Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    I don?t see any difference in the end result on the breadboard by removing the SAH cap. A slight ripple makes it through the first amp. Maybe your simulation is correct.
    The extra capacitor is not necessary in the Surf-PI derived circuit because the sample gates and the opamp integrator together form a "sampling integrator".

    In the Voodoo circuit the filters are differentiators, so there's a capacitor at the output of the sample gates to create a sample-and-hold circuit. Without the SAH capacitor the signal suffers a large drop in amplitude during the TX period.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    My warm recommendation of a soldering iron in hand! The simulation is sometimes not one hundred percent accurate!If that were the case, every project would be done for a day what they would do for half a year?

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    The net should be like a "T" with a resistor, capacitor and another resistor at which OP amp is connected. See others IB schematic.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    I don?t see any difference in the end result on the breadboard by removing the SAH cap. A slight ripple makes it through the first amp. Maybe your simulation is correct.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Some op-amps hate any C on their -input and will oscillate. Which op-amps did this to you?

    Without seeing exactly what the circuit looks like I am unable to suggest why no change.
    When I posted earlier I had tried adding a capacitor to one of my existing circuits. Don't remember which amplifiers oscillated. Redrew the schematic to be closer to Don's. Adding the capacitor doesn't seem to effect the simulation. Maybe doing something wrong?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Tried adding the hold capacitor in a spice simulation. Sampled a input signal. No change at amplifier out with some amplifiers, oscillation with some others. Wondering what I'm missing. First time I've seen adding a capacitor from common to -input.
    Some op-amps hate any C on their -input and will oscillate. Which op-amps did this to you?

    Without seeing exactly what the circuit looks like I am unable to suggest why no change.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Here is the sample with and without the 100n cap. Perfect sample for non ferrous detection is on the declining slope of the oscillations. The net signal will decrease in amplitude for non ferrous and phase shift right plus increase for iron... same for the ground signal so it seems best to sample on the declining slope between 90 - 180 degrees.
    Tried adding the hold capacitor in a spice simulation. Sampled a input signal. No change at amplifier out with some amplifiers, oscillation with some others. Wondering what I'm missing. First time I've seen adding a capacitor from common to -input.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Could you also include a series idiot diode in power line , needs slightly bigger holes thanks
    Sure,np.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    U2b,R24,C31 = Sample And Hold, SAH.
    Although i am not sure about the value.
    100nF shall do.
    So C31 is "Hold capacitor".

    Here is the sample with and without the 100n cap. Perfect sample for non ferrous detection is on the declining slope of the oscillations. The net signal will decrease in amplitude for non ferrous and phase shift right plus increase for iron... same for the ground signal so it seems best to sample on the declining slope between 90 - 180 degrees.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    No sweat:

    [ATTACH]54142[/ATTACH]

    Could you also include a series idiot diode in power line , needs slightly bigger holes thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    What does C31 do?
    U2b,R24,C31 = Sample And Hold, SAH.
    Although i am not sure about the value.
    100nF shall do.
    So C31 is "Hold capacitor".

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    What does C31 do?
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Don, I would have expected a capacitor after the CD4066B to hold the sampled voltage; it's really missing?
    I put 100nF, it can be higher value.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    No sweat:

    [ATTACH]54142[/ATTACH]
    What does C31 do?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Ivconic, I think is better left space for a capacitor on PCB (if you agree)
    No sweat:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DB_HIBRID.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	358894

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    Work fine without one. It?s getting averaged out but ideally should have one.
    Ivconic, I think is better left space for a capacitor on PCB (if you agree)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X