Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post

    The PICKit 4 is quite expensive, so I would get the PICKit 3.
    Don't know what 3.5 is. Never heard of it.

    It sounds like it's an issue with the PIC18F45K22. Most likely a configuration problem.
    There is a comparison test on Yotube. 3.5 allegedly works faster.
    I will order model 3. Seems like optimal one for my needs.
    ...
    Yes, it must be. I made two voodoo's and i have exactly the same behavior on both.
    ...
    I located one White's Spectra V3 coil and will obtain it for testing.
    Other coils that i have are not suitable.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    I have a request, but I myself do not have enough knowledge to modify the program. voila, would it be possible to make a new entry, to install a quick toggle trigger between the two modes? without going through the menu .. and validation. I like to go quickly on the beach, and switch from one mode to another quickly will be really appreciable .. if someone has an idea for that .. I am interested. thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hey Surfdetector or others, how warm to touch does your U6 the -5 reg get, I only have the pic and TX and preamp running and I am a bit surprised how warm its running already with more chips to plug in yet ? Its not easy to measure the current being drawn.
    temperature of my workshop 20 .. and measurement of u6 after 5 min of use 24.5 .. measurement with a pt100 on contact.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Everything is easy when you have proper tool.
    But without it it is nignthmare.
    I searched local suppliers, i can buy Pickit2, 3 or 3.5.
    No Pickit 4 here.
    I am scratching my head and wonder what to order; 3 or 3.5?
    ...

    The PICKit 4 is quite expensive, so I would get the PICKit 3.
    Don't know what 3.5 is. Never heard of it.


    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    If you read my "earlythismorningmad" rant; you'll notice that i mentioned strange behavior with 18F45K22 on board and +5v voltage drop.
    Is it possible that this is only because of the 18F45K22 on the place instead 18F4520?
    When both TL072 are in sockets; +5v drops to 0.3v. When one removed; 4.6V. When both removed; alright 5v.

    It sounds like it's an issue with the PIC18F45K22. Most likely a configuration problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Glad to be of assistance

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Precisely!
    Most of the process i would probably figure out myself... EXCEPT the part with voltage adjustments!
    I would most probably wander in the mist around that.
    I find your video indeed very helpful.
    Thanks
    !
    Glad to be of assistance

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Yes, that's it.
    I actually used a PICKit4, but both PICKit3 and PICKit2 will work. I've used all three on the PIC18F4520 without any problems.
    You can program the PIC directly on the Voodoo board via the ICSP connector, so you don't need the ZIF programming adapter board.
    Everything is easy when you have proper tool.
    But without it it is nignthmare.
    I searched local suppliers, i can buy Pickit2, 3 or 3.5.
    No Pickit 4 here.
    I am scratching my head and wonder what to order; 3 or 3.5?
    ...
    If you read my "earlythismorningmad" rant; you'll notice that i mentioned strange behavior with 18F45K22 on board and +5v voltage drop.
    Is it possible that this is only because of the 18F45K22 on the place instead 18F4520?
    When both TL072 are in sockets; +5v drops to 0.3v. When one removed; 4.6V. When both removed; alright 5v.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I am not sure if this is what you need but I did a step by step video of loading the hex file onto the PIC with a PICKit3

    https://youtu.be/O9V8fmQWXe4
    Precisely!
    Most of the process i would probably figure out myself... EXCEPT the part with voltage adjustments!
    I would most probably wander in the mist around that.
    I find your video indeed very helpful.
    Thanks
    !

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hey Surfdetector or others, how warm to touch does your U6 the -5 reg get, I only have the pic and TX and preamp running and I am a bit surprised how warm its running already with more chips to plug in yet ? Its not easy to measure the current being drawn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I am not sure if this is what you need but I did a step by step video of loading the hex file onto the PIC with a PICKit3

    https://youtu.be/O9V8fmQWXe4

    Yes, that's it.
    I actually used a PICKit4, but both PICKit3 and PICKit2 will work. I've used all three on the PIC18F4520 without any problems.
    You can program the PIC directly on the Voodoo board via the ICSP connector, so you don't need the ZIF programming adapter board.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    ...
    Qiaozhi you can help with step by step explanation how to program 18F4520, how you did it.
    For us non-PIC users.

    I am not sure if this is what you need but I did a step by step video of loading the hex file onto the PIC with a PICKit3

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Hi everyone. this week I didn't have much time for the voodoo, but ... I still did the test on a new tx coil, on the super D, the result of all this is that between the wires of silicon and the litz wires, the latter is really good. the litz is faster, the detection distance is much better on smaller targets, so I will take this option for the realization of the final product and do some tests in a real soil!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0221.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	627.2 KB
ID:	358800Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0220.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	655.5 KB
ID:	358801
    this is the other, in silicon threads.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0415.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	358802Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	770.2 KB
ID:	358803
    see you.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Just been doing a burn in test of TX and PI preamp.
    Had to make an adapter for the 300 uH coil and RD to make it work, pity that RD is not an option to be soldered on the pcb.
    Soldering resistors and capacitors on coil plugs is not my thing.

    My made up 3.3 ohm resistor is quite warm at 30'C, ambient air is 20'c, the one ohm is cool, but rest of parts ok SO FAR.
    But nice clean signal at preamp out, it even responds to a target, seems to settle after about 10uS
    running the circuit on 3 18650's.
    so far so good

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    That came to my mind too. But i am already very exhausted for trying various options.
    Went to addict and found out my old MBHP_BURNER_V1b which is old and obsolete parallel port programmer.
    At the time i used it to program PIC16F876, PIC16F877, PIC16F84, PIC16F628 and 12C508 and 12C509.
    That hardware works splendid with PBrennerNG44 and PBrennerNG48 (sprut.de).
    But! It can't recognize 18F4520. I took also old laptop from addict, Pentium III, Windows XP, with parallel port.
    Wasted several hours to sort those all out, connect all, tried... nothing!
    Although somewhere in archives i saw that it should support 18F4520. In reality it does not.
    To test if it is still alive after all those years; i put 16F877 and tested, yup; everything is working so smooth.
    So, software is not recognizing damn 18F4520.
    Than i surfed the net and found out PICPGM with auto detect features. Promising.
    Actually total miss. Wrongly auto detects hardware, although leds on hardware kinda flashing somewhat.
    Recognizes hardware as some "AN..." programmer. While in essence it is Tait classic programmer, so as it says in PBrenner.
    When i manually set it to Tait Classic ... it won't work at all, leds not flashing.
    And so on.. and so on... several hours of trying every crazy thing.
    So i am very exhausted and tired.
    Reading whats on those links i see in advance another several hours wasted, since there is no particular solution for 18F4520.
    Now am nowhere. No turning back. Must buy Pickit 3 and wait several days more.
    ...
    Qiaozhi you can help with step by step explanation how to program 18F4520, how you did it.
    For us non-PIC users.


    Yes its frustrating sometimes
    I can write out the instructions for pickit 3 and MPLAB IDE V8.76, this version of software is a bit older now but it works for all the pics I use

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    I hope you get your voodoo working
    re programming the 4520, I found something that may help, the 4520 is listed, with you being a arduino wizard it may work for you

    a bit more info here
    http://pleasantlyclueless.blogspot.c...rogrammer.html
    That came to my mind too. But i am already very exhausted for trying various options.
    Went to addict and found out my old MBHP_BURNER_V1b which is old and obsolete parallel port programmer.
    At the time i used it to program PIC16F876, PIC16F877, PIC16F84, PIC16F628 and 12C508 and 12C509.
    That hardware works splendid with PBrennerNG44 and PBrennerNG48 (sprut.de).
    But! It can't recognize 18F4520. I took also old laptop from addict, Pentium III, Windows XP, with parallel port.
    Wasted several hours to sort those all out, connect all, tried... nothing!
    Although somewhere in archives i saw that it should support 18F4520. In reality it does not.
    To test if it is still alive after all those years; i put 16F877 and tested, yup; everything is working so smooth.
    So, software is not recognizing damn 18F4520.
    Than i surfed the net and found out PICPGM with auto detect features. Promising.
    Actually total miss. Wrongly auto detects hardware, although leds on hardware kinda flashing somewhat.
    Recognizes hardware as some "AN..." programmer. While in essence it is Tait classic programmer, so as it says in PBrenner.
    When i manually set it to Tait Classic ... it won't work at all, leds not flashing.
    And so on.. and so on... several hours of trying every crazy thing.
    So i am very exhausted and tired.
    Reading whats on those links i see in advance another several hours wasted, since there is no particular solution for 18F4520.
    Now am nowhere. No turning back. Must buy Pickit 3 and wait several days more.
    ...
    Qiaozhi you can help with step by step explanation how to program 18F4520, how you did it.
    For us non-PIC users.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X