsessively, so I'm really interested to learn about your finds!

    Good luck with your detector build, too!
    -Pete

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    So what happened?
    I only got the chip programmed and working, the rest is in the "to do" pile, sorry.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    The the tx output wave form from pin 13, is at the top of screen,
    the bottom waveform is sample 1.

    Gotta clean the dust off the CRO one day
    So what happened? Let's move forward with the project. A few other members of the forum also have a go at it.
    Between the crowd it will be more fun. Let's do it.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    You got some very nice coins there. To find such coins at 50cm depth, a 40 to 50cm diameter coil will be good.
    For 50cm depth with the very thin, small coins the powerful TX of the Tinkerers_SB is good enough.

    The TC's of these coins are all over 10us - 15us, so you can use the TX timing that gives the best response for this kind of targets.
    I will help you with the PIC timing code.

    For the GB, we will have to do some experimenting.

    Please ask for any clarifications I will be glad to help.

    Good luck
    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X