Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

complete project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mschmahl
    replied
    Hello Tinkerer,
    I have read all your post´s about the Tinkerer-Tem-IB-PI. Thank´s a lot for sharing your knowledge.
    I think the Tinkerers_SB is the right PI for my needs. But i need your help.
    My objects that I want to find (and have found) are Silver and Goldcoins. Goldcoins are very rare here(only one in 15 years), so the maingoal are Silvercoin´s. The problem is, the PI must found silver below the cultivation layer.(30-40 cm deep). The coin´s are between 17mm and 45 mm(see my Picture).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02629.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	334731
    The bigger Coin´s are 2 mm thick.
    I search on flat mowed or plowed fields most time. So i think a big coil is good. Are 40 cm round enough, or should it be bigger?

    Here we have not a lot mineralization, no hotrocks, but the ground is sandy and loamy. So i think a simple GB method is good enough.

    We have a lot of Iron (Part´s from Worldwarweapons, vehicles, tractors). So i think a possibility of discrimination between iron and other is a must have.

    Is the Tinkerers_SB Motion or Non-Motion sufficiently for my need´s?

    Thank´s a lot
    mschmahl

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by sido View Post
    Hi, please keep this interesting thread going.

    Tinkerer, any new concepts? Would be interested.

    I am looking into couple of your great circuit designs now.

    Sid
    Yes, I am working on the Tinkerers Discriminating Ground Balance design. TINKERERS_DI_GB.

    Leave a comment:


  • sido
    replied
    Hi, please keep this interesting thread going.

    Tinkerer, any new concepts? Would be interested.

    I am looking into couple of your great circuit designs now.

    Sid
    Last edited by sido; 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM. Reason: added line

    Leave a comment:


  • pelanj
    replied
    I am sorry, due to lack of time for this project, I can not continue programming the PIC in the near future to have some results. I will keep on watching the thread and I hope I can put in my little bit one day.

    Leave a comment:


  • mahd313
    replied
    hi tinkerer
    ok,thanks
    im waiting
    but , i want information for 1 x 1m and 1.5 x 1.5m coil
    thanks
    mahd313

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by mahd313 View Post
    hi tinkerer
    please attach pictures of your coil ? (non_motion)
    please information big coil for (non_motion )
    thanks
    Hi mahd313,

    the 2 articles below should give you the basic understanding.
    Without any changes to the circuit and HEX file, the largest coil I recommend for the non motion design, is about 40cm diameter.

    With changes, much larger coils can be used.

    I will soon post some improvements to the non motion circuit in rev.1

    Tinkerer



    Leave a comment:


  • mahd313
    replied
    hi tinkerer
    please attach pictures of your coil ? (non_motion)
    please information big coil for (non_motion )
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by Midas View Post
    I think we get it Aziz, ground effects and target effects may be difficult to separate with only two samples. But none the less I think doing some field testing with it in its current form is still valid. Targets could still well sound different than variations in ground or even hot rocks. For example variations in ground probably won't have edges as well defined as valid targets. Hot rocks will probably have a wider area of detection to total amplitude ratio (seems logical to me.. any other opinions?). Whether all the subtleties can be detected by the operator needs to be determined. As Tinkerer has already pointed out the quality of the audio could make or break it.

    Of course I'm not saying that more samples wouldn't make it a lot easier...

    Midas
    When we look at the full RX signal wave form, we can find a dead spot somewhere along the wave form, for every kind of target.

    I call this dead spot, THE PIVOT.

    Time past, I posted many pictures showing THE PIVOT. If we take many samples, one of these samples will automatically fall on THE PIVOT.
    Or we can guess, or make a look-up table with some known PIVOT times and chose this sample as the 0 level, to which we compare all other signal responses, resistive or reactive in nature.

    The ground is nothing more than a complex large target. It has a well defined PIVOT. However, the changing ground will also change the spot in time (we are talking of the Time Domain here) so we need to locate the Ground PIVOT initially and then track this spot in time as it changes.

    Using this Ground PIVOT as our 0 level, purely resistive targets will be 180 degrees phase from purely reactive target like ferrite.

    Purely reactive targets do not exist in nature.

    When we have a target that has both characteristics, like iron, the phase difference is different from 180 degrees.

    The phase is what produces the PIVOT in Time Domain. The PIVOT is the spot in time, where the signal crosses the 0 level.

    The PIVOT can easily be observed at the output of the preamp of the TINKERER RX.

    If we can see it on the oscilloscope, we know it exists.

    If we know it exists, we should be able to transform what we see into what we hear.

    Since we are looking at small variations in the wave form, we need to make an audio that allows us to recognize small variations in the audio.

    Hence, a good audio is needed.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • Midas
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Hi all,

    anyone made the measurements, I have raised recently?
    Please show the CRO pictures...
    The crucial point must be shown here...
    Aziz
    I think we get it Aziz, ground effects and target effects may be difficult to separate with only two samples. But none the less I think doing some field testing with it in its current form is still valid. Targets could still well sound different than variations in ground or even hot rocks. For example variations in ground probably won't have edges as well defined as valid targets. Hot rocks will probably have a wider area of detection to total amplitude ratio (seems logical to me.. any other opinions?). Whether all the subtleties can be detected by the operator needs to be determined. As Tinkerer has already pointed out the quality of the audio could make or break it.

    Of course I'm not saying that more samples wouldn't make it a lot easier...

    Midas

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Hi all,

    anyone made the measurements, I have raised recently?
    Please show the CRO pictures...
    The crucial point must be shown here...
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    The the tx output wave form from pin 13, is at the top of screen,
    the bottom waveform is sample 1.

    Gotta clean the dust off the CRO one day
    Looks OK, now show us the Flyback and the RX signal. You are doing great.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    The the tx output wave form from pin 13, is at the top of screen,
    the bottom waveform is sample 1.

    Gotta clean the dust off the CRO one day
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Here's a plus, pickit2 says programming successfull,will test and see what I get out of the pic.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thanks have ordered PIC16F690-I/P will see what happens
    cheers
    6666

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Tinkerer your schematic seems to list the pic as being a PIC16F690-x-p
    is that some generic label ?
    I can get PIC16F690-I/P will that work ?
    and do you have any pictures of your coil ?
    thanks
    6666
    I just took the symbol from the DESIGNSPARK software, was not even aware of different types. The common variety works just fine.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X